So in order to show a strong woman, the black man gotta look weak? Naw, that's no excuse. Like I said this is an on going thing in Hollywood. 9 times outta 10 only time they really show a strong black man if he tryna save a white woman or white people, Or if he going up against his own people. I can't even remember the last time a black man didn't go hard for his black woman or family. He always end up getting killed and the black woman gotta get herself out of it. I dont mean to divert the attention away from the movie, it was a good movie I'm just stating what I've noticed.
just seeing this

why cant both exist at the same time? Like why does it have to be either or. The movie was not about Gabe, it was about Adel/Red (fuck the spelling)

how did he look weak by getting hit in the acl? or was that the mcl? either way, have YOU experienced this injury?

I think ya'll trying to make this an issue when its really not. Did ya'll feel the same way in the Nightmare on elm street movies when the female was the one who saved the dude and the day? Or is it only b/c its black people involved in this situation?

This movie is for lupe fans
with absolutely NO context, he posts this then dips

its not until Du mentions this, he latches on to what Du was saying. I've stated my peace about it, but when you intentionally make vague ass statements you leave a lot of stuff open to interpretation, which, with your history, may have been intentional...who knows

I'm not bashing anyone for their opposing views. I think there are 3 types of people who saw this film

Group A. Based on some prior knowledge of peele's work, you go into it thinking, what are the symbolisms at play. What is it as the viewer, that at a minimum level, he wants me to get from this film vs what he wants me to come to my own conclusion about

Group B. Saw the movie to see if the hype was warranted. Didn't really try to do too much thinking and at a surface level, just wanted to be entertained.

Group C. People that typically like movies/art to have flashing neon signs to tell them every single thing they were supposed to take away from the film. The reactions are going to range from meh to this didn't make sense at all.

Du is definitely Group B for sure

If you spent as much time expounding on your thoughts about the movie as you do with writing dissertations about the Heat, then maybe we could get somewhere
I write about shit I care about

You gonna get these surface level posts

I'm not writing paragraphs on no forum about everything from my phone

• Haha
Reactions: bootcheese3000
with absolutely NO context, he posts this then dips

its not until Du mentions this, he latches on to what Du was saying. I've stated my peace about it, but when you intentionally make vague ass statements you leave a lot of stuff open to interpretation, which, with your history, may have been intentional...who knows

Du is definitely Group B for sure
Nigga I can post what I want, when I want you police ass nigga

"But AP wanted context"

Fuck that nigga

• Haha
Nigga I can post what I want, when I want you police ass nigga

"But AP wanted context"

Fuck that nigga

just like i thought

you dont have anything worth of substance to rebuttal so you resort to insults and namecalling

I write about shit I care about

You gonna get these surface level posts

I'm not writing paragraphs on no forum about everything from my phone
if it was just that simple, you would've made that first post then dipped...the fact that you came back and are still in this thread proves you care

so miss me with this "i care but i really dont care" attitude you trying to pass off in here

see this is why i say u got nothing....

but when you intentionally make vague ass statements

then places me in a group with a vague description,....

Group B. Saw the movie to see if the hype was warranted. Didn't really try to do too much thinking and at a surface level, just wanted to be entertained.
this is very lazy... because i do appreciate that the movie makes you think, and i did quite a bit thinking,

but ultimately what matters more is how entertaining the movie is, not how hard it makes you think....

and i personally feel lupita's performance was the most noteworthy thing about the movie, she sold the plot, and made the extreme unbelievable..... not alll the little things that i'm sure yoe value more... because they made you think....

on surface level the plot and the twists are downright foolish.....

but the performances of the cast... that's what's makes it fun,

the smiles, the mannerisms....that's what makes it scary.....

this was more of a performance piece. she truly played both sides like two completely different people even though they were shadows of each other.....

more focus could be placed on that, and it would be warranted....

not what vhs cassettes were next to the tv in the opening credits.....

