Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Vince Staples - Dark Times

Added to Calendar: 05-24-24

Wasn't expecting y'all to like this album

To tell you the truth, I always respected Vince as an emcee. My first time hearing him rap was on the track Ride Out (ScHoolboy's Blank Face LP album) despite hearing about his name and whatnot. Thought he murdered that shit to bits. Then checking his Summertime '06 project.

But I couldn't get into the funky disco-pop beats and shit later on. Then he restored my faith with Ramona Park Broke My Heart making me check out his Vince Staples album.

Truly gifted artist right there.

This might sound silly, but am I the only one who wished he connected I Gave You Power by Nas with When Sparks Fly somehow, some way?

To tell you the truth, I always respected Vince as an emcee. My first time hearing him rap was on the track Ride Out (ScHoolboy's Blank Face LP album) despite hearing about his name and whatnot. Thought he murdered that shit to bits. Then checking his Summertime '06 project.

But I couldn't get into the funky disco-pop beats and shit later on. Then he restored my faith with Ramona Park Broke My Heart making me check out his Vince Staples album.

Truly gifted artist right there.

This might sound silly, but am I the only one who wished he connected I Gave You Power by Nas with When Sparks Fly somehow, some way?
That would have been dope if it was a Nas connection.

Omfg. It took me till right NOW to find out vince is signed to talibs blacksmith label. I had no clue. I dont recall hearing a single song they've done together or even see them talk to eachother in a video. I havent really looked too hard either though, but what a surprising label for him to be on. I thought talib folded that label years ago.

Omfg. It took me till right NOW to find out vince is signed to talibs blacksmith label. I had no clue. I dont recall hearing a single song they've done together or even see them talk to eachother in a video. I havent really looked too hard either though, but what a surprising label for him to be on. I thought talib folded that label years ago.
Not sure if this is true

Étouffée

Now this track right here is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Etouffee def the standout track

Im not lovin the entire project as much as yall but yea this track is the one

Alot of the other tracks i feel like his delivery kinda monotone

I like Radio & Little Homies but they not hittin like Etouffee

His Netflix show was great tho. Need a season 2

Back