Welcome To aBlackWeb

When is it okay to open up to your woman?

Therapy works

A good ass cry session does wonders

A good ass cry session while in therapy?? "Now you got a stew cooking"

This all I got from an overwhelming majority of y'all's posts

As always, take from that what you will
So…never?

I think as men, we've.. Idk

Maybe unknowingly been subscribing to trash ideas of what masculinity looks like that it's easy to default to keep a wall up and internalize emotions, insecurities, etc that when we meet a woman that will absolutely love you through your shit, we think the ball will eventually drop and she will weaponize something at a moments notice leaving us in this crazy cycle of doubt and uncertainty.

I'm tired of living like this. It just ends up in self sabotage. I'm constantly trying to work shit out in therapy.

We are not our father's and grandfather's. We don't have to continue to subscribe to the rub some dirt on it or men keep things to themselves. Man was not meant to be alone. Own your shit and get help

We don't have to suffer in silence anymore

Let's not let American society be the bar

I mean, there's truth in what he wrote tho.

There's, what... 2 maybe 3 men's shelters for victims of domestic abuse in the entire country??? There's probably 2 or 3 women's shelters in your city or county.

Mens problems in this country are genuinely not taken seriously, and at the risk of treading into that whole MRA territory: the plight of men being ignored is one of the reasons why our suicide rates dwarf women's. Nobody cares, nobody gives a shit.

There's, what... 2 maybe 3 men's shelters for victims of domestic abuse in the entire country??? There's probably 2 or 3 women's shelters in your city or county.

Mens problems in this country are genuinely not taken seriously, and at the risk of treading into that whole MRA territory: the plight of men being ignored is one of the reasons why our suicide rates dwarf women's. Nobody cares, nobody gives a shit.
How can anyone give a shit if men don't open up tho?? Can't attempt to help if we don't know a problem exists.

How can anyone give a shit if men don't open up tho?? Can't attempt to help if we don't know a problem exists.

Can't attempt to open up if there are no resources tailored specifically for men either. Y'all women got every bit of support you could possibly need, men just don't have it like that and until there are things in place specifically for us and the information that it's available is disseminated widely, we'll likely continue on the current path.

I'm not disregarding what he said

I'm saying let's establish a new norm

Can't attempt to open up if there are no resources tailored specifically for men either. Y'all women got every bit of support you could possibly need, men just don't have it like that and until there are things in place specifically for us and the information that it's available is disseminated widely, we'll likely continue on the current path.
This kinda a bad faith argument brother

And a super false equivalent

Lol, that's what I've been saying in this entire thread.

Why would any sane person, open up to a society that fundamentally do not care about them at all, even to their partners that also believe the exact same shit, implicitly or explicitly?

Why?

Lol, like, men not opening up isn't the problem, the problem is nobody cares about men outside of what we can do for romantic partners, family and nation. We are an ATM, a dildo, a soldier, or a worker.

We are valued for what we do, not for what we are. There's no intrinsic value to a man. We know that. We are merely tools, a means to an end.

So yeah, until that changes, we gonna keep our shit to ourselves because nobody understands what it is like besides other men that understands this dynamic of manhood.

Women don't understand this dynamic because their own thinking about what a "good man" is, perpetuates it.

They just now got to the stage of "Wow, I didn't know men have feelings - they might wanna talk about it." Which is like the first stage of recognizing intrinsic value in someone. But then they use it against men, "Oh, the sensitive, vulnerable men are good, the men that refuse to talk about their pain have 'toxic masculinity'."

The overall perception of what manhood is still on Step 0.

Last edited:
Lol, that's what I've been saying in this entire thread.

Why would any sane person, open up to a society that fundamentally do not care about them at all, even to their partners that also believe the exact same shit, implicitly or explicitly?

Why?

Lol, like, men not opening up isn't the problem, the problem is nobody cares about men outside of what we can do for romantic partners, family and nation.

We are valued for what we do, not for what we are. There's no intrinsic value to a man. We know that. We are merely tools to most people we come across.

So yeah, until that changes, we gonna keep our shit to ourselves because nobody understands what it is like besides other men.
The discussion is centered around opening up to your mate, not society

Back