Welcome To aBlackWeb

Some things I'm noticing while rewatching the film...

The TV is a call back to Get Out..

What's the significance of the candy apple?

Daughter talking about flouride in the water and gov't mind control...

The twins are funny...

They were flippin when we first see them...

I like how she whistles itsy bitsy spider and the shadow whistles back, but not knowing the song she makes one up... when Red first enters the home shes whistling itsy bitsy spider...

The rocks-paper-scissors couple... rock breaks scissors...

Were the toys she played with scissors?

Lol when clone dad punched dad it was like "shut yo bitch ass up..."

The end exposition is Red telling her clone of her own history...

Maybe Red fucked up her hand getting out of them cuffs and thats why she wears that glove...

The classroom scene reminded me of Silent Hill...

The end reminded me of the movie High Tension...

Pretty much wrote him off after that.

Who said the clones had superhuman strength? I'll wait.

How you can't beat a poor version of yourself? I woulda fucked me up.

They do seem to be a little stronger.Pluto easily climbs up a tree like an animal

The white neighbor clone took a fire poker to the head and didn't GAF

One of the white girl twins fell off the top of the stairs onto a glass table then later got back up.

But either way looking at the scene where he hit his leg,He caught that nigga and yeah that shit hurt.

any of yall wanna start the walk that off challenge

lol "he was hurt the whole movie"

next time yall niggas get a sprain or a fracture u got 5 minutes

One of the reasons why I been posting more is I got a sprained knee

caught it a month ago and my shit still stiff and not bending all the way and I gotta go have a few therapy sessions

I sympathize with dude,because that knee area is sensitive and I couldn't walk on my leg for about 2 weeks.

No way could I successfully fight off 2 ppl w/out seriously re injuring myself and still losing.

Just getting around quick enough to escape anybody would be an issue.

Gabe was working off all Adrenalin

Last edited:
Also gabe being hurt was a plot device

1. the clone goes by the prison rules of "knock the biggest nigga out "

2. if the father wasn't hurt,it would have forced the plot to move faster

If he's not hurt he could have potentially beat or killed Red's whole family.

3. There's mad horror movies where men get injured early to put the female victims in more harm.

That nigga's woman got pulled into the house and he made no attempt to go after her, hurt leg or not his first reaction should have been to go save her.

The only thing I need to know is why the son's clone could be controlled by the boy while no one else's clone had that weakness.

That nigga's woman got pulled into the house and he made no attempt to go after her, hurt leg or not his first reaction should have been to go save her.

The only thing I need to know is why the son's clone could be controlled by the boy while no one else's clone had that weakness.

@Chi-town B What movie did you see?

Gabe has the kids next to him,Addy goes to the door because she can move faster and gets dragged in but the white guy clone comes out right then

So he's injured with a bat as a crutch and tells his kids to run while he fights the white guy

WTF was he supposed to do?

He can barely walk

The answer to the Pluto/Jason shit been answered

In short all tethers naturally mimic their counterpart,but once they know wusup they can be free

Pluto is slow and a kid.

he also thinks of the mimicking as a game like a child would

That's why he makes jason put his mask on in the closet so he can play the mimic game

in short,he's dumb,crazy,and a kid

Some things I'm noticing while rewatching the film...

The TV is a call back to Get Out..

What's the significance of the candy apple?

Daughter talking about flouride in the water and gov't mind control...

The twins are funny...

They were flippin when we first see them...

I like how she whistles itsy bitsy spider and the shadow whistles back, but not knowing the song she makes one up... when Red first enters the home shes whistling itsy bitsy spider...

The rocks-paper-scissors couple... rock breaks scissors...

Were the toys she played with scissors?

Lol when clone dad punched dad it was like "shut yo bitch ass up..."

The end exposition is Red telling her clone of her own history...

Maybe Red fucked up her hand getting out of them cuffs and thats why she wears that glove...

The classroom scene reminded me of Silent Hill...

