Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Top 10 Female R&B Singers

Nah i would wait till atleast tuesday to close it up. Some posters only post on the weekdays on here.

Gwen Dickey (Rose Royce)
Teena Marie
Martha Reeves (The Vandellas)
Barbara Lewis
Deniece Williams
Linda Jones
Patrice Rushen
Patti Hamilton (The Lovelites)
Barbara Mason
Lady Wray

1. Pattie Labelle
2. Aretha Franklin
3. Whitney Houston
4. Mary J Blige
5. Anita Baker
6. Sade
7. E. Badu
8. Chaka Khan
9. Beyonce
10. Jill Scott

Gwen Dickey (Rose Royce)
Teena Marie
Martha Reeves (The Vandellas)
Barbara Lewis
Deniece Williams
Linda Jones
Patrice Rushen
Patti Hamilton (The Lovelites)
Barbara Mason
Lady Wray

This dude went oldies heavy, I don't even know some of these

I think that's all the lists we're going to get. I'll do the math later and post the results by tomorrow.

First of all, Erykah Badu is the best singer out right now. I've posted Stay by Rufus feat Chaka Khan, and then I've posted Erykah Badu's version. She tears that song up!!!

1. Billie Holiday
2. Ella Fitzgerald
3. Aretha Franklin
4. Whitney Houston
5. Erykah Badu
6. Anita Baker
7. Lauryn
8. Patti Labelle
9. Sade
10. Chaka Khan

Last edited:
Final Standings:
1. Whitney Houston(82)
2. Aretha Franklin(59)
3. Patti Labelle(54)
4. Beyonce(48)
5. Mariah Carey(47)
6. Mary J Blige(44)
7. Anita Baker(43)
8. Sade(41)
9. Erykah Badu(33)
10. Jill Scott(28)

10. Lauryn Hill(28)

Points received in parenthesis

Last edited:
Yall know damn well yall aint in the whip listening to patti, ima chill.

I'll be back tomorrow to roast yall mfs

The lack of appreciation for Chaka Khan was a bit surprising.

Outside of Respect I don’t know any Arthea songs y’all nigs just put her in your top ten because your parents told you to. I can’t see her shit just being in the whip rotation.

I dont bump any aretha but i will put on some Etta James before most artists listed in here

Outside of Respect I don’t know any Arthea songs y’all nigs just put her in your top ten because your parents told you to. I can’t see her shit just being in the whip rotation.

Nigga's whole list is like that. Nigga's on some robot shit.

We all know u aint riding around listening to patti labelle fam, who u think u foolin with that shit.

Nigga's whole list is like that. Nigga's on some robot shit.

We all know u aint riding around listening to patti labelle fam, who u think u foolin with that shit.

What does not listening to them in the car have to do with them being top singers.

What does not listening to them in the car have to do with them being top singers.

Or in the kitchen or whereever. I aint believing yall niggas is sitting around listening to patti. I guarantee if I go into the "what u listening to now" thread not one of u niggas posted some patti shit. Niggas gotta stop frontin lol like homie said, niggas just listing a whole bunch of all artists their relatives told em were good.

Niggas do the same shit with hip hop. Don't nobody post no scarface songs, but all of a sudden he top .

Same with the book thread i just made, in 2 plus years we might've gotten 3 mfs to talk about books, I make a thread now all of a sudden everybody loves books more than movies, gtfoh. Niggas love frontin this shit's a sickness.

Back