Welcome To aBlackWeb

What issues do you have with the movie?
A movie like this requires effective exposition and what we got was hardly serviceable and left us with more questions than answers. The fact that people are hoping for a prequel as opposed to a sequel shows that there was a poor job done at setting up logic behind the premise, which is that there's an underground society inextricably linked to our own that seeks to replace us. Nice premise, bad execution.

And the identity tropes he used turned me off to be honest. Strong black wife juxtaposed with bumbling ineffectual black husband whose usefulness is outdone by his own children.

I get that some people will appreciate that this movie employs their own capacity to create while consuming, but there's a difference between strategic implication and lazy writing.

The plot twist was damn near obvious from the first time they look each other in the eye.

I enjoyed the Captain Marvel plot twist more than this one.

One of the many downsides to Twitter in general

Everybody racing to get likes and retweeted

I know to stay away from certain hashtags.I somehow rarely get shit spoiled.Usually I might see something vague then stay away from anything about it.

But them gifs for #Usmovie are hilarious

part of the fun of seeing shit is the social media cooler talk so I like seeing things so I can know wusup if possible.

It's no fun when it's 2019 and you tweet "yooooooo darth vader is Lukes father?,Mind blown"

I know to stay away from certain hashtags.I somehow rarely get shit spoiled.Usually I might see something vague then stay away from anything about it.

But them gifs for #Usmovie are hilarious

part of the fun of seeing shit is the social media cooler talk so I like seeing things so I can know wusup if possible.

It's no fun when it's 2019 and you tweet "yooooooo darth vader is Lukes father?,Mind blown"
The vader shit is understandable

Doing shit with the hashtags as soon as you left the movie is wack af to me

The vader shit is understandable

Doing shit with the hashtags as soon as you left the movie is wack af to me

Yeah there's a way ppl can talk in the comments w/out it being all on timelines.they could make the titles not spoil shit.

It was cool. I have to watch it again. Until I watch it again, ima give it a 6 1/2. But I have a feeling the second time I watch it I'll rate it much higher.

Yea so the real twist is that the son is also a tether and is the only one that knows that the mom is a tether as well..... that s why he stares her down at the end

IDK why ppl don't understand that getting hit in the knee with a bat can break or sprain a knee

In real life you can't walk on a broken or freshly sprained knee

he wanted to get the white man away from the family so he led him to the boat where he knew he had the flare gun in his boat.

At the end he was still hurt,but also the mother ran off before he could say anything and only she knew where Red took her son,plus she didn't want her family to even know she was one of the tethered.

With this though, he had all his weight on the door, so for his clone to be able to take him completely out with all that weight on the door he wouldn't be able to swing that bat down with enough force to take him all the way out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way they portray black men in a lot of films make me sick. The father was not a force to be reckoned with in this film. He seemed weak and They should have gave him at least one good fighting scene. To show how much he go in beast mode for his family. I would have even liked it more if he would have died going hard for his family. They got him pretty much useless throughout most of the film. This girl got out the truck and he sat there in the truck while she got out. NIGGA IF YOU DONT GET YO LIMPING ASS OUT THIS TRUCK AND SEE WTH IS GOING ON lol or better yet let's both get out the truck lol. I dont like this, I know the woman was the main character but they could made the husband much stronger. Smh I still liked the movie though. I just need to watch it again I was a bit distracted it was a bunch of negros in there cutting up, felt like I was at a party lmao

He's a suburban dad lol. All suburban dads regardless of race be acting like that.

Idk why niggas mad like this make them look weak or something. Lupita actually knew what was going on so she had to take the "lead." The son was the one who figured everything out.

To me it was more than just how he talked and how suburban he is. I've seen movies where white men step up and protect their home and they are just regular suburban dads. This has been an on going thing in Hollywood. He definitely could have stepped up. And it's not even him as a character it's more the writing. They could have made him a lot stronger than he appeared.

Back