The end reminded me of the movie High Tension...
flourine in the water...we spoke about this on here a few months back

https://ablackweb.com/forum/threads...usness-or-crackhead-dreams.14637/#post-778022

the flourine in the water help block and calcify the pineal gland .
thats why im 2stepz

One of the reasons why I been posting more is I got a sprained knee

caught it a month ago and my shit still stiff and not bending all the way and I gotta go have a few therapy sessions

I sympathize with dude,because that knee area is sensitive and I couldn't walk on my leg for about 2 weeks.

No way could I successfully fight off 2 ppl w/out seriously re injuring myself and still losing.

Just getting around quick enough to escape anybody would be an issue.

Gabe was working off all Adrenalin
whatever nigga.....
this is what happened....

pizzaman blew his horn for you to come out and he charged you double to get your hawaiian pizza and you said ,
giphy.gif

snatched the pizza and ran ....dude came to your door like

ezgif-3-209a2c87f0ab-gif.121666

he then smashed both the women, ate ya pizza only for you ro wake up to them looking at you like

giphy.gif

you clone been posting.
cuz he giving better commentary than the nigga who used to comment about power.

@Chi-town B What movie did you see?

Gabe has the kids next to him,Addy goes to the door because she can move faster and gets dragged in but the white guy clone comes out right then

So he's injured with a bat as a crutch and tells his kids to run while he fights the white guy

WTF was he supposed to do?

He can barely walk

The answer to the Pluto/Jason shit been answered

In short all tethers naturally mimic their counterpart,but once they know wusup they can be free

Pluto is slow and a kid.

he also thinks of the mimicking as a game like a child would

That's why he makes jason put his mask on in the closet so he can play the mimic game

in short,he's dumb,crazy,and a kid

Nah, he made no attempt to go forward before the white guy came back out, he just stood there. I don't remember if the white guy came back out quickly but I do remember all three stood there screaming for few.

Nah, he made no attempt to go forward before the white guy came back out, he just stood there. I don't remember if the white guy came back out quickly but I do remember all three stood there screaming for few.
I just watched that scene again on the bootleg.The white guy is coming out while either the wife or twins or all pulled her in

As Addy gets pulled in the white guy is walking out at the same time.

whatever nigga.....
this is what happened....

pizzaman blew his horn for you to come out and he charged you double to get your hawaiian pizza and you said ,
giphy.gif

snatched the pizza and ran ....dude came to your door like

ezgif-3-209a2c87f0ab-gif.121666

he then smashed both the women, ate ya pizza only for you ro wake up to them looking at you like

giphy.gif

you clone been posting.
cuz he giving better commentary than the nigga who used to comment about power.

Let me get some of that weed you smoking

A couple of takeaways from this Peele interview I saw on Polygon.

• A Twilight Zone called Mirror Image had a major influence on this film according to Peele:

"Yeah, I saw [an episode] when I was a kid called “Mirror Image.” There’s something about this idea that the doppelganger that has this creepy smile ... they know more than you know. I was sort of connecting that to, first and foremost, our fear — our societal fear — of terrorism, of an attack, of an invader coming in who has been plotting something mysterious. Besides the fact that this is an awful event is the idea that there is a well-oiled plan. And the only other thing that’s more terrifying than that is the suppressed feelings of what our part in these tragedies is, even if we are the victim."
  • This movie isn't about race necessarily:

"There are a lot of hurdles with that. The biggest hurdle is with yourself as a creator. It’s easy to get distracted by the fact that a black family in a scene can conjure different ideas and thoughts than their white counterparts in the same scene. As much as the point of [Us] is setting out to make a movie where it’s not about race, America is about race. It’s always about race. So you can’t really get away from that and people’s experience of the film.

I think it only highlights how important it is that we try and forge into the territory where a black family is just a black family and that’s it. I think one of the things about this movie that makes it an even trickier one to pull off — a movie that’s “not about race” — is that the word “us” is subjective and ambiguous. It can mean anything. If a black person were to watch this movie and have the experience of how “us” means black people, I can’t take away that experience. All I wanted to put into place was the simple notion that for every “us” there is a “them.” And that whoever the “us” is that you identify with, there is a way we relate to them."

Some other good insights in that interview.

Source: https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2019/3/21/18275751/jordan-peele-us-interview-easter-eggs

Back