FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Some of these justifications/excuses remind me of an old video I saw where this 30+ year old white pedo was trying to justify his love for 12 year old girls by saying “it was normal back in the day or in normal in <insert country/culture>”. Man fuck outta here w/ that weirdo shit. Let’s take the law out of the argument. You mean to tell me something isn’t off about a grown ass man being attracted to a chick who still rides the school bus? Like out of all of the “grown woman” options in this world, you’d rather have the chick who got after school detention?

Nah don't do that, tell me what majority of his music is exclusive to the black American experience. What is he saying that only black Americans have the intrinsic right to say.

Copying styles, weird fake accents - all that shit is perfectly valid to call his ass out on. His pedo ways should've deaded his career years ago.
Ok so you not as clueless about this

Listen b, this dude has over 10 yrs of music and and has been doing it at all extremely high level. If you can't think of a single song on your own that clearly displays the criticism from Kendrick, then you don't wanna see it and there's no song in gonna name for you that will make you just say, oh ok, without trying to do what you're doing now

This shit getting goofy. Drake is a phony but he not cosplaying being black, he is black. He's also a Canadian so no duh he's not with the black American experience, idek what that gotta with anything, he don't make pro-Black music lol.

At this point it seems a lot of mfers just on Drake head because y'all don't see him as being black.

He can be considered Black on a Pan-Africanist Blackness scale... But he not like us.

Listen b, this dude has over 10 yrs of music and and has been doing it at all extremely high level. If you can't think of a single song on your own that clearly displays the criticism from Kendrick, then you don't wanna see it and there's no song in gonna name for you that will make you just say, oh ok, without trying to do what you're doing now

I'm gonna be honest,

Niggas are all over the place on this whole Black American experience and music shit. Like, Drake's father was a professional musician. His uncle was a professional musician and played with AL Green. He has real musicians in his family. There's evidence of him being exposed to Black music at a very young age. So from the strictly music standpoint, how is he cosplaying something he grew up on?

I'm not even going to dive into the being Black part because debating on weather or not Drake is Black is a waste of time and niggas know that. He is Black. So what part of the music or the culture is he cosplaying?

Reactions: GNS

I think the disconnect is that I guess I never saw it as him acting like a black American, I just saw it as him faking hard. I never saw his phony persona as being prototypically black American because we are not a monolith and plenty Black American artists fake hard just the same.

Like, my issues with him (minus the pedo shit) are the same issues I have with Tory Lanez although not of the same magnitude. Canada is not hard, or at least wasn't. It doesn't have the history America has so the shit that they doing now... it's all for show. It's not natural, and that shit annoys the fuck outta me.

So I guess thinking on it, I can see where you might be coming from. I do still think there is some weird racism going on but I can see where the black American thing comes from after writing this.

The Weekend has shooters? Wtf have i been missing?

Every motherfucker in the music industry has shooters.

We have to remember the music industry has been mobbed up since beginning of modern day record labels.

Hip Hop copies the model the Rat Pack started.

The Weeknd been shooting out his shooters since he started.

"Stix doing good in these streets, he popping more bottles than us right now."

- King of the Fall

"I am not the type let a nigga talk back but I'ma let it slide because my niggas way too violent."

- Might Not Make It

White stars don't got shooters no because the decline of the Mafia, but during the Golden Age, they had shooters.

Last edited:
I think the disconnect is that I guess I never saw it as him acting like a black American, I just saw it as him faking hard. I never saw his phony persona as being prototypically black American because we are not a monolith and plenty Black American artists fake hard just the same.

Like, my issues with him (minus the pedo shit) are the same issues I have with Tory Lanez although not of the same magnitude. Canada is not hard, or at least wasn't. It doesn't have the history America has so the shit that they doing now... it's all for show. It's not natural, and that shit annoys the fuck outta me.

So I guess thinking on it, I can see where you might be coming from. I do still think there is some weird racism going on but I can see where the black American thing comes from after writing this.

But even the discourse around Drake faking hard and linking it to Canada is ridiculous because it's not like every place in America gets the same rep or treatment. How may years did the south get shunned in hip hop because of their location? What about the random places and cities that people act like niggas can't rep from?

The problem with niggas trying to box Drake up on these things is that you cannot apply that shit equally across the board for hip hop.

I'm gonna be honest,

Niggas are all over the place on this whole Black American experience and music shit. Like, Drake's father was a professional musician. His uncle was a professional musician and played with AL Green. He has real musicians in his family. There's evidence of him being exposed to Black music at a very young age. So from the strictly music standpoint, how is he cosplaying something he grew up on?

I'm not even going to dive into the being Black part because debating on weather or not Drake is Black is a waste of time and niggas know that. He is Black. So what part of the music or the culture is he cosplaying?
Drake mostly raps about fuckin on Instagram models, hanging with drug dealers and killers, and occasionally getting lit in the club... all while rapping with a grafted accent from a particular urban area that matches the mood of that song. That can be considered cultural appropriation, if those things were exclusive to Black culture. That "lifestyle" was created by high level members of the entertainment industry decades before hip hop was born (shout to to Hugh Hefner), trickled down to disenfranchised Black ppl that dream of being amongst that circle, and mislabeled as "Black culture". If anything, calling what Drake raps about Black culture is more detrimental to Black culture than Drake actually rapping about it.

