Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are you watching? The Official TV Show Thread

Yea, as long as the show is still active and has a new season dropping or out now, then it counts.

Animal Kingdom is a great show. It's about some California rednecks that rob banks and other places with money. It's centers around 4 "brother's" their nephew and their "mom/grandma". The mom character adopted them and she also fucked them when they where younger SMH lol.

It's weird white people shit but the show is good

unfortunately, it doesnt hold up as the season goes on imo...

Got up to speed on Snowfall, it was cool. I just wasn't feeling the the the white boy storyline, that shit was boring as hell.

@Hitch, you ever see "the night of"?

Only 8 episodes iirc. Maybe 10. An hr a piece

Smh nah man. watched the first ep and skipped to the last cuz i knew how it was gon end based on how hard they were trying to paint it in the first ep. They made all the black dudes seem like the boogey man. They made the main character seem like he never sinned in his life before that night, but all of a sudden he does coke, pills, drinks, picks up random chicks, etc. Gtfoh, he killed that bitch. He had a bad reaction to all those mixed drugs and alcohol and killed her.

Smh nah man. watched the first ep and skipped to the last cuz i knew how it was gon end based on how hard they were trying to paint it in the first ep. They made all the black dudes seem like the boogey man. They made the main character seem like he never sinned in his life before that night, but all of a sudden he does coke, pills, drinks, picks up random chicks, etc. Gtfoh, he killed that bitch. He had a bad reaction to all those mixed drugs and alcohol and killed her.

uhhh...wait...what did you do now?

you watched the first episode then skipped to the last one?

and you think the dude that was accused did it?

you are all over the place

I know for a fact he did it lol The main character couldn't even say he didn't do it. He got off cause it was hung jury and the prosecutor was lazy af, bet if the nigga was black he wouldve got capital pun. Shit, they were caught bringing the nigga drugs and still nothing lol

Please tell me who did it, since ur acting as if he didnt do it.

I know for a fact he did it lol The main character couldn't even say he didn't do it. He got off cause it was hung jury and the prosecutor was lazy af, bet if the nigga was black he wouldve got capital pun. Shit, they were caught bringing the nigga drugs and still nothing lol

Please tell me who did it, since ur acting as if he didnt do it.

fam....the chick's ex boyfriend did it lol

the detective that was on the case figured it out i believe in either the finale or the episode before the finale. I honestly cant remember, but the dude came in, saw they were passed out, killed her and left ol boy there. He snuck out the back door. There was a scene in the middle of the season when they were at her apt and realized that her cat was missing. IIRC, the cat showed back up and they realized that someone came in through that door. If you remember, when her and Az (i think thats his name) first show up at her apt, she lets the cat out of that door.

The ex bf was her mothers accountant or financial adviser or some shit...and i cant remember the exact reason he killed her. I think he was supposed to inherit some money in the event she died b/c of how her mother wrote it in her will or something, but the dude was stalking her. They even showed when she was walking down the street and had the feeling someone was following her, it was later revealed it was him

dog, you missed a BUNCH of shit. The show touched on how the law fucks minorities in the judicial system. The prosecutor didnt challenge it towards the ending b/c the detective came to her with the evidence that ol boy was in fact innocent.

fam....the chick's ex boyfriend did it lol

the detective that was on the case figured it out i believe in either the finale or the episode before the finale. I honestly cant remember, but the dude came in, saw they were passed out, killed her and left ol boy there. He snuck out the back door. There was a scene in the middle of the season when they were at her apt and realized that her cat was missing. IIRC, the cat showed back up and they realized that someone came in through that door. If you remember, when her and Az (i think thats his name) first show up at her apt, she lets the cat out of that door.

The ex bf was her mothers accountant or financial adviser or some shit...and i cant remember the exact reason he killed her. I think he was supposed to inherit some money in the event she died b/c of how her mother wrote it in her will or something, but the dude was stalking her. They even showed when she was walking down the street and had the feeling someone was following her, it was later revealed it was him

dog, you missed a BUNCH of shit. The show touched on how the law fucks minorities in the judicial system. The prosecutor didnt challenge it towards the ending b/c the detective came to her with the evidence that ol boy was in fact innocent.

giphy.gif

Do you honestly think that's enough to say the ex bf did it? lol Compare the evidence for the ex and naz, it's not even close. The cat? On a murder scene like that, u don't think there were tons of cops, forensic people, etc searching around the whole house and in the backyard who opened the door to get there? lol Cmon fam, you're smarter than this. I knew what time it was from the jump on how hard the director/writer tried to paint Naz as some pure innocent kid who never did anything bad in his life until the night of the murder and ALLLLLLLL the things he did leading up to that point was so out of character. Nah man.

giphy.gif

i hate when you do this

brah, i just summed up what happened in the episodes that you skipped in a paragraph. lol

better yet...read this...this is what you missed by skipping episodes.

At the 11th hour, the evidence points in a completely different direction — Detective Box leaves his own retirement party early to review CCTV footage of the moments before Andrea got in Naz's cab. He notices her looking over her shoulder in fear, and it sends him down a rabbit hole of surveillance tapes, financial documents, and phone records. In a twist that few saw coming, it now appears that Andrea was murdered by Ray Halle, her financial advisor / boyfriend.

There's a mountain of evidence against Halle — he'd recently stolen $300,000 from Andrea's account to pay off gambling debts, has a history of violence with prostitutes, and was caught on surveillance tape fighting with Andrea on the night of her murder. More CCTV footage placed him near the crime scene at all the right times. Ray has motive, access, and a history of violence. Plus, he nearly confessed to the now-retired Box. But when it comes down to it, the evidence against him is purely circumstantial.

When Box brings his findings to the beleaguered D.A. Helen Weiss, all she has to say is, “We’ve got more on the kid." And in one concise sentence, she sums up the flaws of the justice system that have been a theme throughout the series. The truth doesn't matter as much as securing a conviction. Weiss is preparing for closing arguments, and she can't be bothered to look at new evidence that doesn't fit the narrative she's carefully constructed

Weiss seems to agree that Halle is the real killer — she struggles to push through closing arguments, knowing that she may be about to send an innocent man to prison for life. When the jury deadlocks, she declines to retry Naz, and she and Box then join forces in an effort to bring Halle to justice.

Yes, Ray Halle is probably the killer. But in the end, The Night Ofwasn't about straightforward "guilt" or "innocence" in Andrea's death at all. When Naz entered Rikers, he appeared to be a frightened kid, wrongfully accused of murder and struggling to survive. By the time he leaves, he's been an accessory to murder, and we've learned through trial testimony that he exhibited violent tendencies when he was bullied in grade school. Did he become violent as a way to survive at Rikers, or was that side of him always there, waiting to be triggered?

Even if he didn't kill Andrea, Naz is no longer an innocent man, and his life has been forever changed by the criminal justice system. His last scene on the beach is a direct throwback to the evening he spent there with Andrea, thinking it was his lucky night. This time, he sits alone, doing the heroin he's now addicted to with a haunted look in his eyes. As he admitted on the witness stand, even Naz no longer believes he's innocent.

I saw the video of the ex in the final ep lol But like it says in that paragraph that's all speculation, just like it was for the other black boogey men they tried to accuse, the stepfather etc. I'm not buying that shit. The D.A was either extremely lazy or too fuckin old for that shit. If THAT was all she needed to stop. She didn't question anybody on the stand but Naz and then just let him walk. Naz killed that chick.

Back