Welcome To aBlackWeb

When is it okay to open up to your woman?

He's uncomfortable and that's it. That's the reason. You just don't like the reason he's given.

He will open up, but at his own pace, in his own time. My guess is you're expecting him to jump out there wearing everything on his sleeve and we just don't work that way. You're expecting a man to move like a woman, not like a man does. That's an unrealistic expectation. I guarantee you this: The man that appears to be super vulnerable and open, is holding back far more than you might even be able to fathom. It's a performance to silence you and your doubts, but best believe there's probably some horrific shit he's keeping close to the vest that you may never learn of... Or you might, after decades of marriage he may just open up about it out of the blue.

True story: One day, after being with her for nearly 20 years, my father opened up to my stepmother while they were in bed talking one night. He told her that one day someone may come knocking at their door, possibly even two of them. Come to find out, he fathered one, but possibly two kids, in the 70's prior to meeting my stepmoms. It was something he had dealt with in his head for all those years, and finally came to terms with it to the point where he opened up about it. Stepmoms didn't hold it against him either, and I got that straight from her own mouth because she recounted the story to me barely even a couple of years ago.

In the meantime, they had a life together; he raised her son, my stepbrother, and they had two more kids together. Went through ups and downs and all of the usual married life shit.
Just saying I'm uncomfortable and that's it is not going to work for me long term. I'm not expecting you tell me all your deepest secrets as soon as we commit, but I do expect some sort of explanation of how you feel if an issue comes up.

Just saying I'm uncomfortable and that's it is not going to work for me long term. I'm not expecting you tell me all your deepest secrets as soon as we commit, but I do expect some sort of explanation of how you feel if an issue comes up.

Welp... I guess that's all there is to it. I would just urge you to have a bit of understanding with a man when he doesn't wish to talk about certain things.

giphy.gif

Lol I think opening up or expressing yourself to someone close is something everyone needs

But it should and does look different for everyone

I know I don't want a person who is as open and emotional as me....I experienced a man who was super open and vulnerable. And at first I loved it , but unfortunately I wasn't able to deal

But he frequently broke down crying over silly shit and was just idk unattractive.

I can deal with a sensitive metro sexual kinda guy... but this was different.

And I noticed that some men who seem to be more vulnerable and able to express themselves can't deal with me..we don't mesh... I think we mirror each other. .two overly expressive people can be explosive....the sex be great though lol.

Never females can't keep secrets , I've watched way to many cop shows & have grown up around way to many females to know that you should never get them involved in ya shit

Look I see what you saying but many time guys say they can’t open up to anybody not even the homies. And I feel at some point people ain’t equipped to deal with too much shit. I really don’t think women made it hard for us. I think we set it like we need to control our emotions and they followed it. But now it’s gone to the extreme where miggas feels they can’t talk to any woman about any issue cuz some girl called him soft. And I think two bad experiences ruins how open somebody will want to be.

Look I see what you saying but many time guys say they can’t open up to anybody not even the homies. And I feel at some point people ain’t equipped to deal with too much shit. I really don’t think women made it hard for us. I think we set it like we need to control our emotions and they followed it. But now it’s gone to the extreme where miggas feels they can’t talk to any woman about any issue cuz some girl called him soft. And I think two bad experiences ruins how open somebody will want to be.
Men are better off opening up to their fathers or close friends. Or keep it to yourself, opening up to women is setting yourself up for failure.

Lots of dudes cant hold water either. If your homeboy is married, i wouldnt tell them shit, lol. Bet money they gonna tell their wife.

Kinda off topic but not really but that is why I've always been 100% against the whole "can your s/o go through your phone" shit. It has nothing to do with hiding anything and 100% to do with how i value my friends privacy and whoever im with isn't entitled to know their business just to ease their own insecurities.

Men are better off opening up to their fathers or close friends. Or keep it to yourself, opening up to women is setting yourself up for failure.

Lol, like nigga get a journal.

Tell that shit to a fine ass mid-40s white therapist with the titty meat and pretty feet.

Lots of dudes cant hold water either. If your homeboy is married, i wouldnt tell them shit, lol. Bet money they gonna tell their wife.
100% of the time

I know all my wife’s friends’ dirty laundry and vice versa

Your spouse is the GOAT confidant

100% of the time

I know all my wife’s friends’ dirty laundry and vice versa

Your spouse is the GOAT confidant
As it should be. Im not even mad at it. Most people have a confidant. But confidants have one as well usually.

That's why I say this is really just not a woman thing where they can throw your secrets back at you. Once you cross someone, most likely, they are going to try to hurt you back. And they know what can hurt you. Man or woman

Last edited:
Lol I think opening up or expressing yourself to someone close is something everyone needs

But it should and does look different for everyone

I know I don't want a person who is as open and emotional as me....I experienced a man who was super open and vulnerable. And at first I loved it , but unfortunately I wasn't able to deal

But he frequently broke down crying over silly shit and was just idk unattractive.

I can deal with a sensitive metro sexual kinda guy... but this was different.

And I noticed that some men who seem to be more vulnerable and able to express themselves can't deal with me..we don't mesh... I think we mirror each other. .two overly expressive people can be explosive....the sex be great though lol.

Reminds me of that episode of American Dad where Stan overshares with Francine and she ends up hating it...And almost gets killed.

Therapy works

A good ass cry session does wonders

A good ass cry session while in therapy?? "Now you got a stew cooking"

This all I got from an overwhelming majority of y'all's posts

As always, take from that what you will

Back