Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Have you ever called a Puerto Rican a Mexican and seen the visceral reaction?

Or a Korean a Japanese person?

Lol, every group does policing because they have pride in what they are.

Race in the 21st century and beyond will be a dead concept anyway.

There's too many African and Caribbean immigrants in America to walk around pretending everyone is just Black.

Shit, "everyone is just Black" died when White women started demanding to have their kids be called Mixed. They weren't gonna let their kids be tainted.

Shit, many Africans that immigrated to the West, particularly America, let it be known that they did not considered themselves Black until they came over here.

Blackness and being Black isn't a race or a cultural thing. It's a condition. It's a status. It's where the desirables put the undesirables. It's a way of stripping a group of people from an identity.

Asians in the UK used to be called Black.

So yeah, Drake isn't Black like that. He's one of these transient people that attaches himself to Blackness because America purposely promoted Black American culture after the Civil Rights Movement to showcase the progressiveness of America to the Global South to prevent Communism.

Black Americans became a dominant force in popular culture due America being an empire.

So any Caribbean or African or Canadian European or whatever that wants to be dominant in the West, has to come through Black Americans.

And Hip Hop is so connected to the native Black American experience, that Drake had to learn how to be Black American.

I also wanted to add that this response really tries to put all Black Americans in the same box. All Black Americans don't embrace all parts of the culture the same. Niggas can't even agree on basic discourse about hip hop but we're to believe that there's unwritten rues about Black music and how niggas are supposed to embrace and consume it?

Reactions: GNS
I also wanted to add that this response really tries to put all Black Americans in the same box. All Black Americans don't embrace all parts of the culture the same. Niggas can't even agree on basic discourse about hip hop but we're to believe that there's unwritten rues about Black music and how niggas are supposed to embrace and consume it?
Tired of niggas taking the most cartoonish stereotypical caricaturee and ascribing it to authentic blackness... shit be crack culture not black culture

:chile:

dont-feed-the-trolls-meme-03.jpg

Wait a minute........

So niggas are made at Drake for switching his style up depending on the sound from the area where he's making a song from?

So like I'm from Cleveland right, am I supposed to be mad at Drake if he does a songs with a Cleveland rapper and raps fast like Bone Thugs? Or if Drake gets on a West Coast beat and rides the beat like a west coast artist I'm supposed to dismiss that?

Talk to me like I'm dumb unless I'm not interpreting this shit right. I'm being for real.
I mean, if you sound like Ted Koppel in real life it might be an issue. Speaking of Ohio, Bow Wow is from there and we see how culturally confused he is. A lot of rappers do that accent switching thing, especially since other regions started getting shine. I used to HATE NY rappers for getting on South beats and slanting their words... we don't talk like that in real life, why would you do it on record? It is what it is now, but that speaks to a lack of identify that varies with the artist. Personally, I'm more mad at Chris Brown saying he was "dripped in red" than Drake rapping with a Memphis accent about some shit he more than likely did in real life. It's all nasty work... just be yourself.

I ain’t into conspiracies but something fishy going on…

I heard a rumor that Kendrick, Pusha, and Pharrell have a song coming out. Not necessarily a diss song, but people are choosing sides and there is definitely a united front against Drake. The industry might be trying to pack Drake ass up. So there could be something to the 20 v 1 thing. But, that's really just the optics. It ain’t really 20 v 1. Drake is practically a protected asset class for some very powerful individuals. There is a group of people that will go unnamed that really like bagels that got they hands in this shit.

I don’t necessarily think Drake is a pedophile but somebody over there close to him is and this starting to feel like an elaborate rollout. Kendrick took it way too far with the don’t go to cell block one… I know shit about you that make Gunna look good…yall freaky over there. Now all of a sudden… they’re shooting up his house… they’re vandalizing his stores . 🧢

Last edited:
I mean, if you sound like Ted Koppel in real life it might be an issue. Speaking of Ohio, Bow Wow is from there and we see how culturally confused he is. A lot of rappers do that accent switching thing, especially since other regions started getting shine. I used to HATE NY rappers for getting on South beats and slanting their words... we don't talk like that in real life, why would you do it on record? It is what it is now, but that speaks to a lack of identify that varies with the artist. Personally, I'm more mad at Chris Brown saying he was "dripped in red" than Drake rapping with a Memphis accent about some shit he more than likely did in real life. It's all nasty work... just be yourself.

How is Bow Wow culturally confused? Boward Woward was born in Columbus but put on in the rap game by Snoop on the west coast. Then he linked up with JD in ATL. JD is a producer so of course if Bow Wow is working with him he's going to have an ATL sound, flow, bounce to it. That's no different than if Bow Wow would've done songs produced by Dr. Dre it would've had a G-Funk sound to it.