i was talking about Beta about the vague stuff, so you not even reading the posts all the way through

now let me get to the second part of your response

this is very lazy... because i do appreciate that the movie makes you think, and i did quite a bit thinking,

but ultimately what matters more is how entertaining the movie is, not how hard it makes you think....

and i personally feel lupita's performance was the most noteworthy thing about the movie, she sold the plot, and made the extreme unbelievable..... not alll the little things that i'm sure yoe value more... because they made you think....

on surface level the plot and the twists are downright foolish.....

but the performances of the cast... that's what's makes it fun,

the smiles, the mannerisms....that's what makes it scary.....

this was more of a performance piece. she truly played both sides like two completely different people even though they were shadows of each other.....

more focus could be placed on that, and it would be warranted....

not what vhs cassettes were next to the tv in the opening credits.....

Ok, first off Group B, wasnt vague. You are the king of not buying the hype as evidenced by the Marvel threads you in every single day, so miss me with that part. That description is fitting b/c you just want to be entertained as evidenced by the bolded, which YOU JUST TYPED!!!

Ofc Lupita should be expected to rip shit, she is the star of the film!! It comes off as you, again, wanting to see what the hype is about, go into it with reasonably mild expectations, but when Lupita does a great job, its "i was entertained by that, more than you were entertained by the small intricate details", which, can you even find anywhere where I, AP, even suggested that? Like why can't I both be entertained by the film as a project and intrigued by a lot of the nuances, easter eggs, symbolisms, etc... at the same time?

It was more of a psychological thriller vs a horror movie in the sense of what we've come to know/expect from horror. Why in the world would i not expect to think about anything underneath the obvious parts in the film where its assumed you're going to have to in order to suspend disbelief in this world he's created for the characters to function in?

I mean yeah, everybody dropping theories about certain instances, but that was the entire point of the film? Like i dont understand how you come away with thinking anyone was overly impressed by this film when for the most part, the majority of everyone's expectations, at least in this thread, fell into where i described Group A.

anyways

latest theory i've heard

the son was swapped b/c he built a tunnel at the beach and the kids deemed him weird b/c no normal kids build tunnels at the beach

thoughts

You are the king
stopped reading here.....

tenor.gif

• Haha
no one is surprised fam

i don't like the notion that i want to see what the hype is about.

that's pretty much everyone's motivation for going to the movies.

and also i've seen people calling peele a genius, maybe not so much on here, cuz i stayed away from the thread until i saw the movie, but there were two extremes on the movie online....people who thought peele was a genius and people who thought the movie was stupid, i felt i would fall inn between.

and i was right...i was impressed however by lupita.

however there was so much being dumped into the movie, the whole time was watching i could just see the theories and misinterpretations building, when the movie itself did a fairly good job telling it's story...

i guess i was a little apprehensive with the various breakdowns....and peoples obsessive need to analyze every detail...however to suggest i didn't want to think is incorrect

if it was just that simple, you would've made that first post then dipped...the fact that you came back and are still in this thread proves you care

so miss me with this "i care but i really dont care" attitude you trying to pass off in here
No I'm saying, I don't care enough to go back and forth on this topic especially with you beyond explaining what I did

i don't like the notion that i want to see what the hype is about.

that's pretty much everyone's motivation for going to the movies.

and also i've seen people calling peele a genius, maybe not so much on here, cuz i stayed away from the thread until i saw the movie, but there were two extremes on the movie online....people who thought peele was a genius and people who thought the movie was stupid, i felt i would fall inn between.

and i was right
...i was impressed however by lupita.

however there was so much being dumped into the movie, the whole time was watching i could just see the theories and misinterpretations building, when the movie itself did a fairly good job telling it's story...

i guess i was a little apprehensive with the various breakdowns....and peoples obsessive need to analyze every detail...however to suggest i didn't want to think is incorrect
you doing this shit on purpose now Group B