Welcome To aBlackWeb

White People With Dreads

Cant stand white people with dreads or braids. I dont fuck with it at all. That shit gets right under my skin.

Co-sign...was watching the Texas basketball game the other day and saw this bullshit

dylan-osetkowski.jpg

I mean unless you're an Aboriginal the vast majority of Black people have curly or kinky hair so while it may not be "White" it's not naturally Black either.
But I don't relate straight hair as white is what I'm saying. I've always related it to Native Americans. They have beautiful hair.

Do you feel the same way about Sistas who straighten their hair or rock the straight hair wigs or extensions?

Nope. I dont feel like straight hair, weaves and wigs are culturally or racially specific to anyone. They're donned universally by many. And I wasnt talking specifically about white women. I dont appreciate seeing white men with that shit either. They better not say shit to me.

But I don't relate straight hair as white is what I'm saying. I've always related it to Native Americans. They have beautiful hair.

I understand. I'm saying it's not naturally Black.

As a Black woman is wanting to have hair like a Native American woman different than wanting to have hair like a White woman?

I understand. I'm saying it's not naturally Black.

As a Black woman is wanting to have hair like a Native American woman different than wanting to have hair like a White woman?
It is bc it's part of my ancestry. I don't want to look like or have anything aesthetically in essence of a white woman. Straight hair doesn't belong to a race imo, but white people as a race seem predominantly have 1A hair. I do agree with that. It doesn't belong to them tho.

Our hair can withstand almost any hairstyle. Can't say the same for white people trying to pull off those same styles created for our textures.

Black people cannot I repeat CANNOT steal/take/borrow from white people. It's cultural assimilation, not appropriation.

It becomes a problem when non African or black people snatch our hair styles and claim them as their own. Many have done this. From bantu knots being called mini buns and one of the Kartrashians renaming cornrows as Bo Derek braids. Idek who df a Bo Derek really is, but it sounds white.

You can wear your hair however you like imo. It's sensitive bc what we have naturally has been called nappy, wooly, cotton in which are all in a negative connotation. Now white folks wanna come along and wear their hair as we do and all of a sudden it's a new trend or cute. THAT is my problem.

I straighten my hair no more than 3 times a year bc for one, I get to see my length, for two, I get to feel and see my scalp, and three, to clip my ends. Oh and one more, my hair will revert back to it's natural state after water hits it.

Bo Derek back then
Bo-Derek.jpg

Bo Derek now :scust:
220px-Bo_Derek_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Locking your hair is not a black or white thing. I was pretty much born Rastafari and when I was younger I didn’t tolerate anyone who’s hair was locked and was not Rastafari I don’t care what race you claim. Then I studied and learned that people of all races have been locking their hair forever. For the most part just don’t comb it and it will do what it is meant to do. I have a bigger problem with straightening of the hair. But who am I to judge. I think it depends on the reason for the action more than the actual action.

It is cultural appropriation when some black people claim dread locks came from them originally

They come from us and our God so know your damn self's. How u gonna claim whites can't rock them when they didn't even originate from u so that means whites have every right to wear them as u do

Some black people try to steal others cultures this really is annoying when dreads are a spiritual thing that originated in my religion

With all due respect u better know your self @5th Letter @CeLLar-DooR @DNB1 @GNS @Remedy @HellCzar @Cain @Kandy

It's all fun when y'all want to discuss the negatives of my culture like the modern day caste system but ignore and not give credit for the things like us originating dreads

U mean the 4 handed bitch from mortal kombat?

That heifers hair was permed

U mean the 4 handed bitch from mortal kombat?

That heifers hair was permed

This is why good rightous black people suffer and get a bad rep because of devils like u. U not even African u are Jamaican u have white blood in u

This is why good rightous black people suffer and get a bad rep because of devils like u. U not even African u are Jamaican u have white blood in u
I am a devil I support Manchester United
I am African
I do have some white blood from slavery days

It is cultural appropriation when some black people claim dread locks came from them originally

They come from us and our God so know your damn self's. How u gonna claim whites can't rock them when they didn't even originate from u so that means whites have every right to wear them as u do

Some black people try to steal others cultures this really is annoying when dreads are a spiritual thing that originated in my religion

With all due respect u better know your self @5th Letter @CeLLar-DooR @DNB1 @GNS @Remedy @HellCzar @Cain @Kandy

It's all fun when y'all want to discuss the negatives of my culture like the modern day caste system but ignore and not give credit for the things like us originating dreads

Go appropriate some bawlz in yo mouth, then we can discuss the after taste.
:bigdummy:

I am a devil I support Manchester United
I am African
I do have some white blood from slavery days

Let me ask u a question but don't get offended it might seem like a funny question but it's not intended to be asked with malice

Go take shit on ya porch bitch.
Sick of you.

Back