Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News We can't catch a break: 16-year-old Makiyah Bryant shot and killed by a police officer in Columbus, Ohio. *Trigger Warning Body Cam Footage*

You gotta stop that mindstate you say this often that black credibility get ruined. Like if a dope boy got killed by a cop in an illegal way and we protest it that should be just as valid if a cop killed a non felon. And why y’all keep saying the girl in the pink innocent like she wasn’t there to jump her.
The credibility I’m referencing is not related to the background of the victim. It’s related to the scenario. This isn’t a case of a cop killing an unarmed black man unjustly. Given the circumstances, this is not an unjust killing.

The bolded is the entire issue I have and have been arguing. Credibility. We shouldn’t need credibility to receive justice/dignity/fair treatment. The fact that we are willing to argue to keep Credibility is what bothers me the most.
Not reputation credibility, situational credibility. It’s the cry wolf scenario. People stop taking you seriously when you claim unjust racism in every case where a black person was killed by a cop. Some situations, such as this, is not an unjust killing by cop. Tragic yes, but to me he saved that other girl from a “potential” homicide.

But to your larger point, yes, we should be able to get justice where warranted regardless of how much we cry wolf. I’m a realist though and want to get the best outcome for our people and being objective and calling things as they are is the best way to do that.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to make a spin that it's an unjust killing. But people that haven't watched the video act like she wasn't attempting to stab someone while told multiple times to stop.
The credibility I’m referencing is not related to the background of the victim. It’s related to the scenario. This isn’t a case of a cop killing an unarmed black man unjustly. Given the circumstances, this is not an unjust killing.

Tased the girl, if he felt the taser would not be suffice, rubber bullet, ok, no time to load rubber bullets, she’s not a threat to the officer, just need to disarm the threat or slow the threat, 1 shot to the leg or shoulder, then move in to disarm.
I will say shooting at the leg is hard, smaller target so harder to hit and a miss can result in a ricochet. I do think he may have been able to run up on her before she "possibly" attacked and subdue her

I will say shooting at the leg is hard, smaller target so harder to hit and a miss can result in a ricochet. I do think he may have been able to run up on her before she "possibly" attacked and subdue her

Possibly? lol Some of ya'll are being real disingenuous. Look at the second picture in the quote, do you really believe that her attacking was just possible? It looks like he caught her right in the process of attacking. We can agree or disagree on what should have been done, but we should all at least be honest about what we actually see.

When he took the shot, it wasn't as reckless as y'all think, she was to the left of the girl in the pink and a good size target

View attachment 514022

Question for the thread:

So what does justice look like for yall?

Possibly? lol Some of ya'll are being real disingenuous. Look at the second picture in the quote, do you really believe that her attacking was just possible? It looks like he caught her right in the process of attacking. We can agree or disagree on what should have been done, but we should all at least be honest about what we actually see.
I'm saying possibly, I don't know what the situation really is until we get more info, all individuals are innocent until proven guilty, and the word for those individual's actions is alleged.

And before she got to the pink individual she tripped and stumbled in that direction.

Serious question

Well on second thought, semi serious

Have any of y'all gone hunting and waited for the animal to run, and tried to shoot at the ankle/hoof area so you can practice shooting at moving targets or do y'all drop bait (depending on the hunt), wait for it to let it's guard down while being as still as possible and then wait to pull the trigger?
Hunting is wack and cowardly white supremacist activity. Stop doing it

Back