Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Kendrick or Cole?

test

Rate "Port Antonio"

• Dope

• Mid

• Trash

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it's wild that people keep assuming that no one was gonna die potentially from this shit and it was "only gonna be on wax".

Like with this current state of society and these MAGA clowns y'all really expected nothing to potentially happened? Especially when there was real shots from XO and OVO that was flamed from rap disses?

I can't blame Cole for being concerned that niggas could actually die from rap beef especially with the history and dumb ass stans or crashouts that be taking shit waaaay too far.

"NoThinG wasNt goNnA hapPen, it's JuSt raP oN wAx"

Like y'all REALLY think that shit?? Haven't we learn from our history that it doesn't if you street or not it's them dumb ass people around you that does wild shit?

Rick Ross literally got attacked d in Toronto because dudes had hometown pride and we laughed it off, but do y'all realize how that shit could have went left quick and dude could have got killed from someone trying to "stand up for the 6ix"?

Smh Hip Hop has a history of dumbass people taking it too far, enough with the "nothing would have happened, he just scared" shit.

JUST STOP FAM JUST STOP

Both kendrick and Cole could have dropped diss to each other. The masses knew after a while kendrick and drake have REAL beef but it wasnt no real beef between cole and kendrick. shit wasnt it Schoolboy Q who said he called cole and told him this wasnt no just rap shit. So even if cole dropped a song after still dissing, them both knew it would have been just bars.

And whats funny is nobody is bringing up killings when the females start talking to each other. I didnt hear no " we cant let the barbs and cardi fans near each other cause theres gonna be shooting". nobody said shit when bia, ice spice or lotto starting dissing

JUST STOP FAM JUST STOP

Both kendrick and Cole could have dropped diss to each other. The masses knew after a while kendrick and drake have REAL beef but it wasnt no real beef between cole and kendrick. shit wasnt it Schoolboy Q who said he called cole and told him this wasnt no just rap shit. So even if cole dropped a song after still dissing, them both knew it would have been just bars.

And whats funny is nobody is bringing up killings when the females start talking to each other. I didnt hear no " we cant let the barbs and cardi fans near each other cause theres gonna be shooting". nobody said shit when bia, ice spice or lotto starting dissing
Shit Cardi and Nicki got physical after the Met Gala a few years back

And that’s my issue at the moment. Cole raps his ass off and all his verses for the last 2 years or so have been on some “I dare a nigga to challenge me, I’m the illest nigga right now” shit, which he should do and all….but it falls flat when he was challenged, accepted the challenge and then quickly recanted his statements.

And then he went back to the same “I’m the illest nigga” shit? Nah man. It’s time for you to make some reflective raps for a lil bit.

Port Antonio is dope for that. I just dont want to hear this nigga talk about being that nigga for a lil bit.

Talking about I'm the best rapper vs what the Kendrick/Drake shit turned into which wasn't a battle of the best MC but a battle of which shitty accusations can stick are two different things. I don't think Cole has a problem proving he's the best rapper. I think his issue is he wants to do it without tearing down somebody personally.

Ironic of them to hang hats on bot allegations that can only be presumed and not verified while ignoring the ones directly in front of us daily on socials.

They've been trying to convince us since May that Drake somehow won in reality because he had the best song of the lot. Those like to dislike numbers made no difference in anything that went on during the peak of the beef. They tried telling us the weekly numbers were botted too when I don't think we've heard an actual rap song since the pandemic played as consistently and in every possible setting the way we heard Not Like Us. Bot talk is a narrative flip that has been mainly perpetuated by actual OVO bots lol

I don't think the bots had anything to do with the quality of music but the likes/dislike shit was absolutely a topic of discussion. And it did shift how some viewed the battle. I also think that tweet and the battle continues to expose that Kendrick fans still don't get he's been criticizing them this entire time as well.

The problem Cole has is he is a mid-rapper that is popular because he's one of the few non-dusty underground rappers that tries to construct bars.

Y'all put him up there with Drake and Kendrick and he hasn't done anything to prove it besides psychologically dissect Kanye in a song.

He is basically Logic with more XP in the Cool attribute.

And y'all don't try to rank Logic.

