Welcome To aBlackWeb

White man says he's a non-binary Korean. Thoughts?

To clarify because I feel like I may get misrepresented in regards to this thread later. I'm not in here pushing for people to use or not use anyone's preferred pronouns/race. I'm just trying to understand the logic of those that will use one, but not the other.

I'm not worried about what side of the fence you're on. I just don't get being on both sides.

Your response just sounds bigoted so I was trying to understand it better. I don't support preferred pronouns, but I don't think trans people are just a bunch of people faking something that isn't real.

It's hard to follow because you don't care about facts. It's like if I said "I don't watch basketball because they won't let black people in the NBA". Then you show me there are black people in the NBA, and I respond with "I don't know what answer you're looking for or what your don't get. I told you why i don't watch basketball"

The reason you gave for you believing transracial isn't real is because it's exclusive to white people. I showed you It's not exclusive to white people. You basically respond with "I already told you why i don't think it's real".

yea i didnt read the article of a bunch of people of colore pretending to be white for a very good reason,. its history related so i assume you aint gonna really care. you can call me a transracial bigot if that what you wanna do man but i dont care. you just dont wanna feel judged in reality

This nigga is gonna learn one day. Lol.

Haha, bruh. What am I asking about but consistency? I'm not pushing to not call trans people by their preferred words. The only thing I'm asking is why acknowledge one and not the other? Especially when a major point people make is "If it makes them comfortable/happy why not just call them what they want to be called? It doesn't hurt you or anybody. What's so hard?" But all that goes out the window with transracial when the same points apply?

I'm not telling anyone not to call a trans woman a woman. I'm just asking why other groups can't get that same treatment?

Haha, bruh. What am I asking about but consistency? I'm not pushing to not call trans people by their preferred words. The only thing I'm asking is why acknowledge one and not the other? Especially when a major point people make is "If it makes them comfortable/happy why not just call them what they want to be called? It doesn't hurt you or anybody. What's so hard?" But all that goes out the window with transracial when the same points apply?

I'm not telling anyone not to call a trans woman a woman. I'm just asking why other groups can't get that same treatment?

well racial shit cant hurt others.

yea i didnt read the article of a bunch of people of colore pretending to be white for a very good reason,. its history related so i assume you aint gonna really care. you can call me a transracial bigot if that what you wanna do man but i dont care. you just dont wanna feel judged in reality

Willful ignorance isn't a good thing man. You think a group of people don't exist. Then you get an article letting you know they do, and refuse to read it so that you can continue to think they don't exist? Not even a TLDR article or not trusting the source. Just not wanting to be informed.

well racial shit cant hurt others.

I'm not sure what you're saying.

I mean...if that were the only thing you were asking...you would've been cool after he actually answered the question. Which he did quite some time ago. He told you 'I acknowledge one and not the other because those two things are not the same to me.'.

Then you asked ANOTHER question. Which he answered.

Then you countered the his rebuttal and asked ANOTHER question.

There is an answer that you are looking for that you are not getting...so you're gonna continue to hold up this veil of 'just trying to understand'. And @Hellczar is awful at articulating his position and explaining why he feels the way he feels...like most people on ABW. So you niggas are gonna be here all day, until one of you loses interest.

This has been my Ted Talk. You're welcome.

I mean...if that were the only thing you were asking...you would've been cool after he actually answered the question. Which he did quite some time ago. He told you 'I acknowledge one and not the other because those two things are not the same to me.'.

There is an answer that you are looking for that you are not getting...so you're gonna continue to hold up this veil of 'just trying to understand'. And @Hellczar is awful at articulating his position and explaining why he feels the way he feels...like most people on ABW. So you niggas are gonna be here all day, until one of you loses interest.

i think he wants me to say im picking and choosing based on what societ finds acceptable he stated stuff liket\ that before i think he is one of those "youre only woke because everybody says that the right thing to do you dont really think like that"

In my defense he came in like he was ready to debate the logic behind the different treatment.

You know I’m always down to debate nonsense

That's a confident lead in that was followed up with basically "That's just how I feel" and nothing really behind it.

a mess that cannot be undone...I think it’s hilarious people can be a different sex, claim non genders etc but once race comes into play, that’s going too far? nope. It’s all about live your truth, live your life, love who you are... right?

heard dude is getting all kinds of death threats and hate for the Korean thing..

Ruslan covered this... did a really good job.

i think he wants me to say im picking and choosing based on what societ finds acceptable he stated stuff liket\ that before i think he is one of those "youre only woke because everybody says that the right thing to do you dont really think like that"

I'm not saying you're basing it on what society said is right. I think you're basing it on your own bias and dislikes (which is probably affected by society to some extent... that's the norm), and not coming from a logical place. But I will say if that's where you're coming from you can't really go hard at people that do the same thing, and don't use preferred pronouns.

Anyone that calls the person them/they and Korean, i think is in a better position to call someone a transphob.

It's like if you're walking and a Asian dude bumps your friend, and he says "watch it chink". Then a gay dude bumps into you and you say "watch it fag", and your friend goes "hey man chill. That's fucked up". It's like "Wait, but didn't you just...?"

I'm not saying you're basing it on what society said is right. I think you're basing it on your own bias and dislikes (which is probably affected by society to some extent... that's the norm), and not coming from a logical place. But I will say if that's where you're coming from you can't really go hard at people that do the same thing, and don't use preferred pronouns.

Anyone that calls the person them/they and Korean, i think is in a better position to call someone a transphob.

It's like if you're walking and a Asian dude bumps your friend, and he says "watch it chink". Then a gay dude bumps into you and you say "watch it fag", and your friend goes "hey man chill. That's fucked up". It's like "Wait, but didn't you just...?"

Black first everybody else second

I think it's slightly different as well. If folks ask you to use their preferred pronouns.. ok whatever thats not a big deal to me.

Somebody that's "trans-racial".. are they asking you to call them Korean? Or Black? Or whatever the feel like I think that's where the difference comes in.

I still stand by my original statement on how if they arent harming anyone.. who gives a fuck..

I'll say this tho.. betta not be no trans-racial black folks sayin nigga I know that much lol

If it's okay for a man to decide he's a woman then it's okay for that same man to think he's Korean.

I think it's slightly different as well. If folks ask you to use their preferred pronouns.. ok whatever thats not a big deal to me.

Somebody that's "trans-racial".. are they asking you to call them Korean? Or Black? Or whatever the feel like I think that's where the difference comes in.

I still stand by my original statement on how if they arent harming anyone.. who gives a fuck..

I'll say this tho.. betta not be no trans-racial black folks sayin nigga I know that much lol

So is it really different or do you just not like it? That's why I was saying it's more bias based than logic based.

To clarify because I feel like I may get misrepresented in regards to this thread later. I'm not in here pushing for people to use or not use anyone's preferred pronouns/race. I'm just trying to understand the logic of those that will use one, but not the other.

I'm not worried about what side of the fence you're on. I just don't get being on both sides.
I'm not sure how I feel about people feeling they're another race. Like how do you identify as a Korean? I fear it's going to turn into a "i wanna be Korean but I'm not Korean so I'm gonna identify as one and then it won't be appropriation". I could also maybe understand more if they grew up in Korea and all that, maybe they would feel more Korean idk.

Just because we think or feel a certain way doesn't mean we have to identify with it and claim it as our being.

Back