Welcome To aBlackWeb

Unfunny f#ck boy Ari Shaffir had his NYC comedy club gig canceled after death threats + some of his unfunny comedian friends are defending him...

I already stated what Ari said wasn’t a joke. But let’s not act like when aDave special comes out now people don’t be like “lol the feminists and lbgqt won’t like this!” Even if they wernt thinking about it. I’m not comparing the jokes I’m comparing people reactions. Ari just isn’t funny and timing was even worse. But I don’t think Dave goes out of his way to be offensive

My point is that these two things shouldn't even be mentioned together. Yes, some people said that in response to Dave's special, but that was just recognizing that there are some oversensitive people that often look to get upset over things. That's a completely different matter than people being upset because Ari made a point of just flat out insulting a dead man.

What exposed joe rogan as racist?

He told a story about using GPS to go see the movie "Planet of the Apes." In the story he says something to the effect of "We didn't go see Planet of the Apes. We walked into Planet of the Apes. We walked into Africa. I'm sorry that was a racist thing to say. Planet of the Apes didn't even take place in Africa. It was just the blackest neighborhood I had ever been to..."

It was a racist remark for sure. He even acknowledges that. Does that make him a racist? I don't know. This whole "characterize someone as something because they did something once a long time ago" is stupid to me. It's also hypocritical because we all say shit like that. Black people say some of the most racist shit you'll ever hear and then turn around and try to throw out every bullshit semantics argument they can to justify why they aren't racist.

To me, one or two incidents of doing something doesn't define somebody. No one would say someone is a thief because they stole a pack of gum from a store 10 years ago. I don't think anyone did this, but no one should be comparing Joe's comment to Ari's.

And that's why I don't listen to Rogan or any white podcasts.

Why do yall Brothers religiously watch a bunch of 45 year old cacs talk anyway? I can't relate...

He has interesting guests. It's not a matter of the race. It's the topic of discussion. I've never watch the episodes where he has people like Ari or his other buddies that I don't give a shit about. However, when he has topics about science or MMA or politics, I give it a listen because he usually has guests with interesting perspectives on those topics regardless of race. It's not like he just has white people on there. He's had plenty of black guests: Cornell West, Killer Mike, Rza, Mike Tyson, Kevin Hart, etc... If you don't like his perspectives, subject matter or guests, that's fine, but saying "I don't watch his podcast because he's white" is just as stupid as when racists CACs dismiss blacks for no good reason.

Not everyone is liked. Can't do anything about that. Kobe wasn't a hero to everyone. Seems he kept the same energy even when dude was a live. Not everyone believes in not talking bad about the dead. His mouth won't free him from consequences. Death threats is a bit far but people send those out constantly it seems. A lot of yall tend to call someone too sensitive when they get offended at a joke. There is truth in jokes sprinkled with exaggerations to get laughs. Some of yall may be emotional over kobe's death . So when you are the target of the joke, it hits different then when you are just watching someone being the target. What dude said, wasn't a joke. But this was a line that y'all felt shouldn't be crossed because y'all liked Kobe. But I never heard of this dude and will continue to do so. Attacking him is just going to put money in his pocket after he sues. Y'all are also giving him more press

He has interesting guests. It's not a matter of the race. It's the topic of discussion. I've never watch the episodes where he has people like Ari or his other buddies that I don't give a shit about. However, when he has topics about science or MMA or politics, I give it a listen because he usually has guests with interesting perspectives on those topics regardless of race. It's not like he just has white people on there. He's had plenty of black guests: Cornell West, Killer Mike, Rza, Mike Tyson, Kevin Hart, etc... If you don't like his perspectives, subject matter or guests, that's fine, but saying "I don't watch his podcast because he's white" is just as stupid as when racists CACs dismiss blacks for no good reason.
You misunderstood. I don't watch him because he's white AND prone to racism

Nothing stupid about not wanting to be subjected to the occasional anti black rant

He told a story about using GPS to go see the movie "Planet of the Apes." In the story he says something to the effect of "We didn't go see Planet of the Apes. We walked into Planet of the Apes. We walked into Africa. I'm sorry that was a racist thing to say. Planet of the Apes didn't even take place in Africa. It was just the blackest neighborhood I had ever been to..."

It was a racist remark for sure. He even acknowledges that. Does that make him a racist? I don't know. This whole "characterize someone as something because they did something once a long time ago" is stupid to me. It's also hypocritical because we all say shit like that. Black people say some of the most racist shit you'll ever hear and then turn around and try to throw out every bullshit semantics argument they can to justify why they aren't racist.

To me, one or two incidents of doing something doesn't define somebody. No one would say someone is a thief because they stole a pack of gum from a store 10 years ago. I don't think anyone did this, but no one should be comparing Joe's comment to Ari's.

We can say racist things but blacks being prejudiced does not mean we actually oppressing folks. White racism is always way worse so that’s why folks don’t compare it

You misunderstood. I don't watch him because he's white AND prone to racism

Nothing stupid about not wanting to be subjected to the occasional anti black rant

Please show me where he's prone to racism or give me an example of a racist rant. I don't watch every show from him, but I do watch regularly. Every time I've seen the topic of black people come up, he's been very complimentary.

We can say racist things but blacks being prejudiced does not mean we actually oppressing folks. White racism is always way worse so that’s why folks don’t compare it

I understand the little games ya'll play to try and justify bigotry. We're not talking about dominating based on race. We're talking about people making racist comments. We all do that shit from time to time, so acting like one person is the devil for a single incident years ago is hypocritical and stupid.

• Cap
Reactions: GNS
Please show me where he's prone to racism or give me an example of a racist rant. I don't watch every show from him, but I do watch regularly. Every time I've seen the topic of black people come up, he's been very complimentary.

I understand the little games ya'll play to try and justify bigotry. We're not talking about dominating based on race. We're talking about people making racist comments. We all do that shit from time to time, so acting like one person is the devil for a single incident years ago is hypocritical and stupid.
You already gave the example. I based my comment on what you said. The planet of apes spiel is exactly why black people shouldn't waste their ears on joe rogan. Cacs like him are prone to white supremacist content

Reactions: GNS
You already gave the example. I based my comment on what you said. The planet of apes spiel is exactly why black people shouldn't waste their ears on joe rogan. Cacs like him are prone to white supremacist content

You can like and choose not to listen to Rogan. That's fine. You can believe he's racist. That's your choice. But stop misrepresenting shit. He didn't go on a racist rant. He was telling a story about GPS taking him somewhere unexpected and made a bad comment that he immediately retracted. That was one incident out of literally hundreds of podcasts. And he's praised black people plenty on his podcast. If a CAC is a racist, you shouldn't have to be so disingenuous to prove it.

He can dislike and misrepresent Rogan as well if there is any indication of racism. Why the fuck not?

Sure he can dislike Rogan for whatever reason he wants, that's up to him. But there's never a good reason to misrepresent someone. My problem isn't with him saying he dislikes Rogan because of the Planet of the Apes remark. My problem is him saying that Rogan regularly goes on anti-black rants, which is just a flat out lie.

Back