Welcome To aBlackWeb

Trump's Strategist Steve Bannon On Black Males "We get 50% of their vote we can govern for another 100 years"

If you ready for that deep dive we can go.

When you line up your views as black person and talk black first you would see you actually fall under more conservative thinking.

Im not talking how the white folks/republicans think being a conservative is

If you ready for that deep dive we can go.

When you line up your views as black person and talk black first you would see you actually fall under more conservative thinking.

Im not talking how the white folks/republicans think being a conservative is

That's what I was trying to get clarity on. What values in your opinion align with a conservative ideology that the vast majority of black people hold?

That's what I was trying to get clarity on. What values in your opinion align with a conservative ideology that the vast majority of black people hold?

I will answer you fam. Give me a lil time so I can be clear and not over the place

You just being say shit.

if you’re pro black you’re a conservative person.

Y’all saying church folk ain’t conservative because that’s what I’m saying. Maybe i answered wrong. The church even though it’s not as influential today as it used to be is pretty much where most conservative values come from for most Americans despite race.

The church even though it’s not as influential today as it used to be is pretty much where most conservative values come from for most Americans despite race.

I was leaning more towards this take as well.. and younger folks are moving away from the traditional churches more and more it seems

Bull.Fuckin.Shit

There ain't ever been no damn anti lbgt culture in the black community. Who the hell been directing all the choirs? Who's always been some of our most beloved musicians (Luther and others) and damn near of us knew someone or had a family member that was gay and it wasn't a big deal like yall try to make it seem. Stop the lies.

Women know their place? Black men ain't even been in a position to tell black women much of any damn thing. There used to be however, a level of respect for manhood and in return a level of chivalry that came out of it. Look at what we got now, can't get along for shit.

Anti abortion? Well if you think about it it makes sense. See back then we had the common sense to understand that number one, abortion ain't damn birth control, number 2 don't get knocked up unless you ready to get married and be stable, and last but not least we live in a country where the gov is killing us and trying to dwindle our numbers, why would we abort our own children so easily?

and wtf is anti evolution?

You all the way off. A few musicians being gay and some shit about choir directors does not mean it was just cool to be openly gay. But that’s not happening at most church’s. I definitely don’t feel black people in the church treated that gays worst that the whites treated theirs.

You’re acting like black men were not leaders of the household man. Just because the circumstances were different does not mean we were not the leaders. I’m saying again in the black church like every church women do have a role. Again most women today outside the church and in the church want a leader. They also want respect and equity.

Again im speaking on the church and the church ain’t ever been pro abortion. And yes abortion shouldn’t be used as birth control but acting like people with bad conditions will not have sex and have kids that can’t be taken care of is unrealistic. Our community does not want to raise somebody else’s kid and we can’t even adopt as easily. Unless you’re talking about creating a better situation for Black people overall so choices like abortion or crime are less likely then it’s bullshit.

Were the Black Panthers conservative? I don’t know how @dwanye defines conservative as I’m typing this. But we don’t hear about conservatives doing free lunch. We don’t hear about conservative social programs.

You all the way off. A few musicians being gay and some shit about choir directors does not mean it was just cool to be openly gay. But that’s not happening at most church’s. I definitely don’t feel black people in the church treated that gays worst that the whites treated theirs.

You’re acting like black men were not leaders of the household man. Just because the circumstances were different does not mean we were not the leaders. I’m saying again in the black church like every church women do have a role. Again most women today outside the church and in the church want a leader. They also want respect and equity.

Again im speaking on the church and the church ain’t ever been pro abortion. And yes abortion shouldn’t be used as birth control but acting like people with bad conditions will not have sex and have kids that can’t be taken care of is unrealistic. Our community does not want to raise somebody else’s kid and we can’t even adopt as easily. Unless you’re talking about creating a better situation for Black people overall so choices like abortion or crime are less likely then it’s bullshit.

Were the Black Panthers conservative? I don’t know how @dwanye defines conservative as I’m typing this. But we don’t hear about conservatives doing free lunch. We don’t hear about conservative social programs.

No, Im not off, it just doesnt fit the narrative you support. The church used to cornerstones of our communities and not the chaotic cash cows they are now. We weren't outcasting our lgbt ppl, was it perfect? No, many didnt agree with the lifestyle but for the most part we always been live and let live kinda ppl. Yall stay trying to rewrite shit.

When did I pretend black men weren't leaders? Shit thats what I advocate for. And Im not understanding how that correlates to my response to your "women knew their place" comment. Unless you basically saying men being leaders equals oppressing women or "putting them in their place" as you said.

