Welcome To aBlackWeb

United States of Amazon: exposing horrible business practices & more

My sister has moved all across the country from big city to big city cause "Arkansas ain't popping". While true, She always calling our parents begging for money cause she either not working or not making enough to pay her bills. I been told her if she moved back here I could get her a job where she could live comfortable and travel when she wants. She rather do her own thing and it's kinda strained our relationship cause I told her never to call me asking for money again.
That sounds like a good deal or save up a cool amount and then get gone. Cost of living tends to be lower in the south. People don't believe you can have a nice sized 4bd rm, 2 bth house WITH a front and backyard for $900 a month.

That sounds like a good deal or save up a cool amount and then get gone. Cost of living tends to be lower in the south. People don't believe you can have a nice sized 4bd rm, 2 bth house WITH a front and backyard for $900 a month.
Ridiculous u in the hood here

Folks that ain’t never been round the US and spoiled think $18 ain’t a living wage in most cities.

Folks gotta understand. The states is bigger than just NYC, LA and Chicago.

Oh yea fuck Amazon for the scare tactics they trying to pull.
Lmao at $18/hr not being a living wage.

How much would be considered a good living wage? @Race Jones

I think my dad got mad at me today when we were talking about the Democrats trying to push that $15 min wage in their covid bill. He was all for it.

@Blackish

explain to me how 37k a year is a liviable wage. factoring in rent and other bills like car notes/insurance etc

like lets stop acting like minimum wage laws are not unilaterally destructive to the poorest class, no matter where you live.

never seen so many working class ppl accept such bullshit day in and day out especially since most are one catastrophe away from homelessness

wrong about what? you niggas sound fucking stupid

18 is a livable wage in a lot of places and you can own a fucking house and car making that.

Single man/women

Rent/mortgage 1100
Car and insurance 375
Water, internet and lights 300
Grocery 125 (high end)

most cities $18 you can live good. Why is that hard for you to just say ok your right

18 is a livable wage in a lot of places and you can own a fucking house and car making that.

Single man/women

Rent/mortgage 1100
Car and insurance 375
Water, internet and lights 300
Grocery 125 (high end)

most cities $18 you can live good. Why is that hard for you to just say ok your right
That aint even enough for the locals to continue live and maintain their own island of Hawaii.

Not sure how amazon is getting exposed.

The workers have a right to try to unionize. Amazon wants to stop them from obvious reasons. Neither side is necessarily wrong here.

At the end of the day, if you gotta problem with amazon...dont shop there.

Boycotting a monopoly like Amazon won't do anything. It's too firmly entrenched in the way commerce is done. Besides, already underpaid workers might just be forced to bear the brunt of any financial hit the company takes.

How much of the work done at Amazon is part time? $18 for full time is relatively decent for the type of work it is, not so much for part time work.

When I was working part time at UPS loading trucks i was averaging 3.5 hrs per day at $14 government set minimum wage. It was peanuts, so I left for a full time. UPS' union set out terms that saw some part time workers' pay rates rise to around $24 after 4 years (was formerly 2).

These multibillion dollar companies are fully capable of paying out higher wages. Examples like UPS no doubt embolden workers at non unionized companies to fight for their own wages, benefits and protections.

You wouldn't trust a company to self regulate safety or pollution standards (hence why third parties like government step in), u can't trust a company to fight for their workers either.

Back