Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Contrast that to what Drake's life must be like, full of lies and deceit. Corruption and backstabbers around him but he can't see it.

When your life is solely about money who can you trust? He's lonely now because his team has been compromised.

Euphoria is better but this is dope from a story telling perspective. Kendrick is fantastic writer
FACTS. He has a Pulitzer Prize for a reason

No, entertainment isn't an escape. It takes you deeper into the world.

Art is follows a specific order like all things. It's been argued since the beginning of time to censor media because media relays messages and sets thought patterns without any hard objective facts to persuade you to think differently.

Seeking an escape via media is a trap.
i disagree as far as this pertains to music

i’m not getting into a larger discussion about media, and certainly not about “media from the beginning of time” when the printing press is a relatively new invention

I don't need or expect people to catch everything. Just need them to stop bastardizing the art form acting like there's something wrong with trying to find the hidden meanings.

Metaphors and similes built the genre and it's golden era but look at the discourse on here now.

There's a place for all of it and there's also a way for it to be two things at once. People act like if the music has some depth to it you can't still lay back and catch a vibe.

The example in the tweet for instance. Encore comes on and I zone. After all this time it isn't even about the lyrics. It's about where it takes me.

NY State of Mind in the early 90s took motherfuckers from Iowa and let them know how it felt to catch a New York City subway train or walk the block to the corner store. Lyrics be damned. The emotion and soundscape took you there. We gotta start making folks respect the culture again.
The artists gotta respect it first

I hope thats what comes from this tho

Taking our culture back

i disagree as far as this pertains to music

i’m not getting into a larger discussion about media, and certainly not about “media from the beginning of time” when the printing press is a relatively new invention

Look up Plato's argument against poets in The Republic and his charge against them is the fact they don't state facts but give people feelings that mislead them. People still told stories and songs without the printing press. There's famous in their own time ancient poets and storytellers set the foundation for storytelling and poetry.

And if you really think music is a mindless endeavor for the listener, look no further than the spread of drill music across Europe and how serious they take it.

Lol, a catchy song with a good beat inspires murders across the world.

The idea that art is an escape is just baffling when nobody actually takes it that way.

Back