Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News We can't catch a break: 16-year-old Makiyah Bryant shot and killed by a police officer in Columbus, Ohio. *Trigger Warning Body Cam Footage*

More details are being released about the moments leading up to police fatally shooting 16-year-old Ma'Khia Bryant in Columbus, Ohio this week.

Ma'Khia's foster mother, Angela Moore, revealed to CNN that two of her former foster daughters came to her house earlier in the day to celebrate her birthday. Moore wasn't home when the two women arrived, but she says that they began bickering with Ma'Khia about cleaning up the home.

Moore explained, "It was over keeping the house clean. The older one told them to clean up the house because 'Mom doesn't like the house dirty. So that's how it all started." Moore added that the former foster children and Ma'Khia argued frequently, but she never expected the situation to escalate the way it did.

Moore stated that she received a phone call from one of her former foster children telling her to hurry home because things were getting out of hand. Moore then said she was told over the phone that Ma'Khia was shot, and she then began receiving texts from people saying they were sorry for her loss. Moore stated, "I never in my worst nightmare would have thought it would ever come to this."

lol It doesn't have to be stated blatantly, but those are strong accusations that are being thrown around, so there has to be some proof somewhere that people care less about this victim because its a woman. You mentioned other sites, so I'm assuming that you've seen comments on those sites that support what that chick said.

I’ve seen plenty people rationalizing what happened to her they don’t explicitly say they feel that way because it’s a black girl. But they did not have that same energy in other cases with make victims. Do I have to posts the comments saying “well what did they expect to happen she had a knife?” Completely ignoring the reason she had the knife.

So so far the foster mother said the other former kids are adults now and was over there and everybody started fussing and she grabbed a knife. So they came to jump her is false

Did she even call the police or somebody else? @AP2.0

So so far the foster mother said the other former kids are adults now and was over there and everybody started fussing and she grabbed a knife. So they came to jump her is false

nah that shit kinda lines up w/ what my folks were saying

basically the former ones be coming thru to get the new ones in line

they made it seem like the mama is down with it and calls them over there tho

I’ve seen plenty people rationalizing what happened to her they don’t explicitly say they feel that way because it’s a black girl. But they did not have that same energy in other cases with make victims. Do I have to posts the comments saying “well what did they expect to happen she had a knife?” Completely ignoring the reason she had the knife.

Why is it so hard for some of y'all to understand that every case is different. Her having a knife makes this different than George Floyd or Daubte Wright. Those guys were unarmed and in police custody. This chick had a knife and was actively trying to stab someone. With those facts in place, why would you assume that her sex is why people are looking at this case differently?

And almost everyone in this topic has acknowledged that she is the victim. I don't know about other sites, but I don't think anyone here has blamed her for what happened. Most of the blame has been put on the people jumping her and the adults allowing it to happen.

Why is it so hard for some of y'all to understand that every case is different. Her having a knife makes this different than George Floyd or Daubte Wright. Those guys were unarmed and in police custody. This chick had a knife and was actively trying to stab someone. With those facts in place, why would you assume that her sex is why people are looking at this case differently?

And almost everyone in this topic has acknowledged that she is the victim. I don't know about other sites, but I don't think anyone here has blamed her for what happened. Most of the blame has been put on the people jumping her and the adults allowing it to happen.

And where is the blame for the actual cop. I said like 6 pages ago and others have said it in this topic. It’s like the cop is given leeway here and understanding. He had options but y’all acting like we asked him to be superhuman. Expecting him to do his job when other fail is too much or something? Is that not what cops are for. Like he was just helpless and forced to shoot.

So you can’t see how an argument can turn into somebody getting jumped. She called the police saying aldulta were putting hands on her. They don’t say if she grabbed a knife first or not. Trying real hard aren’t you

I'm still trying to figure out who called the police. I honestly do not know

So you can’t see how an argument can turn into somebody getting jumped. She called the police saying aldulta were putting hands on her. They don’t say if she grabbed a knife first or not. Trying real hard aren’t you
I just wanna see something

If you were fighting a nigga that fit the exact generic description as you only he had a weapon at the time of someone calling the police.

During your fight as the police roll up, you manage to get the knife away from him and all they know is a ball headed dude with glasses had a knife and they buss at you not knowing you were defending yourself. How you expect the police to know that just by arriving to the scene in a bunch of commotion?

Do y'all each get a timeout a piece for situations like this?

I just wanna see something

If you were fighting a nigga that fit the exact generic description as you only he had a weapon at the time of someone calling the police.

During your fight as the police roll up, you manage to get the knife away from him and all they know is a ball headed dude with glasses had a knife and they buss at you not knowing you were defending yourself. How you expect the police to know that just by arriving to the scene in a bunch of commotion?

Do y'all each get a timeout a piece for situations like this?

If I got shot I’m probably not going to be thinking about that bruh. Since we bringing up random hypotheticals would this shooting have happened if they were white in the same exact situation?

And where is the blame for the actual cop. I said like 6 pages ago and others have said it in this topic. It’s like the cop is given leeway here and understanding. He had options but y’all acting like we asked him to be superhuman. Expecting him to do his job when other fail is too much or something? Is that not what cops are for. Like he was just helpless and forced to shoot.

You're acting like the other options haven't been discussed. We've done that. He couldn't have aimed for the leg because that's stupid. He couldn't fire a shot in the air because that's dangerous and not allowed. He could have used his taser but that's not as reliable as some believe and might not have stopped her from attacking the other chick. It looks like he had a chance to maybe grab her and subdue her but that wasn't guaranteed either.

He had options but none of them would have guaranteed that no one would have been killed like you're claiming. Anyway, I'm not even saying what dude did was the best thing. I don't have that expertise. All I'm saying is that given the circumstances he probably didn't break the rules. So, if you think he was wrong, then the fault probably lies more with the system that trained him to be trigger happy

You're acting like the other options haven't been discussed. We've done that. He couldn't have aimed for the leg because that's stupid. He couldn't fire a shot in the air because that's dangerous and not allowed. He could have used his taser but that's not as reliable as some believe and might not have stopped her from attacking the other chick. It looks like he had a chance to maybe grab her and subdue her but that wasn't guaranteed either.

He had options but none of them would have guaranteed that no one would have been killed like you're claiming. Anyway, I'm not even saying what dude did was the best thing. I don't have that expertise. All I'm saying is that given the circumstances he probably didn't break the rules. So, if you think he was wrong, then the fault probably lies more with the system that trained him to be trigger happy

Ok bro

Back