Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Who got the strap?... Official Gun Owners Thread

Are u a gun owner?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I haven't met a few of those

Do people really ask strangers if they can shoot their guns? That hasn't happened to me

many a white has asked me if I wanted to shoot their guns.

I did once but never again. No one has ever asked me if they could shoot one of mine tho.

Took 'em out to the range today. One of my boys that moved out here from Tha D recommended this outdoor range on the far north edge of town. He brought out a 300 Blackout AR, Glock 17, and his Glock 42 concealed carry joint.

20220422_151844.jpg

The first targets were left behind by a group so they gave 'em to us. Ran out 4 mags with the Sub2000 and noticed I was shooting low, but these targets were small as shit and we were at 25 yard. Plus, I'm using iron sights so there's that.

20220422_154809.jpg

Kept having failures to eject with the CMR30 initially, turns out it simply didn't like the Winchester 45 grain ammo I had loaded. During one of the breaks I re-loaded with CCI MaxiMag 40 grain ammo and we swapped targets out. Still had a couple of failures to feed, but I think that was more to do with the magazine. Once I got it to run the shit was lovely and pretty accurate.

20220422_161740.jpg

Last break and I reloaded 4 mags of 9mm and me and my boy swapped guns. At about 150 rounds the Sub2000 started having issues ejecting consistently, so I gotta get in there and clean it.

Overall, when the CMR runs, I basically hit whatever I aim at with a good amount of precision. With the Sub2000 I gotta take a few rounds to get used to it then I can get it. Oddly, on that last run for the day I shot a whole 27 round mag waaaaaaay off to the left, but the next mag was back on point until the ejection issues popped up.

20220422_164510.jpg

You may have to or want to slap the mag on your hand to line em up properly as well. My ar 15 had a issue with ejecting when it got hot oiled it up no problem since

Have you thought about getting new mags and is the gun oiled good enough?

The mags are all new, I just got the rifles yesterday and while I was out I copped a few of 'em. The thing about the CMR, though, is that it's 22WMR and rimfire carts are prone to rim lock if they're not loaded properly, which is what I thought the problem was at first.

Neither of us thought to bring a cleaning kit with us otherwise I would have oiled it after the first couple of eject failures.

the break-in/getting to know you phase is part of the fun. I’ve been thinking about getting a .22 caliber pistol (sig p322, im a sig boy if you can’t tell by now) and I hear that with 22’s, they can be real finicky when it comes to ammo that feeds reliably. I still wanna get one if my local gun store gets one before July 1st (when WA laws change to where guns can only have 10 round mags).

I’m going to the range on Sunday to get more acquainted with the Rattler. Seeing that it’s my first rifle, I really wanna get comfortable with it this next session.

the break-in/getting to know you phase is part of the fun. I’ve been thinking about getting a .22 caliber pistol (sig p322, im a sig boy if you can’t tell by now) and I hear that with 22’s, they can be real finicky when it comes to ammo that feeds reliably. I still wanna get one if my local gun store gets one before July 1st (when WA laws change to where guns can only have 10 round mags).

I’m going to the range on Sunday to get more acquainted with the Rattler. Seeing that it’s my first rifle, I really wanna get comfortable with it this next session.

My old 10/22 ran with everything I put through it, including bird shot. But, that's a rifle, so I kinda expect that it would run pretty much everything you throw at it. I peeped a review of that Sig and is sounds reliable as hell and runs with any type of ammo (similar to KelTec's P17 in that regard).

22wmr, tho, is a tricky thing. First, the mag on the CMR30/PMR30 is double stacked, and with that it's prone to rim lock (and I'm pretty sure that was one of the issues I had with the first mag). Second, KelTec says nothing less than 40 grain ammo, and I've seen videos where cats try using lighter stuff (particularly the Hornady ballistic tip 30 grain ammo) and it refuses to cycle properly so I took them at their word on that and copped a bunch of 40 grain CCI. I saw that 45 grain Winchester ammo sitting on the shelf and figured I'd try it (might have to get rid of it now). I'm thinking of ordering some Federal 50 grain ammo just to see how it runs when I head back out to the range next week.

went back to the range. The rattler is still shooting a lil low at 25 yards. I was happy with its performance overall but next time I go, I’m going to zero my dot from a seated position.

