Welcome To aBlackWeb

You killed the joke Gabi.

Smdh
AND IMA KEEP KILLIN IT

tenor.gif

What did yall feel the movie was about overall? Your answer is really just how your mind works so I'm curious...
Couple of themes ..

But I do think peele writes from a "what if" perspective.... And works the themes later...

One theme is about embracing your true nature. Saw that with the dancing with red. Even at the end she was out stepping addy because she was the true dancer. The daughter with the track. The son with the fire. And the father as a protector.

Also the hiding shit and it coming to light. That was much more heavily implied especially with the scripture.

But one of the funny things I came in here to talk about.

I picked up on the twist mad early because of the relationship between the husband and wife.

Any good husband would be well versed in his wife's previous ptsd and all her triggers . And he seemed oblivious to some of it. And I was like " cuz she never told him everything"

And the only way a wife never tells her husband everything about something that intimate is if she's hiding something. And once that was clear, everything else kinda fell in place.

This movie was great... it was flawed, but I really liked the last quarter of it... The descent... the dancing... the imagery of how the tethers work was bizarre and haunting... great cinematography and acting... and then the final shot with the joyous music playing... a lot of great imagery...

Also, the twist had so many ramifications for the main character...

The acting and the direction were more impressive than the plot and twist.

I still feel the plot and twist falls flat if the actors didn't do such a great job at seeling it.

The acting and the direction were more impressive than the plot and twist.

I still feel the plot and twist falls flat if the actors didn't do such a great job at seeling it.

After the scene in the house of mirrors at the beginning of the movie, I called the twist, then instantly dismissed it because I thought it was too obvious...

When it proved to actually be the twist, I thought it was a tacked-on ending that ruined an already mediocre and straightforward film...

But on a second viewing, Adelaide's actions made more sense... everything led up to the final reveal and the twist changed how I viewed the character... in the end, the twist raised the film from mediocre to outstanding for me, personally...

After the scene in the house of mirrors at the beginning of the movie, I called the twist, then instantly dismissed it because I thought it was too obvious...

When it proved to actually be the twist, I thought it was a tacked-on ending that ruined an already mediocre and straightforward film...

But on a second viewing, Adelaide's actions made more sense... everything led up to the final reveal and the twist changed how I viewed the character... in the end, the twist raised the film from mediocre to outstanding for me, personally...
I actually didnt call the twist til the very end. I was a ball of nerves watching it so I couldn't even think. Had I been relaxed I think i woulda caught it.

Since watching this fucking movie.....I keep wondering if I'mma see me coming into my house.
The creeks in the house sound a bit different now.
All night I'm waiting for smoke....

This movie and jet lag will fuck with you.

Back