Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Viacom severs ties with Nick Cannon amid alleged "antisemitic" statements

I hope it he wins his case but them mfers don't play fair.

With all the business dealings Nick has had his hand in over the years I just knew that Wildin would've been his, I'm shocked it's not.
They had to have done some technicality to steal it. Like say the deal was for the show on MTV, but its shown on VH1 now, so its a VH1 show so hes only entitled to a small percentage of the pay since its a new network.
People in corporate business will straight up steal from you then say you're "difficult to work with" if you stand up to them.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS

good for him

keeping him on would have been a revolutionary act. instead they terminated him, proving they dont give a hot damn about Black lives. what nick said may have been off base but when you think about it in historical contexts, his animosity is warranted.

“savages” “brutality” and animilaistic behavior is what white ppl have displayed for centuries. we now have the ability to speak on it and call it out.

to hell with their tears.

I never heard him say anything negative about JEWS in specific. All he stated was that the black man was the true HEBREW.

when he talks about melanin deficient people (whites) is when he talks about them being evil, savages and devoid of compassion...

like they say....HIT DOGS HOLLER....if he talking about white folks and you dont consider yourself white but JEWISH then why you mad?

I dont see shit wrong with what Nick said and Im even happier that he aint bend the knee...

I have no sympathy for these white people and their fucking tears about this. NONE

This is definitely a hill im willing to die on

Bruh, I don't think he should have been fired. I gave him props for standing by his guns. I don't care about how the Jews feel, but this is part of what Nick said:

In the interview, after Griffin said semetic people and languages “have absolutely nothing to do with any white people,” Cannon said that “The semitic people are black people,” with both saying that the label of antisemitic is a tool to silence criticism, according to Jewish Insider.

The actor and TV host also said that “it’s never hate speech, you can’t be antisemitic when we are the semitic people. When we are the same people who they want to be. That’s our birthright,” adding that “we are the true Hebrews.”

Their conversation essentially concludes that white Jews aren't real semites and are just trying to steal from blacks. On top of most likely being wrong to some extent, that is a clear slap to white Jews. If you agree with him fine, but ya'll really acting like white Jews are completely out of line to be offended by that?

Bruh, I don't think he should have been fired. I gave him props for standing by his guns. I don't care about how the Jews feel, but this is part of what Nick said:

He's basically saying that white Jews aren't real semites and are just trying to steal from blacks. On top of most likely being wrong to some extent, that is a clear slap to white Jews. If you agree with him fine, but ya'll really acting like white Jews are completely out of line to be offended by that?

The bigger question is why is it only labeled as antisemitism when it only seems to slight the white jews?

The bigger question is why is it only labeled as antisemitism when it only seems to slight the white jews?

It would have been an absolutely fair criticism to point out that white Jews only want to acknowledge other white Jews and thus exhibit racism within their own culture. We all know that's true, and @5th Letter 's early post is just one example of that. But that's not what Nick was saying.

Im sure it sucks yesterday and today, but I can see this possibly turning out beneficial for Nick.

Bring Wild N Out to a streaming platform, or at least a show thats damn near the same thing since somebody else probably owns wild n out.

He still hosts those other competition shows but who knows if he will be fired from those too. If hes not fired from them I imagined he makes more than enough for hosting them.

It means prejudice against Jews no?
Im just not seeing the antisemitism in nick saying “The semitic people are black people” and “it’s never hate speech, you can’t be antisemitic when we are the semitic people. When we are the same people who they want to be. That’s our birthright, we are the true Hebrews.”

he didnt get fired for calling melanin deficient people evil and savage

he got fired for saying that black folks are the real hebrews and the white ones are not.

he never specifically said that jews are evil bruh

whats really going on is that these jews consider themselves white so when he started talking about white folk they got big mad and used that antisemite label to ostracize Nick, fire him and take his shit...

Nick called out anti black racism and name dropped different white folks and he happened to name Jews.

At the end of the day, white people thought Nick was a safe nigga. That's why they've so freely given him stuff. More and more they are starting to see that he has opinions that aren't in line with what they want to promote, and they are trying to slap his hand in response. This isn't the first time. He always stands tall when they do it though, so you've got to respect him.

They have Asian companies that do dna test if you dont trust the white man

I hear you I just remember they were saying ancestry was doing tests but they based dna off of current regions in Africa which may not be as accurate due to migrations. But that was a few years ago tho

At the end of the day, white people thought Nick was a safe nigga. That's why they've so freely given him stuff. More and more they are starting to see that he has opinions that aren't in line with what they want to promote, and they are trying to slap his hand in response. This isn't the first time. He always stands tall when they do it though, so you've got to respect him.
they thought he was Wayne Brady

turns out he more like Chappelle

He got the same treatment that anyone else would've got if they said the same about someone of color. I don't feel bad for bruh losing his job but I'm not saying he's wrong in what he said
Literally this, especially given the current climate

I respect that he didn’t back down. Smh at this only trending because of some random UK black guy.

Im just not seeing the antisemitism in nick saying “The semitic people are black people” and “it’s never hate speech, you can’t be antisemitic when we are the semitic people. When we are the same people who they want to be. That’s our birthright, we are the true Hebrews.”

he didnt get fired for calling melanin deficient people evil and savage

he got fired for saying that black folks are the real hebrews and the white ones are not.

he never specifically said that jews are evil bruh

whats really going on is that these jews consider themselves white so when he started talking about white folk they got big mad and used that antisemite label to ostracize Nick, fire him and take his shit...

He did say the bolded tho...

I don't disagree with him but it is what it is.
Can't say what he said and expect to be fed by that same hand.

According to the statement Nick released today he did offer to apologize but the head of Viacom wouldn't take his call. He's not as grounded in what he said as people are making it out to be. Reading his statement it seems like he just read/heard some shit and didn't really do the proper research before going on a platform and speaking. He basically admits he was most likely wrong in his statement and opened it up for anyone from the Jewish community to come on his show and speak in response to in his own words "educate" him so he knows more. He's not really as deeply ground into as both his supporters and detractors think he is on this. Which should serve as a lesson to not speak about shit you're not really sure you have all the information on especially on a widely shared public platform because you end up having some shit pinned to your name you may not ultimately want.

According to the statement Nick released today he did offer to apologize but the head of Viacom wouldn't take his call. He's not as grounded in what he said as people are making it out to be. Reading his statement it seems like he just read/heard some shit and didn't really do the proper research before going on a platform and speaking. He basically admits he was most likely wrong in his statement and opened it up for anyone from the Jewish community to come on his show and speak in response to in his own words "educate" him so he knows more. He's not really as deeply ground into as both his supporters and detractors think he is on this. Which should serve as a lesson to not speak about shit you're not really sure you have all the information on especially on a widely shared public platform because you end up having some shit pinned to your name you may not ultimately want.
to be educated on it dont necessarily mean he will change his views and take thier “education” as fact. And that education can be a two way street.

We were “educated” on a lot of history about our people that is manipulated or outright false

Reactions: GNS
Back