B43D4E0D-216A-4C2A-9D91-B9A7CFA587B9.jpeg

also did some shooting with my EDC and my p320 AXG from about 7 yards. The red circle is the EDC. I had some fliers in my grouping but it’s cool. My AXG, I only shot once and was happy with hitting the bullseye.

34C45D98-2436-4B11-92FA-9D39B8F79754.jpeg

last target was from the same distance with my AXG.
90CC549C-1851-4D03-B1C6-FFBD50D306CF.jpeg
I’m going back this week for sure.

went back to the range. The rattler is still shooting a lil low at 25 yards. I was happy with its performance overall but next time I go, I’m going to zero my dot from a seated position.

View attachment 825092

also did some shooting with my EDC and my p320 AXG from about 7 yards. The red circle is the EDC. I had some fliers in my grouping but it’s cool. My AXG, I only shot once and was happy with hitting the bullseye.

View attachment 825094

last target was from the same distance with my AXG.
View attachment 825095
I’m going back this week for sure.

LOL! "Bullseye on the first shot??? Well I can put this one back... "

The spot I complained earlier this year has pretty much the cheapest range time out here: $5 for a half an hour, bring your own ammo, no restrictions EXCEPT they don't allow AP rounds. Needless to say I'm rolling through there in the next couple of days after I get these things cleaned and lubed.

I begrudgingly stopped by there yesterday 'cause they were the only place in town with spare CMR/PMR mags in stock and I asked about the range when I got there.

the range I used to go to switched their policy

used to be if you weren't a member it was $20 for an unlimited pass, could basically shoot from open to close

but now you have to be a member & it's bout $120 for the yr

been goin to this range for bout a decade & had a few memberships thru the yrs when they were on sale for 1/2 off

might wait to see if they go on sale again, other than that I'll be bussin on the 4th of July & blend in w/ the fireworks lol

the range I used to go to switched their policy

used to be if you weren't a member it was $20 for an unlimited pass, could basically shoot from open to close

but now you have to be a member & it's bout $120 for the yr

been goin to this range for bout a decade & had a few memberships thru the yrs when they were on sale for 1/2 off

might wait to see if they go on sale again, other than that I'll be bussin on the 4th of July & blend in w/ the fireworks lol

look at it this way…if you go to that range 6 times a year you already paid for what you would pay for a membership.

I had to upgrade my membership at the range I go to in order to shoot .300 blackout. It costs like…$270 smh

look at it this way…if you go to that range 6 times a year you already paid for what you would pay for a membership.

I had to upgrade my membership at the range I go to in order to shoot .300 blackout. It costs like…$270 smh

dafuq???

kinda shit is that?

dafuq???

kinda shit is that?

They got it to where there are 3 different shooting bays; 1 for rifle caliber rounds & shotgun slugs along with all pistol caliber rounds and the other 2 bays are just pistol caliber and .22.

not only can I shoot my rifle, I can bring whoever I want without any lane rental or gun rental fees.

They got it to where there are 3 different shooting bays; 1 for rifle caliber rounds & shotgun slugs along with all pistol caliber rounds and the other 2 bays are just pistol caliber and .22.

not only can I shoot my rifle, I can bring whoever I want without any lane rental or gun rental fees.

I'm saying, you had to upgrade just to shoot it? That should just be a given.

I know there's a couple of ranges in SE MI with some weird ass rules (one doesn't allow any rounds that travel over 2000 or 2200fps or something like that), but having to upgrade just to shoot a rifle other than a 22???

I'm saying, you had to upgrade just to shoot it? That should just be a given.

I know there's a couple of ranges in SE MI with some weird ass rules (one doesn't allow any rounds that travel over 2000 or 2200fps or something like that), but having to upgrade just to shoot a rifle other than a 22???

Yeah man. It was either that or going to an outdoor range that allows you to shoot rifle caliber rounds but only 1 round at a time per mag. Yeah. You read that shit right.

lol

that's how I looked at it when I got it on sale for $60

like I gotta go at least 4x to get my money's worth

Can't even do that shit out here. Metro got this shit called ShotSpotter in place. It detects gunshots and cops are sent to the location, usually before someone calls 911. That hookah lounge shootout I posted about a coupla months ago had cops en route before the first 911 call even came in.

Back