Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO True Detective: Night Country

Starting to think s1 was a fluke. I just havent been interested these last 2 seasons. S3 is a huge improvement on s2 and I dont mind this season, but something is missing. Idk what's not quite curling over for me, but it just ain't. These last 2 eps better deliver otherwise I might have to be done with this shit yo.

Maybe this season would have been better received if we didnt have to wait a week to figure out wtf is going on.

Some shows are better binged. *shrugs*

Starting to think s1 was a fluke. I just havent been interested these last 2 seasons. S3 is a huge improvement on s2 and I dont mind this season, but something is missing. Idk what's not quite curling over for me, but it just ain't. These last 2 eps better deliver otherwise I might have to be done with this shit yo.
the problem, at least from what i've seen about the comparisons with 1 & 3 is that the setting in Louisiana was special

lol

i mean, im sure there are plenty of bumfuck places all over the USA, but that setting mixed with the story, that shit could've been a documentary

rural arkansas is just fucking country with no character like where they shot it in Louisiana

the problem, at least from what i've seen about the comparisons with 1 & 3 is that the setting in Louisiana was special

lol

i mean, im sure there are plenty of bumfuck places all over the USA, but that setting mixed with the story, that shit could've been a documentary

rural arkansas is just fucking country with no character like where they shot it in Louisiana

You Got A Valid Point There But Any Good Director Would've Made The Location An Integral Part Of The Story And The Place Itself Would Become A Character If It's Shot Properly...This Season Sorely Missed The Talents Of Cary Fukunaga

But To Me One Of The Biggest Differences Between Season 1 & 3 Are The Allusions To H.P. Lovecraft Literature IE Mentions Of "Carcosa" And "Yellow King' That Gave The Show A More Mysterious Grim Edge That The New Season Lacks.....That Season Was Far More Layered And Dense In It's Storytelling ....Where This One Seems To Be A Little More Straight Forward...Which I Find A Bit Of Letdown

***Apologies For The Clifford Harris Post Above***

Last edited:
Tonight's episode was pretty dope. Big step up from previous eps. Gettin to the finale tho.

Did they ever say what happened to the wife? I assume she died, just dont know if its cuz she got sick or was killed or what.

Tonight's episode was pretty dope. Big step up from previous eps. Gettin to the finale tho.

Did they ever say what happened to the wife? I assume she died, just dont know if its cuz she got sick or was killed or what.
She OD'd in Vegas

I think he made a deal with the hoyts to quit the force and not investigate further, but he forgot. That's why that car is outside his house.

The Wife's Death Will Probably Be Some Sort Of Shocking Reveal

Also, Did Anybody Notice Purple Hayes Dropping Off His Daughter At College Didn't Belong To Normal 3 Timelines?

Wayne Looked To Young To Be In The 2015 But Too Old To Be In 1990

I wonder what significance that had. They did a callback to that as well later in the episode when he was older and mistook the other young lady as his daughter

Back