Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who’s in the wrong?

Who’s in the wrong?

• Total voters
So that would mean if whatever they want won't be ready by 9:01 they can be refused service because it's closing time. Meaning coming in at 1 minute before closing is a fools game.

No it doesn't. I said very clearly 'start' a service before 9:00pm *shrugs*

If I own the place and I see you kicking up that much dust over such small shit who knows how much money you've been turning away.

View attachment 859132

You'd also then probably have to deal with getting a rep for not caring about your employees. Which also can negatively affect your business and bottom line. Especially if you take the side of a person who openly threatened the safety of one of your employees

You'd also then probably have to deal with getting a rep for not caring about your employees. Which also can negatively affect your business and bottom line. Especially if you take the side of a person who openly threatened the safety of one of your employees
Exactly what I was going to say. You need to have your employees’ back when a customer is acting stupid. I wouldn’t care about losing these folks as customers anyway. They fuck around and come back to see their face on a Do Not Serve sign, lol.

@King Freeman i'm curious how do you handle niggas being belligerent trying to get a drink after last call is over?

That's pretty simple.

1 last call is universal.

2 you generally get warned it's last call multiple times by the dj, bartenders or servers.

3 I'm not gonna let someone in at 1 minute to last call. I literally stand at the door of a nightclub and do this 4 nights a week.

4 if all of the above has been done and niggas still want to be belligerent they can leave or we can get busy. Don't matter to me I'm with whatever.

No it doesn't. I said very clearly 'start' a service before 9:00pm *shrugs*

Yes but there's also consideration to be made for however long that order/request is gonna take. And if its gonna be an unreasonable amount of time then coming in 1 minute before closing time and expecting someone to stay open an additional 20 minutes to make your food isn't smart.

And for those who've talked from the owners perspective that also means paying people longer to stay later. And seeing as how business owners are typically trying to keep costs down consistently having to pay OT usually doesn't last but so long.

That's pretty simple.

1 last call is universal.

2 you generally get warned it's last call multiple times by the dj, bartenders or servers.

3 I'm not gonna let someone in at 1 minute to last call. I literally stand at the door of a nightclub and do this 4 nights a week.

4 if all of the above has been done and niggas still want to be belligerent they can leave or we can get busy. Don't matter to me I'm with whatever.

1 - I mean... their closing time is universal... it's right there on the door
2 - they said in the video they told them people they were closed and wouldnt be served
3 - They didnt have the staff the secure the door properly.. not the customers fault.. not the employees fault either but aye.. if they say they closed they closed
4 - fair enough lol

I didn't really take any side. I said everyone was wrong. But the customer is not someone I can control as it pertains to my business.

But as someone who's worked in the customer service industry 17-18 years now in my eyes the employees were wrong. People are gonna be assholes. It comes with the job. You can't tell me it would have been more stressful to just serve the ice cream than to let it escalate like that.

Actually depending on the store policy if it's 8:29 the place may still be open to customers who have ordered before the cut off time but not to customers trying to place an order.

It's the same reason people can walk into a restaurant that closes at 10 and try to order a salad at 9:45 and get told no because in a lot of restaurants the kitchen closes 30 mins before the rest of the restaurant closes.

Those kids ain't even close to being wrong.

Some of yall seem to have a issue grasping that. Store hours are not necessarily the same as the service hours.

Actually depending on the store policy if it's 8:29 the place may still be open to customers who have ordered before the cut off time but not to customers trying to place an order.

It's the same reason people can walk into a restaurant that closes at 10 and try to order a salad at 9:45 and get told no because in a lot of restaurants the kitchen closes 30 mins before the rest of the restaurant closes.

Those kids ain't even close to being wrong.

Some of yall seem to have a issue grasping that. Store hours are not necessarily the same as the service hours.

Cause they are serving ice cream not running a kitchen where you have to prep and cook. This is a false equivalency.

I didn't really take any side. I said everyone was wrong. But the customer is not someone I can control as it pertains to my business.

But as someone who's worked in the customer service industry 17-18 years now in my eyes the employees were wrong. People are gonna be assholes. It comes with the job. You can't tell me it would have been more stressful to just serve the ice cream than to let it escalate like that.

Actually you can control the customer. One by outright banning them from the store. The other is by allowing your employees to establish a standard for how they won't be spoken to. And again by establishing a standard of behavior for customers in your establishment.

I also work in a job that involves a good amount of having customer service skills and there are times when you just gotta flat out tell a patron they're wrong and no amount of acting a fool will change that. Those customers crossed a line with them not the other way around especially if they were already informed they wouldn't be served.

Actually you can control the customer. One by outright banning them from the store. The other is by allowing your employees to establish a standard for how they won't be spoken to. And again by establishing a standard of behavior for customers in your establishment.

I also work in a job that involves a good amount of having customer service skills and there are times when you just gotta flat out tell a patron they're wrong and no amount of acting a fool will change that. Those customers crossed a line with them not the other way around especially if they were already informed they wouldn't be served.

I can't control the customer if I'm not there in real time. So yes banning them is good in theory but what about the actual practice?

Again why escalate it when it takes 1 minute to scoop up some ice cream?

Yes those people were stupid for coming at 1 minute to close, yes dude was way out of line for threatening them.

But what if he made due on that threat? What if he snaps and grabs the stick from the car and pops everybody? I bet yall would be in here today saying "damn they should just served em the ice cream"

Just wasn't worth all the energy they gave. Especially if the motive was to leave as soon as possible.

Anyway I see 1 more alert I'm assuming is for this thread. Imma take a look. May or may not respond and go about the rest of my day. Have a good one.

Back