Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Who got the strap?... Official Gun Owners Thread

Are u a gun owner?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
dope, I knew there had to be one…

currently not a gun owner but I’m looking to buy this year possibly…

reason: home protection, conceal carry and shooting range

reside in southern CA

nothing big, I’m a smaller dude, 5’7”, trex hands..so something comfortable & reasonable

also, what are some good YT channels aimed at this

I know nothing about guns. I last shot one about 18 years ago at a range.
Check out your nearest gun store/ range and see if they offer intro to handguns. Take that 1st then go for your conceal license. Also at the range you should be able to rent a variety of handguns to see what feels good in your hands and shooting wise.

Me personally I don't follow anybody on YouTube. But some of the other guys in this thread follow em.
A shotgun is your best home defense weapon though.
And you in Cali. the gun laws out there are strict as opposed to Tennessee.

AR owners: Any of y'all run .223 steel case for range ammo?

Ventura had 20 rounds of steel case for $9.95 per box. Picked some up and just got done loading my empty magazines with it. The manager there told me to clean it the night before and run my AR wet with that stuff (i.e. shoot a bit of Lucas clean/lube into the chamber). Seems a bit much but if it get the ammo to run I'm all for it.
I don't know why people are afraid of shooting steel. That seems to be an urban myth

dope, I knew there had to be one…

currently not a gun owner but I’m looking to buy this year possibly…

reason: home protection, conceal carry and shooting range

reside in southern CA

nothing big, I’m a smaller dude, 5’7”, trex hands..so something comfortable & reasonable

also, what are some good YT channels aimed at this

Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9mm or M&P 2.0 9mm Compact would prolly do the trick for you.

Back