Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Toxic Masculinity vs Healthy Masculinity

I'll contribute to the thread later. Just bumped into this thread earlier , thought I'd drop it in here.

The behavior people are atributing to toxic masculinity is not masculine behavior.

Its rude, childish, etc, there a lot of other terms do describe it but it aint masculine.

The whole toxic thing is social engineering bullshit. If masculinity can be defined as toxic then why has toxic feminity not been trending?

The behavior people are atributing to toxic masculinity is not masculine behavior.

Its rude, childish, etc, there a lot of other terms do describe it but it aint masculine.

The whole toxic thing is social engineering bullshit. If masculinity can be defined as toxic then why has toxic feminity not been trending?

That's part of it though. Many of those "childish" behaviors people attribute to being seen as a "man". Think about some of the shit we grew up with thinking you have to measure your manhood by...then think about how much some of that shit actually matters in the grand scheme of actually being a man.

That's part of it though. Many of those "childish" behaviors people attribute to being seen as a "man". Think about some of the shit we grew up with thinking you have to measure your manhood by...then think about how much some of that shit actually matters in the grand scheme of actually being a man.

That all comes from a misunderstanding of masculinity really is about. Not only that, just look at how every little thing becomes this so called toxic masculinity. Slowly but surely men are being programmed to become more docile.

Its a bunch of bullshit and some people are falling for it.

That all comes from a misunderstanding of masculinity really is about. Not only that, just look at how every little thing becomes this so called toxic masculinity. Slowly but surely men are being programmed to become more docile.

Its a bunch of bullshit and some people are falling for it.

You're over exaggerating which really does hurt these discussions when shit really does get mentioned that isn't "toxic". No all shit men do isn't being labeled as toxic...but some of the ideals we were raised with on how men are "supposed" to act aren't good for men period. Fuck how it affects our interactions with women or other people. The shit period isn't good for us mentally or emotionally...and niggas will deny that shit like when the evidence is clear in front of them.

You're over exaggerating which really does hurt these discussions when shit really does get mentioned that isn't "toxic". No all shit men do isn't being labeled as toxic...but some of the ideals we were raised with on how men are "supposed" to act aren't good for men period. Fuck how it affects our interactions with women or other people. The shit period isn't good for us mentally or emotionally...and niggas will deny that shit like when the evidence is clear in front of them.

How am I over exaggerating anything? What I stated is exactly whats going on.

And why nit just call the shit toxic behavior, which it is by definition?

Why the connection to men/masculinity? Its obvious as fuck. Again yall fallin for the shit.

You're over exaggerating because as i said, it's not every thing men do that's being deemed as toxic. And people call it toxic masculinity because some of the behaviors that are being deemed bad are at times used by some to determine how much of a man somebody is or isn't. The shit ain't a hard concept to grasp. On the one hand niggas are saying that the ideals of masculinity are being drowned out...but when it comes to critiquing certain behaviors that go along with being masculine now all of a sudden it' "Well why does it have to be masculine? WHy can't it just be general"...you can't have it both ways.

You're over exaggerating because as i said, it's not every thing men do that's being deemed as toxic. And people call it toxic masculinity because some of the behaviors that are being deemed bad are at times used by some to determine how much of a man somebody is or isn't. The shit ain't a hard concept to grasp. On the one hand niggas are saying that the ideals of masculinity are being drowned out...but when it comes to critiquing certain behaviors that go along with being masculine now all of a sudden it' "Well why does it have to be masculine? WHy can't it just be general"...you can't have it both ways.

The whole idea of misunderstanding that certain toxic behaviors equal manhood is one thing. This whole dialogue around so called toxic masculinity is something else and you're either willfully ignorant or really don't get it.

I have no problem addressing our misunderstandings on what being a man really is i.e. toxic behavior. But I aint with this whole toxic masculinity label becuase of the context in which its used in society. It clearly exists to serve a specific agenda.

The whole idea of misunderstanding that certain toxic behaviors equal manhood is one thing. This whole dialogue around so called toxic masculinity is something else and you're either willfully ignorant or really don't get it.

I have no problem addressing our misunderstandings on what being a man really is i.e. toxic behavior. But I aint with this whole toxic masculinity label becuase of the context in which its used in society. It clearly exists to serve a specific agenda.

So you agree that certain behaviors are toxic for men, you just don't like it being called toxic masculinity? That's just being nit picky as fuck for no reason. I know what the dialogue around toxic masculinity is and I don't agree with all or even most of the shit that comes from the loudest, and often most wrong, people who rant and rave about it. That doesn't mean that I don't recognize what the actual point of the discussion is and recognize that certain things we are taught as young boys about being a man and manhood in general aren't really good for you as a person.

If masculinity can be defined as toxic then why has toxic feminity not been trending?
Because for the past 60 years, women have seized the opportunity to criticize a truly heinous patriarchal society. Men have never had to fight back against destructive or oppressive matriarchy because it never existed.

But after 60 years of "men are the problem, give women more rights" the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction in many aspects of society. In relationships, in family matters, and in social atmospheres, women have created a way to use their womanhood to achieve unfair advantages.

They do what white people accuse us of "pulling the race card", expect they really do it. A few months ago we were talking about Black Panther, Race came in with her own opinion, most disagreed with her, and she immediately went to "y'all just disagree with me because I'm a black woman!"

Back