Booooooo! I'm of the opinion it's really less about what Cole saying and moreso the tone and chest that he saying it with

The nigga sounds defeated. As defeated as Drake sounded on H6. All these reasons and justifications sounds weak af when he never had to respond to begin with

14ceV8wMLIGO6Q (1).gif

I also think that tweet and the battle continues to expose that Kendrick fans still don't get he's been criticizing them this entire time as well.

Bro, you shooting way too much bail.

This man is the first major artist in the HISTORY of hip hop to fold when directly challenged to a battle. He released a subpar diss record and then unreleased (yes that's right I said unreleased) the aforementioned diss record. Don't we kill HOV for apologizing for Super Ugly? And he didn't even step out of the ring completely the way Cole did. Homie then doubled back 6 months later proclaiming, "I pulled the plug because I seen where this was bout to go / they wanted blood they wanted clicks to make they pockets grow." So all of a sudden he bigger than money and clicks because he was too good for a rap battle? Kendrick and Drake, despite all of the Akademiks pushing for fuckery, has yet to lead to blood stemming from those two camps. You think Kendrick Cole was going to lead to blood? Hurt feelings maybe but that's rap my nigga, niggas get barred up everyday, b. And then the nerve to pretend as if he himself had never played the subliminal games for the last decade as well.

Cole thinking he too holy for the ups and downs of rap battling and putting it on the public being blood thirsty is the DEFINITION of self-righteous. What did you think would happen once all parties engaged? Y'all the big 3, right?

To summarize. Your statement is outright wrong. Kendrick literally said,

"Just walk that man down, that'll do everyone a solid
It's love, but tough love sometimes gotta result in violence"

That tweet is exactly what Kendrick has been saying the entire time. These niggas is corny and like to throw rocks and hide hands to play victim.

Bro, you shooting way too much bail.

This man is the first major artist in the HISTORY of hip hop to fold when directly challenged to a battle. He released a subpar diss record and then unreleased (yes that's right I said unreleased) the aforementioned diss record. Don't we kill HOV for apologizing for Super Ugly? And he didn't even step out of the ring completely the way Cole did. Homie then doubled back 6 months later proclaiming, "I pulled the plug because I seen where this was bout to go / they wanted blood they wanted clicks to make they pockets grow." So all of a sudden he bigger than money and clicks because he was too good for a rap battle? Kendrick and Drake, despite all of the Akademiks pushing for fuckery, has yet to lead to blood stemming from those two camps. You think Kendrick Cole was going to lead to blood? Hurt feelings maybe but that's rap my nigga, niggas get barred up everyday, b. And then the nerve to pretend as if he himself had never played the subliminal games for the last decade as well.

Cole thinking he too holy for the ups and downs of rap battling and putting it on the public being blood thirsty is the DEFINITION of self-righteous. What did you think would happen once all parties engaged? Y'all the big 3, right?

To summarize. Your statement is outright wrong. Kendrick literally said,

"Just walk that man down, that'll do everyone a solid
It's love, but tough love sometimes gotta result in violence"

That tweet is exactly what Kendrick has been saying the entire time. These niggas is corny and like to throw rocks and hide hands to play victim.

He's not the major artist to fold during a battle when directly challenged lol. You putting too much sauce on that. Almost I'm saying is where the battle ended up going i can see why somebody wouldn't wanna involve themselves in that because it wasn't a battle of who the best MC is and that's what Cole spent the past 4 years rapping about incessantly.

I don't think he's saying he's too good for a rap battle. But that he not about to get into a back and forth based on rumors and having to dig up information on folks. He'd rather just find 1000x different ways to say he's better than you instead of making songs calling somebody a woman beater or a pedophile. Those are two very different types of battles.

I say that tweet is more indicative of Kendrick because he engages in many of the things he's critical of and even was during the battle itself. But folks were so ready to see Drake knocked off that they let it slide.

Let's keep it simple.

J Cole don't have the heart to really be the best.

He can rappity rap all he wants but no amount of syllables he can spit out is going to make him look like he has what it takes.

And most people don't have the heart to be the best.

Kendrick obviously don't care about being friends with anybody and was willing to be low down and dirty to win.

That's not Cole and that's fine.

