Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO True Detective: Night Country

I've seen some of the dislike for finale online and me and some of my boys wondering what else did folks want? A big ass conspiracy or something? Shit was really just a big ass accident. Covered all bases. Found out what happened to the boy, Julie still alive and happy. Season 1 will always be the best. But this was good.

We calling nic pizzolato a 1 hit wonder or nah?
The thing is, with Nic, he's the head writer and for that I think he does a pretty good job.

For Season 1, he worked exclusively with Cary Fukunaga or however you spell it. Nic Wrote the season (with others of course) and Cary directed every episode. Both of them were producers so it was a joint project.

For Season 2, he wrote it, but almost every episode was directed by somebody else and you could tell it really messed up the vibe of the story.

The ONLY reason it got renewed for a season 3, is because HBO put in his contract that he was to collaborate with One director for the whole season. They even asked him to get a new show runner and he just write the shit. He signed the deal and Jeremy Saulnier (Green Room/Blue Ruin/Murder Party) was signed on to direct every episode. They got the first 2 out of the way but didnt agree on things and Jeremy took off. They got that Daniel Sackheim guy to take over directing duties but also gave Nic a couple episodes to direct as well. I think Jeremy taking off had a effect on the lackluster episodes/build ups.

Its not that Nic is bad, hes obviously a great writer, but he's not a director. Or he at least shouldnt use a fan favorite show like True Detective to dip his toes into directing. His vision works best when he collaborates with a director with a good amount of experience.

I still got faith in the guy and hoping production on season 4 works as great as they were able to on Season 1. I had complaints about Season 3, but overall i still think it was a great and very watchable season. When you have to live up to Season 1 though I can see how some folks would be very disappointed. Most shows in general, season 1 is always the best season though. That season is the reason why people love TV shows. Very rarely will a show of any kind get better reviews on seasons after 1

And while we at it they might as well give us that season with melissa leo and jessica chastain like they talked about a few years ago.

The setting of S1 played a big part in its success as well. That part of Louisiana is atmospheric AF.

S2 was in some fictional city in California that was bland.

S3 had wack ass Arkansas. I'm originally from South Carolina and even I turned my nose up at that shit.

Last edited:
Season 1 was just an anomaly. Some of the best tv ever made.
We gotta start judgimg these on theroir own. By no means was this bad or I mad I watched it. It was a good season. It did feel a little anti climactic, like the build up was greater then the release, but this isn't an action movie so I shouldn't be expecting all that

The only other city I can see coming close to what Louisiana brought to season 1 is NYC in the 70s

So the lil boy who had a crush on ol girl just recognized her out the blue like 15 years later? And wifed it? They were bugging with that shit. Rest of the episode was on point.

So the lil boy who had a crush on ol girl just recognized her out the blue like 15 years later? And wifed it? They were bugging with that shit. Rest of the episode was on point.
When you know, you know

I think I'd recognize the little girl I had a crush on that went missing and pretty much killed the town I grew up in.

I think I'd recognize the little girl I had a crush on that went missing and pretty much killed the town I grew up in.

You recognize her now nigga? I doubt it. You can apply this shit. You wanna suspend enough disbelief cool. But that was some bullshit and you know it.

When's the last time you niggas ran into someone you haven't seen since grade 2 and recognized them?. Save the lies. It's a rhetorical question.

I've recognized people I only went to first grade before. I would especially recognize my crush. Even more so if her disappearance meant my town was effectively destroyed

When's the last time you niggas ran into someone you haven't seen since grade 2 and recognized them?. Save the lies. It's a rhetorical question.
i do all the time, but thats just the memory i have fam

my school was pretty small by some kids standards so its not hard at all. If I sit down and actually think, i could name at least 10 kids in my second grade class first names and last just off the top of my head. If i see the yearbook, all their names and faces come back to me instantly

shrugs

Back