Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Viacom severs ties with Nick Cannon amid alleged "antisemitic" statements

to be educated on it dont necessarily mean he will change his views and take thier “education” as fact. And that education can be a two way street.

We were “educated” on a lot of history about our people that is manipulated or outright false

True, but if he was willing to apologize for only hearing one side and give someone else the opportunity to make their case and they wouldn't even take his call, that's fucked up on them. That's why this whole era is trash. He basically handled the situations the "right" way, and they're still kicking him for it.

to be educated on it dont necessarily mean he will change his views and take thier “education” as fact. And that education can be a two way street.

We were “educated” on a lot of history about our people that is manipulated or outright false

That's true. I never said he would do a 180...I just said that he's open to hearing somebody speak from a different POV and possibly being persuaded to think otherwise. If you read his statement he makes that pretty clear.

David Banner said something very similar a few years ago on Breakfast Club with no backlash I assume bc he didn't specify jewish tho he did call black people "God's chosen people" as Jews do

What's the difference?

The platform? His (assumed) independence from the industry? Or that he's not tied to anyone that can fire him?

36:50-38:00

David Banner said something very similar a few years ago on Breakfast Club with no backlash I assume bc he didn't specify jewish tho he did call black people "God's chosen people" as Jews do

What's the difference?

The platform? His (assumed) independence from the industry? Or that he's not tied to anyone that can fire him?

36:50-38:00

White people haven't embraced Banner the way they did Nick. White people will let you in their house, but if you don't fall in line they will kick you out. However, they can't kick you out if you never entered.

So in your opinion it's messenger vs message

They don't like the message regardless of whose delivering it, but they can't really punish Banner because he's not beholden to them in the same way. They can take Nick's shows away from him. What are they going to do to Banner? His music is mostly aimed at Blacks and he's not really eating at the white man's table too much.

True, but if he was willing to apologize for only hearing one side and give someone else the opportunity to make their case and they wouldn't even take his call, that's fucked up on them. That's why this whole era is trash. He basically handled the situations the "right" way, and they're still kicking him for it.
Only cause he dealing with them devils

they are unforgiving especially to outsiders

We as blacks are forgiving to a fault. If this was the reverse the perp would be given that ear and that chance to reconcile

Reactions: GNS
Some of yall wont admit Nick shouldnt of said some of the shit he said on that podcast, especially since he still works for people. And yall claiming Viacom is overacting, yet at the same time yall overacting to what 50 said.
This outrage culture needs to get under control.

I mean he shouldn’t have said it if he was trying to keep his job. But offending Jews is lol it was light

We as blacks are forgiving to a fault. If this was the reverse the perp would be given that ear and that chance to reconcile

Yeah you right. I always catch heat for it, but I like that we are the way we are. It does hurt us though. It's tough being righteous.

The bolded is maddening to me.

Reactions: GNS
so are jewish ppl not white?

lmaooo seriously asking

whiteness is a political definer more than anything.

im confusing my damn self right now

Its fair he got fired...

There are 3 main arguments against jews:

1. They've contributed to the injustice and oppression of blacks throughout the history of the country. Thats undoubtedly true and shouldnt even be controversial at this point.

2. The whole zionism/palestine debate. Its somewhat tricky but definitely fair.

3. The whole stereotype of jews being inherently manipulative and all the things associated with that. Thats unfair and obviously controversial considering it led to the death of millions of jews.

Nick Cannon chose the wrong argument and then tried to justify it using some junk history. He pretty much got what he asked for.

Back