Welcome To aBlackWeb

would you dress differently at a blue collar job interview?

Based Dave 96

Stoned is the way of the walk.
let's say you applying for a job in Sanitation is wearing a suit to a interview appropriate? or would you dress in gear to say i'm ready to haul trash now?

Wear either a suit or khakis/button shirt for the interview.

Switch it up when it's time to work. I've done this for a restaurant.

let's say you applying for a job in Sanitation is wearing a suit to a interview appropriate? or would you dress in gear to say i'm ready to haul trash now?
Sanitation is part of the City of New York.
There's a multiple choice test first. In NYC, you gotta score damn near 95 or better to be called.

Most city jobs no matter the position recommends you dress formal compared to the private sector

Some blue collar jobs will not hire you if you are too put together and interview too well. Cause they believe you’re too capable of getting a job, and so if you tire or get upset with working there. It ain’t nothing to cut that bitch off.

Like how some people won’t date some people that have a certain level of confidence and self esteem. Some Blue collar jobs are like that kinda person.

Personally experienced this multi times, low key tho, they were completely right

this guy told me he had a job interview for a painting position.... the other guy had on jeans and a shirt while he wore a suit.... the guy wanted both of them to paint.... this nigga got paint on his suit like a dummy but he got hired.

Back