I don't wanna twist your words but it almost sounds like you're saying that rappers are only allowed to sound one way even though they may be living and experiencing life in different areas.

This is a good time to remind people that DJ Premier was born and raised in Houston and even attended college there. Before he moved to New York as a teenager, His influences on hip hop were all of the legendary New York DJ's. Nobody who is a fan of Premier will ever tell you that he has a Houston sound to his music. I don't think I've ever even heard Premier do a Chopped and Screwed song or any slow banging Houston type of music.

So is Premier putting on a front with his New York Boom Bap sound because none of his music sounds like the Houston rap scene music?

• Ether
I ain’t into conspiracies but something fishy going on…

I heard a rumor that Kendrick, Pusha, and Pharrell have a song coming out. Not necessarily a diss song, but people are choosing sides and there is definitely a united front against Drake. The industry might be trying to pack Drake ass up. So there could be something to the 20 v 1 thing. But, that's really just the optics. It ain’t really 20 v 1. Drake is practically a protected asset class for some very powerful individuals. There is a group of people that will go unnamed that really like bagels that got they hands in this shit.

I don’t necessarily think Drake is a pedophile but somebody over there close to him is and this starting to feel like an elaborate rollout. Kendrick took it way too far with the don’t go to cell block one… I know shit about you that make Gunna look good…yall freaky over there. Now all of a sudden… they’re shooting up his house… they’re vandalizing his stories . 🧢

There's so many rumors going on that following the money doesn't always lead to the source. Sometimes you just have to follow the co-signs......

It's interesting to see who is co-signing who in this beef.

A lot of people have been pointing out that a lot of artist have been quiet and not jumping in on The Elimination of Drake" like Kanye said because doing so would be bad for business.

But I also noticed that 50 has been co-signing Drake. So has Game. Ross co-signing Kendrick as well as Future. I'm more so focusing on the bigger names but it's really interesting to see which rappers are co-signing Drake or Kendrick. I think that might be a tell on what's really going on behind the scenes.

• Haha
I'm gonna be honest,

Niggas are all over the place on this whole Black American experience and music shit. Like, Drake's father was a professional musician. His uncle was a professional musician and played with AL Green. He has real musicians in his family. There's evidence of him being exposed to Black music at a very young age. So from the strictly music standpoint, how is he cosplaying something he grew up on?

I'm not even going to dive into the being Black part because debating on weather or not Drake is Black is a waste of time and niggas know that. He is Black. So what part of the music or the culture is he cosplaying?
That's his background

Not his upbringing

• Haha

Tired of niggas taking the most cartoonish stereotypical caricaturee and ascribing it to authentic blackness... shit be crack culture not black culture

:chile:

So what? I’m sure them niggas is tired of you talented tenth ass niggas thinking yall the best and brightest when we have a litany of criticism to go around for everybody. Drake is rightfully being questioned. Hell, I got two black parent and I get rightfully checked about shit. None of us are above being scrutinized until we can all get on code like other races manage to do. There is a reason why the black community has always been intentional about amplifying the voices and perspectives of those who are often marginalized or deemed as embodying what you might consider low culture. Why? Because THOSE individuals often face the brunt of systemic injustices and inequalities, and their experiences provide invaluable insight into the realities of black life. We always should be listening/honoring/respecting the perspective of the niggas that’s closer to the ground. Protecting and prioritizing their voices is essential for addressing the root causes of every ill we still gotta contend with. So I just think it’s interesting that the gif you chose to be funny looks very familiar to the one below.

Which is exactly the point that the original poster who preceded you was trying to point out. I just can’t figure out how to embed these quotes.

IMG_6985.png

This is a very Foundational Black American ass response my nigga I ain't even gonna lie lolololololololololol

Like, I get what you're saying but have you even taken a step back and looked at Drake specifically? How would any of this apply to a nigga with a Black father who was a musician and exposed him to and put him on to Black music?

The picture that you're painting is like Drake didn't have any inkling of what Black music was until he was an adult which is not the case. This nigga has been exposed to all types pf Black music and culture from his own family. So does that shit just get discredited or what are we talking about here?

I'm not trying to be silly either. I'm legitimately asking.

Why you laughing at us being foundational? Like, what is funny about that?

• Haha
Is this a serious question fam?

Yes. What's the difference between Drake's background and his upbringing?

From what I can gather he spent time on both sides of his family which includes two vastly different cultures.

Back