Welcome To aBlackWeb

UPDATE: Netflix Will Now Show Commercials For Needed Ad Revenue/Netflix Raises Their Subscription Prices In the U.S. and Canada

One of the reason the prices were raised is because a lot of people share their accounts with others.

Another reason is that those movie licenses from other companies are very expensive and that is why they spend so much money on original content produced in house.

Take in account that people got priorities and dont see netflix as one of them.

It really aint that simple. Compared to those parent companies, netflix is relatively new to the entertainment business when it comes to making their own movies. Disney been around since 1923. That is almost a century of content. That is why disney dont need anyone and took all their content back from every streaming platform

That's true to an extent.

In the beginning, they did have to pay a lot for content.

Now that they produce so much original content on their own, their costs for content have gone down dramatically.

Bloomberg TV did a segment on it yesterday after their earnings report came out.

Ironically, all these other streaming services have actually helped Netflix reduce their content costs.

Simply because they're not gonna sell any of their content to Netflix since they're trying to use that content to build up their own streaming platforms.

Biggest example............Disney Plus.

They've saved Netflix billions of dollars in content costs by keeping all the Star Wars/Marvel content to themselves.

I said years back that it never made sense for these companies like Disney to start their own streaming services.

It would make more sense to just tax Netflix every year for whatever they're willing to pay for their content.

Use those fees to help produce their own content/movies/etc.............and then tax Netflix again for the right to stream it.

Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

Last edited:

In the beginning, they did hae to pay a lot for content.

Now that they produce so much original content on their own, their costs for content have gone down dramatically.

Bloomberg TV did a segment on it yesterday after their earnings report came out.

Ironically, all these other streaming services have actually helped Netflix reduce their content costs.

Simply because they're not gonna sell any of their content to Netflix since they're trying to use that content to build up their own streaming platforms.

They've saved Netflix billions of dollars in content costs by keeping all the Star Wars/Marvel content to themselves.

I said years back that it never made sense for these companies like Disney to start their own streaming services.

It would make more sense to just tax Netflix every year for whatever they're willing to pay for their content.

Use those fees to help produce their own content/movies/etc.............and then tax Netflix again for the right to stream it.

Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

Everything is going towards streaming. Even cable networks. Makes more sense to get ahead of the curve now and get the infrastructure down.

The real winners are the isp's.

Everything is going towards streaming. Even cable networks. Makes more sense to get ahead of the curve now and get the infrastructure down.

The real winners are the isp's.

Dez from claws ding ding ding clip.gif

True.

Comcast gives it's customers access to every streaming service available.

Early on I couldn't understand why because it seemed like they were helping their competitors, but figured out later that..........even if their customers start streaming instead of using the cable tv packages..........they've still got to pay Comcast for their internet usage.

So yeah, ISP's like Comcast get paid either way.

In the beginning, they did have to pay a lot for content.

Rinse, Wash, Repeat.
I never thought about the part where losing some of the licenses would free up money for them.

It will still take time for them to build up their own content.

In regards to streaming, netflix really the only one that stared from scratch. Apple has tech money before they got into entertainment. Prime had amazon before they entered the rings. Hulu is with disney. All the other streaming platforms are the parent companies who have content they have been making for like 40+ years.

My IPTV has a pretty decent on demand so I recently cut all streaming platforms. 🤷🏿‍♂️

My IPTV has a pretty decent on demand so I recently cut all streaming platforms. 🤷🏿‍♂️

what service u using for your iptv? i fuck w/ those man, I was actually looking for a new one to subscribe to. I had a list of some but most of them want bitcoin. I guess I could set up a wallet but I really didnt want to

Back