Welcome To aBlackWeb

To me it was more than just how he talked and how suburban he is. I've seen movies where white men step up and protect their home and they are just regular suburban dads. This has been an on going thing in Hollywood. He definitely could have stepped up. And it's not even him as a character it's more the writing. They could have made him a lot stronger than he appeared.
Facts

To me it was more than just how he talked and how suburban he is. I've seen movies where white men step up and protect their home and they are just regular suburban dads. This has been an on going thing in Hollywood. He definitely could have stepped up. And it's not even him as a character it's more the writing. They could have made him a lot stronger than he appeared.
What if the point was to show how strong the woman was?

Why does it not make any sense?

@Elzo69Renaissance

1. If Jason had been switched at some point he would have came back different and silent.His parents would have noticed that.And no Red can't teach him to talk.She can barely talk.It took yrs of therapy to get Addy to talk again.

2. They never went to that beach before only to the lake house,so he couldn't have gone in the funhouse

3. If Jason was switched how would the real Jason change to the savage animal like Pluto in such a short time?

4. why would Red let Pluto kill Jason if Jason was her son?

5. If Jason was a clone he wouldn't have any reason to be scared of red and them at all

What if the point was to show how strong the woman was?

So in order to show a strong woman, the black man gotta look weak? Naw, that's no excuse. Like I said this is an on going thing in Hollywood. 9 times outta 10 only time they really show a strong black man if he tryna save a white woman or white people, Or if he going up against his own people. I can't even remember the last time a black man didn't go hard for his black woman or family. He always end up getting killed and the black woman gotta get herself out of it. I dont mean to divert the attention away from the movie, it was a good movie I'm just stating what I've noticed.

But he did protect his home.he killed the 2 male threats with a possibly broken knee or leg.

Plus one thing we're leaving out is ,it seems like the clones are just a little more stronger.White dude took a direct hit to the head and kept going.Pluto was climbing up trees and shit

An aluminum bat hitting your leg at any force in the right way can fuck somebody up then add a little strength boost

Here goes the other thing.There's plenty of macho macho men movies with female characters not flushed out or made objects

Peele slid in a black female lead,w/out marketing it like that and niggas mad the husband didn't fit their model of what a nigga should be like?

Nobody is talking about how a successful horror movie had a black female lead.

This movie ain't about Gabe,it's about Addy/Red.

But he did protect his home.he killed the 2 male threats with a possibly broken knee or leg.

Plus one thing we're leaving out is ,it seems like the clones are just a little more stronger.White dude took a direct hit to the head and kept going.Pluto was climbing up trees and shit

An aluminum bat hitting your leg at any force in the right way can fuck somebody up then add a little strength boost
I'm not saying he didn't do ANYTHING. IM saying he looked weak in the movie to me. The way he was written was weak. They could have shown him in a fierce fighting scene going hard for his. Instead they break his leg or ankle 2 minutes into the craziness and now he's pretty much useless to his wife or his family.

But his overall character I did like. And I liked the acting as well. All the characters acting skills, to me was A1

I'm not saying he didn't do ANYTHING. IM saying he looked weak in the movie to me. The way he was written was weak. They could have shown him in a fierce fighting scene going hard for his. Instead they break his leg or ankle 2 minutes into the craziness and now he's pretty much useless to his wife or his family.

But his overall character I did like. And I liked the acting as well. All the characters acting skills, to me was A1

I think Gabe is peele

Peele a old goofy corny ass nigga

That's how Peele would act with his kids

@Elzo69Renaissance

1. If Jason had been switched at some point he would have came back different and silent.His parents would have noticed that.And no Red can't teach him to talk.She can barely talk.It took yrs of therapy to get Addy to talk again.

2. They never went to that beach before only to the lake house,so he couldn't have gone in the funhouse

3. If Jason was switched how would the real Jason change to the savage animal like Pluto in such a short time?

4. why would Red let Pluto kill Jason if Jason was her son?

5. If Jason was a clone he wouldn't have any reason to be scared of red and them at all
1) they make it a point to state how different he has been and how weird he is since the previous summer...also the real Addy could be taught him how to speak English since she spoke English

2) nowhere they stated them niggas only in the funhouse just underground, they did mention he went missing for a little bit of time the previous summer

3) they don’t give us a timeline of the transitions

4) also it s possible that she doesn’t know

5) fam the mother was a tether and was scared shitless the whole movie but the son somehow should be composed? Even though he is prolly the most composed out of all of them during the interactions w the tethers

isn't this kind of like the black man's plight in America?.........

Here goes the other thing.There's plenty of macho macho men movies with female characters not flushed out or made objects

Peele slid in a black female lead,w/out marketing it like that and niggas mad the husband didn't fit their model of what a nigga should be like?

Nobody is talking about how a successful horror movie had a black female lead.

This movie ain't about Gabe,it's about Addy/Red.

But why he gotta look weak for her to look strong. Idc about her being lead I understand this movie was about her, but a man and his family being attacked and i dont care about no macho macho, he seemed like he wasn't going hard enough. That's all I'm saying. And I'm allowed my opinion. Maybe we see things different. :niggawhat:

isn't this kind of like the black man's plight in America?.........

You can say that, the fact still remains this made him weak. And maybe that is the underlying message. How America views black men? Who knows, I just know what I felt when I seen it.

1) they make it a point to state how different he has been and how weird he is since the previous summer...also the real Addy could be taught him how to speak English since she spoke English

Addy was taught English through therapy and environment.Red can barely speak herself.

2) nowhere they stated them niggas only in the funhouse just underground, they did mention he went missing for a little bit of time the previous summer

They never said he went missing.I rewatched.he locked himself in that closet before

3) they don’t give us a timeline of the transitions

IDK what this means

4) also it s possible that she doesn’t know

it's not possible she wouldn't know,plus what's the purpose?

5) fam the mother was a tether and was scared shitless the whole movie but the son somehow should be composed? Even though he is prolly the most composed out of all of them during the interactions w the tethers

From the way ppl are saying he's a clone I assume yall mean he's a double agent

it makes no sense .Red would certainly know that her retarded psycho son got replaced with a normal kid.

From the way ppl are saying he's a clone I assume yall mean he's a double agent

it makes no sense .Red would certainly know that her retarded psycho son got replaced with a normal kid.

I got some shit to do right quick so just watch the video below

He killed 2 clones on a broke leg tho lol. I get hes corny and made dad jokes the whole time but we shouldn't be mad at every black dude that doesnt magically turn into an action hero. That's not real life. Sometimes niggas just dont know what to do and in the context of THIS movie, I dont see the problem.

Back