My bad, y'all don't wanna hear that bullshit Sharief.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS and illed_Out
The other point I'm going to make is that a lot of niggas talking about Drake's Blackness sound a lot like them FBA niggas with their policing. The commentary looks very similar and ridiculous.

Have you ever called a Puerto Rican a Mexican and seen the visceral reaction?

Or a Korean a Japanese person?

Lol, every group does policing because they have pride in what they are.

Race in the 21st century and beyond will be a dead concept anyway.

There's too many African and Caribbean immigrants in America to walk around pretending everyone is just Black.

Shit, "everyone is just Black" died when White women started demanding to have their kids be called Mixed. They weren't gonna let their kids be tainted.

Shit, many Africans that immigrated to the West, particularly America, let it be known that they did not considered themselves Black until they came over here.

Blackness and being Black isn't a race or a cultural thing. It's a condition. It's a status. It's where the desirables put the undesirables. It's a way of stripping a group of people from an identity.

Asians in the UK used to be called Black.

So yeah, Drake isn't Black like that. He's one of these transient people that attaches himself to Blackness because America purposely promoted Black American culture after the Civil Rights Movement to showcase the progressiveness of America to the Global South to prevent Communism.

Black Americans became a dominant force in popular culture due America being an empire.

So any Caribbean or African or Canadian European or whatever that wants to be dominant in the West, has to come through Black Americans.

And Hip Hop is so connected to the native Black American experience, that Drake had to learn how to be Black American.

Having an entire movement dancing to lyrics calling you a pedophile is not something that can be policed. How exactly do niggas think a handle can be put on that?

I'm not comparing the two but it's like when niggas make accusations about somebody being gay with speculation. How do people expect the person defending themselves to move around after that and why do they think the reaction from people can be policed?

Beef is never controlled. It's gonna go where it's gonna go.
Drake completely changed the way we looked at Meek, then there were other reasons for why we looked at meek funny. But Drake needs to deal w what comes w a loss

Reactions: Black_Samson
Drake mostly raps about fuckin on Instagram models, hanging with drug dealers and killers, and occasionally getting lit in the club... all while rapping with a grafted accent from a particular urban area that matches the mood of that song. That can be considered cultural appropriation, if those things were exclusive to Black culture. That "lifestyle" was created by high level members of the entertainment industry decades before hip hop was born (shout to to Hugh Hefner), trickled down to disenfranchised Black ppl that dream of being amongst that circle, and mislabeled as "Black culture". If anything, calling what Drake raps about Black culture is more detrimental to Black culture than Drake actually rapping about it.

My bad, y'all don't wanna hear that bullshit Sharief.

Wait a minute........

So niggas are made at Drake for switching his style up depending on the sound from the area where he's making a song from?

So like I'm from Cleveland right, am I supposed to be mad at Drake if he does a songs with a Cleveland rapper and raps fast like Bone Thugs? Or if Drake gets on a West Coast beat and rides the beat like a west coast artist I'm supposed to dismiss that?

Talk to me like I'm dumb unless I'm not interpreting this shit right. I'm being for real.

Last edited:
Have you ever called a Puerto Rican a Mexican and seen the visceral reaction?

Or a Korean a Japanese person?

Lol, every group does policing because they have pride in what they are.

Race in the 21st century and beyond will be a dead concept anyway.

There's too many African and Caribbean immigrants in America to walk around pretending everyone is just Black.

Shit, "everyone is just Black" died when White women started demanding to have their kids be called Mixed. They weren't gonna let their kids be tainted.

Shit, many Africans that immigrated to the West, particularly America, let it be known that they did not considered themselves Black until they came over here.

Blackness and being Black isn't a race or a cultural thing. It's a condition. It's a status. It's where the desirables put the undesirables. It's a way of stripping a group of people from an identity.

Asians in the UK used to be called Black.

So yeah, Drake isn't Black like that. He's one of these transient people that attaches himself to Blackness because America purposely promoted Black American culture after the Civil Rights Movement to showcase the progressiveness of America to the Global South. So Black Americans became a dominant force in culture due America being an empire.

This is a very Foundational Black American ass response my nigga I ain't even gonna lie lolololololololololol

Like, I get what you're saying but have you even taken a step back and looked at Drake specifically? How would any of this apply to a nigga with a Black father who was a musician and exposed him to and put him on to Black music?

The picture that you're painting is like Drake didn't have any inkling of what Black music was until he was an adult which is not the case. This nigga has been exposed to all types pf Black music and culture from his own family. So does that shit just get discredited or what are we talking about here?

I'm not trying to be silly either. I'm legitimately asking.