Last edited:
He's not the major artist to fold during a battle when directly challenged lol. You putting too much sauce on that. Almost I'm saying is where the battle ended up going i can see why somebody wouldn't wanna involve themselves in that because it wasn't a battle of who the best MC is and that's what Cole spent the past 4 years rapping about incessantly.

I don't think he's saying he's too good for a rap battle. But that he not about to get into a back and forth based on rumors and having to dig up information on folks. He'd rather just find 1000x different ways to say he's better than you instead of making songs calling somebody a woman beater or a pedophile. Those are two very different types of battles.

I say that tweet is more indicative of Kendrick because he engages in many of the things he's critical of and even was during the battle itself. But folks were so ready to see Drake knocked off that they let it slide.

Who on earth told Cole that's what he would have to do just because that's what Kendrick and Drake opted to do? Their beef was clearly personal, that's why it played out like that. He could've hit Kendrick with all the lyrical miracles to his heart's content if that's what he wanted to do.

And I don't like how he and people conveniently ignore that the one Cole's been running around with toughest for the last few years has a track record of doing that because he tried the same shit with Push. He even hinted on push ups that he would be doing the same shit with his Whitney line. Then just like the Push beef people cry foul because being a messy nigga blew up in his face.

Also please do not confuse what it means for someone to fold in the face of battle. Not someone who came up short or stunk it up. Someone who folded like a sucker. You can't name a major artist that publicly stated, "I'm deleting my diss and I won't continue to battle son because I respect him too much, that's my brother." That's like giving someone your best shot in a boxing ring and then throwing in the towel as soon as you see it didn't even make them flinch.

Who on earth told Cole that's what he would have to do just because that's what Kendrick and Drake opted to do? Their beef was clearly personal, that's why it played out like that. He could've hit Kendrick with all the lyrical miracles to his heart's content if that's what he wanted to do.

And I don't like how he and people conveniently ignore that the one Cole's been running around with toughest for the last few years has a track record of doing that because he tried the same shit with Push. He even hinted on push ups that he would be doing the same shit with his Whitney line. Then just like the Push beef people cry foul because being a messy nigga blew up in his face.

Also please do not confuse what it means for someone to fold in the face of battle. Not someone who came up short or stunk it up. Someone who folded like a sucker. You can't name a major artist that publicly stated, "I'm deleting my diss and I won't continue to battle son because I respect him too much, that's my brother." That's like giving someone your best shot in a boxing ring and then throwing in the towel as soon as you see it didn't even make them flinch.

The person you're talking about did exactly what you say no other artist did before. Or are you forgetting the whole "J Prince told me not to release the song" shit from Drake? Man folded and did an interview after admitting Pusha handed him his ass in that battle.

I agree with the 1st part of this post and i even said it in this very thread that there's no predicting where Cole and Kendrick disses would've went 100%..but you can't discount Schoolboy Q being the person to tell Cole that the battle wasn't gonna be what he wanted which was "who's the best MC". So it ain't like he backed out and then it got personal and he dodged a bullet. He backed out knowing where it was going beforehand. Thats a key difference in context.

The person you're talking about did exactly what you say no other artist did before. Or are you forgetting the whole "J Prince told me not to release the song" shit from Drake? Man folded and did an interview after admitting Pusha handed him his ass in that battle.

I agree with the 1st part of this post and i even said it in this very thread that there's no predicting where Cole and Kendrick disses would've went 100%..but you can't discount Schoolboy Q being the person to tell Cole that the battle wasn't gonna be what he wanted which was "who's the best MC". So it ain't like he backed out and then it got personal and he dodged a bullet. He backed out knowing where it was going beforehand. Thats a key difference in context.

Touche. Honestly, that's probably why they get along so well--or maybe it's a mixed thing. Yet still, it's important to note that Drake never deleted his diss and although he may have been in the shop with LeBron coppin' pleas, he for sure didn't apologize.

But 100% on Schoolboy Q sending up the flare. That's an important factor but Cole taking heed and continuing to play both sides of the fence just screams ho to me.

"Drake you'll always be my nigga, ain't ashamed to say you did a lot for me my nigga" is up there with Biggie's Richard Pryor line for nastiest bars of all time.

Back