Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Top 10

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Top 25

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Top 50+

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
Certainly not top 5 ap, maybe top 10, top 25 is perfect for him.

nah, you aint coming in here with this shit today

not on my watch

you gon have to provide some non trolling evidence to support your position

his mixtape run, his feature run during that same time, his prolly like 4 out of his first 6 albums are crack and still get heavy play

dont come in here with this shit

nah, you aint coming in here with this shit today

not on my watch

you gon have to provide some non trolling evidence to support your position

his mixtape run, his feature run during that same time, his prolly like 4 out of his first 6 albums are crack and still get heavy play

dont come in here with this shit
Lmao He has 2 maybe 3 classics (Carter 1, 2, and 3) his mixtape run was better than his album run. He had one of the worse if the worst falloffs I've ever seen in an rapper.

His run past 08' is fucking horrific, dude straight up burned himself out, and his lyrics suffered. This line from IANAHMB sums it up:

“If you fake put a egg in ya shoe n scramble”

Dude was fucking done, just phoning it in at that point, it's not like a jay type situation where dude is just uninspired. Wayne is just burnt out period.

Nahhh b, he's had a handful of fire projects post 08, shit No Ceilings came out the next year. C4 still sold a mill in a week (during a time when niggas werent selling). Sorry for the wait series is still dope. He's still either dropped a hit or been part of a hit every year to today.

Let's leave sales outta this b, fetti wop debut went plat bro, fucking platinum

Let's leave sales outta this b, fetti wop debut went plat bro, fucking platinum

Lol nah, accolades have to be part of the equation. Not saying it's everything but it's part of it. Is he as dope as he used to be? nah, but who is 20+ years in the game. He still dropped few fire mixtapes in the past few years. Yea he dropped some duds, but again, who hasn't?

And like I said, through out this whole time, he has still been part of a hit every year to this day. Not to mention this run started when he was a kid lol

Easily a top 5 run

It's a unique run but not a top 5, I'd be cool with top 10. I think consistency is far more important than sales. After 08' wayne doesn't have a good album, he has a few listenable mixtapes, but besides his features he hasn't done much of note since c3.

I mean if we're using accolades as a measuring stick, then is drake top 25 too?

Drake is easily a Goat artist and if he actually wrote his shit, he would definitely deserve a high position, he's doing shit unheard of in any genre lol But he doesn't write all his shit, so we can just put him in the goat artist category with Ye and Dre.

But again, pretty much nobody is rapping at the same level after being in the game 20 plus years. Yall can't demand something from wayne, that no other rapper is doing lol and he's still more active and part of more hits than just about any nigga 20 plus years in the game lol

It's kinda hard to argue against this nigga b.

Drake is easily a Goat artist and if he actually wrote his shit, he would definitely deserve a high position, he's doing shit unheard of in any genre lol But he doesn't write all his shit, so we can just put him in the goat artist category with Ye and Dre.

But again, pretty much nobody is rapping at the same level after being in the game 20 plus years. Yall can't demand something from wayne, that no other rapper is doing lol and he's still more active and part of more hits than just about any nigga 20 plus years in the game lol

It's kinda hard to argue against this nigga b.
Eh, drake is a pop star at this point.

As for putting out quality music 20+ years into your career, what about scarface and gfk? Yeah, they're an exception but they have no problem putting out consistently good projects

Eh, drake is a pop star at this point.

As for putting out quality music 20+ years into your career, what about scarface and gfk? Yeah, they're an exception but they have no problem putting out consistently good projects

And even they have duds, but when somebody as big as wayne drops a dud it's more exaggerated, just like when Ye dropped Yeezus, it was the end of the world the nigga fell off, etc, when this nigga has dropped nothin but fire projects his entire career. Granted, their celebrity works in the favor when they do drop a fire project, it's more celebrated than someone of less fame. But I'm saying, every artist has duds. But we're talking about a nigga with classics from when they were a kid (hot boys) shit even classic mixtapes as a kid (sqad up), his resume pretty amazing.

Reactions: Joshie Kahn
And even they have duds, but when somebody as big as wayne drops a dud it's more exaggerated, just like when Ye dropped Yeezus, it was the end of the world the nigga fell off, etc, when this nigga has dropped nothin but fire projects his entire career. Granted, their celebrity works in the favor when they do drop a fire project, it's more celebrated than someone of less fame. But I'm saying, every artist has duds. But we're talking about a nigga with classics from when they were a kid (hot boys) shit even classic mixtapes as a kid (sqad up), his resume pretty amazing.
I'm not arguing that his resume isn't great like you said he had a crazy run but the fall off he had after c3 is something I've never seen before or since. I think that has to be considered in the convo, the good with the bad.

C1-C3 is his best material...

Should've won the most improved rapper award before the falloff...

my top 5 offiically released albums from him

The Block is Hot
C1
C2
Lights out
C3