Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News We can't catch a break: 16-year-old Makiyah Bryant shot and killed by a police officer in Columbus, Ohio. *Trigger Warning Body Cam Footage*

The police had no idea who was the property for.

He pulled up and she was fighting one girl and the girl in pink was standing away from them holding a dog.

Is anyone really saying the girl with the knife was in the wrong? People came to fight her. She obviously didn't want that confrontation because she called the cops. I'm betting she was out there because someone forced her hand, either adults that were standing around watching or the gang of girls outside. If she felt her safety was in danger, she had the right to defend herself. She's the victim here, period.

As for the cop, based on the video, he had the choice of shooting someone about to attack someone else with a knife or risking letting the other person getting stabbed. He made his choice.

who said i would accept it?

i would hate that my child be in either situation.

now back to you,

if God forbid your daughter was about to be poked, and a cop shoots the girl who was about to stab her....is your first reaction to be thankful your child isnt hurt or tell the cop what he should did?

so again i say, them adults are responsible for this. john law shouldnt be n option
This is where I am with this. If the cop had let the girl in pink get stabbed, would that have been better? For all he knew she could have been the one who called the cops for help.

When the girl in the pink testimony come out its going to dictate a lot, whether she was about to be a victim or she reacted defensively due to seeing the knife as the girl was knocked toward her off balance but was in no danger of being attacked

When the girl in the pink testimony come out its going to dictate a lot, whether she was about to be a victim or she reacted defensively due to seeing the knife as the girl was knocked toward her off balance but was in no danger of being attacked

She had a dog in her hand and wasn’t near the other two

That still has nothing to do with the cops actions.

He had other choices. Just like the other cops on the scene did.

You notice none of the other cops fired any shots and they were right there.

At the end of the day none of this would have happened if those girls were at home doing homework or shit

Or if the fucking adults standing around would have been more proactive instead of kiki'n n shit.

I count at least 3 grown ass men.

I see two issues, a community that failed to protect their own and a city sending in a scared ass white boy to do the job of willing and able black men.

He had other choices

Like what?

People have been suggesting that he aim for the leg or shoot in the air, both of which were not options.

The only other suggestion I heard was him using a taser. I don't know enough about tasers to say whether he could have hit her from that range and put her down before she managed to attack. That might have been an option, but I'm betting police protocol is to use deadly force when you believe another person's life is in danger.

Niggas need to take a step back and reassess how fragile and precious life is.

A teenager lost her life and niggas debating if she should still be here or not. I can't get with that line of thinking.

No one's debating whether she should be here or not. We all believe she should be alive right now.

"They didn't know who was who"

I'm pretty sure that would mean they should have to gather more information before diving head first. Dispatch should be be trained to ask questions like, "what are you wearing" "what do they look like" and relaying that information to officers arriving at the scene.

Especially when you know someone could potentially lose their life. This is 100% about accountability.

I'm pretty sure that would mean they should have to gather more information before diving head first. Dispatch should be be trained to ask questions like, "what are you wearing" "what do they look like" and relaying that information to officers arriving at the scene.

Especially when you know someone could potentially lose their life. This is 100% about accountability.

Lmao. She was trying to stab someone.

so waiting after the girl is stabbed up to determine who is who?

We all agree we wished he did something different just like we wished she wasn’t trying to stab another girl.

Like what?

People have been suggesting that he aim for the leg or shoot in the air, both of which were not options.

The only other suggestion I heard was him using a taser. I don't know enough about tasers to say whether he could have hit her from that range and put her down before she managed to attack. That might have been an option, but I'm betting police protocol is to use deadly force when you believe another person's life is in danger.

No one's debating whether she should be here or not. We all believe she should be alive right now.

Pepper spray would have slumped the girl with the knife.

That's a good point. I'd like to hear the call from dispatch to the cops honest. Remember with Tamir Rice, part of the problem was that the dispatcher told the cops that it was an active shooter situation when the 911 caller only said that a kid was waving around a gun that might have been a toy.

Pepper spray would have slumped the girl with the knife.

Did you watch the video? How was he going to pepper spray her from ten feet away and behind her?

She had a dog in her hand and wasn’t near the other two
She's a witness and I'm trying to say the Makiyah was tussling with the others, they all got bounced apart, Makiyah was bounced in the direction of the girl in the pink. So was she attacking pink or was she just got knocked off balanced in pink's direction

Last edited:
Back