Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lol, bro all I'm saying is in a battle there really ain't no boundaries. But for some reason that touched a never with a lot of people. Like you said tho, in this one he touched on something Drake struggles with and I'm saying he did also in the last one. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hopefully Drake drop something before the day over with. Will make for a entertaining weekend imo

There arent any but the listeners can still have their preferences for what they want to hear. Same as an actual face to face battle. You hear punchlines that get mixed reactions all the time.

No, entertainment isn't an escape. It takes you deeper into the world.

Art is follows a specific order like all things. It's been argued since the beginning of time to censor media because media relays messages and sets thought patterns without any hard objective facts to persuade you to think differently.

Seeking an escape via media is a trap.
Preach

There arent any but the listeners can still have their preferences for what they want to hear. Same as an actual face to face battle. You hear punchlines that get mixed reactions all the time.

The point isn't if it is good or not.

The point is, is it effective and does it get the desired result from the person being attacked.

Kendrick Lamar is not trying to out rap Drake or make a better song than Drake.

Pusha T wasn't either.

The point is to change his image in the eyes of the people and to change how Drake presents himself to the masses.

Them freezing cold takes about Euphoria getting more brick by the hour.

Niggas painted themselves into a corner, and gotta pretend like these light jabs and warning shots on 6:16 are a better diss.

And now it seem like the “he ain’t say nothin new” ass niggas bout to get all the tea they was lookin for.
It’s a better song.

Same way I say takeover is a better song vs Ether along with Real MF Gs being better

Shrugs.

A sunseeker is a yacht model... but also Drake is off-white seeking his son lmfao that's another double for Drake.

But I know folks don't like to think in they music

I appreciate artists who take the time and have the skill to add those layers to the lyrics. I like being able to listen to certain shit and catch something new each time vs a mf dumbing down shit to the point that I feel stupid listening to it.

Look up Plato's argument against poets in The Republic and his charge against them is the fact they don't state facts but give people feelings that mislead them. People still told stories and songs without the printing press. There's famous in their own time ancient poets and storytellers set the foundation for storytelling and poetry.

And if you really think music is a mindless endeavor for the listener, look no further than the spread of drill music across Europe and how serious they take it.

Lol, a catchy song with a good beat inspires murders across the world.

The idea that art is an escape is just baffling when nobody actually takes it that way.
Keep that fire going. Amen

I appreciate artists who take the time and have the skill to add those layers to the lyrics. I like being able to listen to certain shit and catch something new each time vs a mf dumbing down shit to the point that I feel stupid listening to it.
So Ether is trash?

What about No Vaseline?

Must all be trash

Them freezing cold takes about Euphoria getting more brick by the hour.

Niggas painted themselves into a corner, and gotta pretend like these light jabs and warning shots on 6:16 are a better diss.

And now it seem like the “he ain’t say nothin new” ass niggas bout to get all the tea they was lookin for.

They just need to admit to themselves that Kendrick Lamar hurt their feelings because he told Drake he hates him.

Lol, Drake fans are remarkably similar to Drake in personality too.

Ain't this all start over the Control verse and Drake said that wasn't nice.

The point isn't if it is good or not.

The point is, is it effective and does it get the desired result from the person being attacked.

Kendrick Lamar is not trying to out rap Drake or make a better song than Drake.

Pusha T wasn't either.

The point is to change his image in the eyes of the people and to change how Drake presents himself to the masses.

If that's the point then Kendrick won't "win". The people who already don't like Drake are still gonna continue to not like him. He wont Ja Rule him and make people literally stop buying his shit. The people who love him will continue to because there was nothing in it to make people say nah I'm not fucking with him or his music. Pusha revealing the child didn't change that. Drake literally released one of the biggest songs of his career weeks later.

And if all this started over Control then it is about outrapping him because Kendrick made it clear that's what that verse was about.

There's nothing wrong with deep diving into lyrics. But we all know when folks are just gassing shit and creating it out of their own hope of something being there. Its why people clown Lupe fans. It's why the whole "Backpack rapper" thing gets jokes. It's why people who love those types of artists above all get so disappointed when they find out somebody like Phonte loves a Waka Flocka song as much as he might love a KRS One song.

People take the ability to want to find those hidden meanings as some sign of intelligence. When in reality for many as has been said most simply don't care enough to dig that deep. As you said it's normal for 2 things to coexist in the same song. But when folks start thinking they're smarter because they want to deep dive vs someone who just wants to enjoy a good song...that's where the pushback comes from toopr w

Preach!

Back