Welcome To aBlackWeb

What did yall feel the movie was about overall? Your answer is really just how your mind works so I'm curious...

let me be serious for a sec

movie aside, I guess what I am trying to see is if all ya'll think its weird in general, if you saw a kid building a tunnel on the beach??

I was told this is abnormal behavior so that should've been a dead giveaway, he was a tether

NO other reason...the fact that he was building a tunnel on the beach, and that the twins referred to him as weird. Well, kids think other kids are weird all the time, so why is this supposed to be a clue as to his true identity?

weird only because I have never heard of anybody building a tunnel specifically at the beach

What did yall feel the movie was about overall? Your answer is really just how your mind works so I'm curious...
overall, in a vacuum, its a solid watch

i see people keep saying its not as good as "Get out"...well its not a sequel so....i dont have to compare them to enjoy or dislike either one of them

I dont mind the rabbit holes and theories. Hell, like i mentioned somewhere, i just watched the matrix trilogy again. I love just thinking about certain things but i realize there is a such thing as being overly critical in order to just reach for shit thats not there.

weird only because I have never heard of anybody building a tunnel specifically at the beach
but if you saw it, would you think it was weird in relation to kids just building shit at the beach using sand

Just because its not a sequeal dont mean you cant compare the two and say which one you like better.

Get out was better plot wise. Hardly if any holes in it

overall, in a vacuum, its a solid watch

i see people keep saying its not as good as "Get out"...well its not a sequel so....i dont have to compare them to enjoy or dislike either one of them

I dont mind the rabbit holes and theories. Hell, like i mentioned somewhere, i just watched the matrix trilogy again. I love just thinking about certain things but i realize there is a such thing as being overly critical in order to just reach for shit thats not there.
No I mean what did you think the "big idea" he was tryna illustrate with the story. What's the point the film is making?

Honestly I need to see it again before I can say..

First impressions...I was leaning towards how the shit we do might affect other folks negatively without even us having knowledge of it

The shit folks was doing above ground directly affected their tethers... Most rational/reasonable folks would choose more carefully in their decisions if they knew every decision they made would affect someone directly and immediately...

That and "The government aint shit" and is always up to something. *shrugs*

Honestly I need to see it again before I can say..

First impressions...I was leaning towards how the shit we do might affect other folks negatively without even us having knowledge of it

The shit folks was doing above ground directly affected their tethers... Most rational/reasonable folks would choose more carefully in their decisions if they knew every decision they made would affect someone directly and immediately...

That and "The government aint shit" and is always up to something. *shrugs*

To be real. I wouldn't give a flying fuck about my clone.

To be real. I wouldn't give a flying fuck about my clone.

@Thor So you'd be coo with someone thats essentially you and has a piece of your soul living a shitty life underground and suffering things that YOU made happen that they have/had no control over? lol damn

So you'd be coo with someone thats essentially you and has a piece of your soul living a shitty life underground and suffering things that YOU made happen that they have/had no control over? lol damn

I would be cool as deep freezer personally.

I think the movie is about suppressing your demons instead of working through em. You can bury it deep as you want to but eventually that shit gon come to the surface whether you want it to or not. And when it does you've lost control. Get a handle on it before it gets a handle of you.

It's not lost on anyone the choice to use a black family. Peele is black so of course he'd use a black family...and we hardly ever see black people as principal characters in horror. So as much as the movie isn't about race, it's not not about race. Basically, due to our experience in this country, black people are traumatized and we've never been given the tools to work through it.

I think the movie is about suppressing your demons instead of working through em. You can bury it deep as you want to but eventually that shit gon come to the surface whether you want it to or not. And when it does you've lost control. Get a handle on it before it gets a handle of you.

It's not lost on anyone the choice to use a black family. Peele is black so of course he'd use a black family...and we hardly ever see black people as principal characters in horror. So as much as the movie isn't about race, it's not not about race. Basically, due to our experience in this country, black people are traumatized and we've never been given the tools to work through it.

Peele is mixed

He's half tethered

Nope.

The son realizing his mom is actually a clone only has the intended effect if he's not one.

How does that make sense that he grew up with his mom his whole life, gets switched and raised by somebody else for a year and wouldn't know the new bitch ain't his mom til the very end? You niggas is dumb.
You killed the joke Gabi.

Smdh

Back