Yall like to associate traditional gender roles with negativity because thats whats been programmed on you. You can have men being leaders and traditional gender roles without it being an abusive patriarchy like yall swear we have now. Tell me, we were much better off internally as a community were we not?

Last, a lot of yall like to harp about making the community a better place. Well there are those of us out here doing it. You really only get that from the same kind of leadership and structure minded men yall like to accuse of being oppresive so much.

No, Im not off, it just doesnt fit the narrative you support. The church used to cornerstones of our communities and not the chaotic cash cows they are now. We weren't outcasting our lgbt ppl, was it perfect? No, many didnt agree with the lifestyle but for the most part we always been live and let live kinda ppl. Yall stay trying to rewrite shit.

When did I pretend black men weren't leaders? Shit thats what I advocate for. And Im not understanding how that correlates to my response to your "women knew their place" comment. Unless you basically saying men being leaders equals oppressing women or "putting them in their place" as you said.

Yall like to associate traditional gender roles with negativity because thats whats been programmed on you. You can have men being leaders and traditional gender roles without it being an abusive patriarchy like yall swear we have now. Tell me, we were much better off internally as a community were we not?

Last, a lot of yall like to harp about making the community a better place. Well there are those of us out here doing it. You really only get that from the same kind of leadership and structure minded men yall like to accuse of being oppresive so much.

Not against gender roles but also saying folks need to do what works for them it ain’t some formula. I ain’t gonna assume but I feel like you one of those folks who think feminism by white women played into the dysfunction in our community. Again most of my criticism here was about the church. But you just ignored me saying women still view men as leaders but also want respect. But you view that as wrong.
And you don’t have to be a conservative person to give back to the black community. How do you define conservative?

Not against gender roles but also saying folks need to do what works for them it ain’t some formula. I ain’t gonna assume but I feel like you one of those folks who think feminism by white women played into the dysfunction in our community. Again most of my criticism here was about the church. But you just ignored me saying women still view men as leaders but also want respect. But you view that as wrong.
And you don’t have to be a conservative person to give back to the black community. How do you define conservative?

I wholeheartedly agree wirh whatever works best and not cookie cutter. And thats how our community was. Ppl did what worked for them in their household but there were base gender roles that were accepted.

Now we have a twisted and misconstrued view of gender roles, but still want men to do traditional men shit when its beneficial.

Yes ,I very much am one of those ppl. Feminism was never about sisterhood amd equality of women. This is all documented fact if you put the pieces together. From the first wave where they wanted black women for their numbers but didnt fuck with them outside of that (even making them march behind them during demonstrations) to the 70s where you had the like of gloria steinem with her CIA agent ass. Feminism was and always have been about white women wanting he same level of power and status as their white men. You dont see white women in droves supporting issues specific to black women. Hell they even bitched about "why is blacl girl magic" a thing. Thats a power struggle between them. We aint ever had any power to fight over.

Conservatism involve having traditional beliefs. Its come to be synonymous with hatred and bigotry by far left leaning p.

Me, Im conserative some things, liberal om others. I believe in family and strong men leading the community and their households, and that does not include abuse and oppresion.

Im also and whatever works for you kinda guy so long as it aint to anyone elses detriment.

And thats what I have a huge problem with. Ppl wanna be all the way right or left when neither side has all the answers to the ills of society. But I still stand by thinga were better for us as a community before going so far left. Shouldve stayed closer to the middle

Well whiLe there are many coons and FLAGgots thats a pipe dream unfortunately like 12percent or so of Black men will fit that mold half ..haha

A couple of yall have said black men and black folks tend to be conservative.. can we get a clearer definition on what yall mean by conservative cuz im not sure what yall mean when you say that @Dwayne @The Lonious Monk

Black people tend to be in line with conservatives on things like gun control, immigration, and other things that fall in line with Christian ideology, especially in the South.

Conservatism really just comes down to a resistance to change. A lot of our people feel that way. We just tend not to be as brutal as white people about it and are more willing to change our opinions when we realize the change isn't a threat to us.

Black people tend to be in line with conservatives on things like gun control, immigration, and other things that fall in line with Christian ideology, especially in the South.

Conservatism really just comes down to a resistance to change. A lot of our people feel that way. We just tend not to be as brutal as white people about it and are more willing to change our opinions when we realize the change isn't a threat to us.

props. do we think that's still the case with millennials and the generations after seemingly moving further and further away from the church?

The Democrats have been doing this to black women for years now, so the Republicans have decided to appeal to black men in response.

I came to post this myself.

I think it was LBJ that said something similar about Black folks back inna day to get us to flip to Democrats. Prior to him, Black folks were overwhelmingly Republican because the GOP was the party of slavery abolition and civil rights and the Dems were the party of the southern racists.

Back