Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News We can't catch a break: 16-year-old Makiyah Bryant shot and killed by a police officer in Columbus, Ohio. *Trigger Warning Body Cam Footage*

People have never shot someone, or a gun, and don’t understand stopping power, ballistics.

Police see Black and its terminate with extreme force, no in between.

If our police are so untrained and scared, then we need to defund them and reallocate funds from them having tanks, grenade launchers and military equipment to de-escalation training, fucking humility training.... no such thing but damn
Or maybe handle our shit like adults and elders of our communities so we can rely on them less.

I agree with most of what you said in this post, but I find the first sentence strange. What do you think the cop should have done?
Tased the girl, if he felt the taser would not be suffice, rubber bullet, ok, no time to load rubber bullets, she’s not a threat to the officer, just need to disarm the threat or slow the threat, 1 shot to the leg or shoulder, then move in to disarm.

What was that young lady objective when swinging that knife?

To do exactly what?

What are y’all thoughts on that?
As of this post, this thread is 31 pages. You not changing anybody mind brah

Too much law and order SVU watching and people think this a Tom Clancy novel turned into a movie.

There's a bunch of crying about a red ball that your cousin has then when you get the exact same red ball, you're mad that it's not the red ball your cousin has.

Tased the girl, if he felt the taser would not be suffice, rubber bullet, ok, no time to load rubber bullets, she’s not a threat to the officer, just need to disarm the threat or slow the threat, 1 shot to the leg or shoulder, then move in to disarm.

She was a major threat to woman in pink. Life threatening.

I wish he would have did something else

Did you not see the video? The assailant is actively attempting to stab someone in the melee range of her. Is told multiple times to stop what she's doing and then goes in to stab before she is shot down by the officer.

What was that young lady objective when swinging that knife?

To do exactly what?

What are y’all thoughts on that?

I'm still unclear on that myself honestly.. was she trying to protect herself from attackers with the knife or is that still unclear? Among all the arguing back and forth I may have missed some additional information that came to light

She was a major threat to woman in pink. Life threatening.

I wish he would have did something else

So were the bullets fired in very close proximity to the lady in pink...

I get it though... you gotta make quick decisions in the heat of the moment but wtf is the point of having non-lethal options if you're gonna go to the lethal option 99.9% of the time

Or maybe handle our shit like adults and elders of our communities so we can rely on them less.
You never been in a situation where shit spiraled out of control even though you are trying to let cooler heads prevail, and a passer by is scared and calls
The police? You cannot control certain shit.

All that I am asking is that when we do have to encounter the police, we get a fair shake , get to live to see a court date, not be executed and judged on-site

You never been in a situation where shit spiraled out of control even though you are trying to let cooler heads prevail, and a passer by is scared and calls

All that I am asking is that when we do have to encounter the police, we get a fair shake , get to live to see a court date, not be executed and judged on-site
She's literally sitting there stabbing someone. If you stabbing people lethal force is proportional.

Serious question

Well on second thought, semi serious

Have any of y'all gone hunting and waited for the animal to run, and tried to shoot at the ankle/hoof area so you can practice shooting at moving targets or do y'all drop bait (depending on the hunt), wait for it to let it's guard down while being as still as possible and then wait to pull the trigger?

I agree.
Nothing you said was wrong.

Agreed

This shows police tasering a suicidal man and a person mouthing off without a weapon. That's a massive difference from someone actively in melee range attempting to harm another human being, which was shown in the video I posted and is similar to the situation at hand.

We can both find videos to prove our narratives, but that’s not what I’m trying to do here

Back