Welcome To aBlackWeb

Thoughts?

Idk man. I never thought like this.

Like I never thought i had to make sure the chick going out with me cause she interested and not for a meal.

Not like we spending a grip on a first day.

Like so what if I spend $40-$60 on her and it turn out I dont like her or she dont like me?

Im supposed to trip over $40-$60?

Like i said. It was never something I considered.

I bet most dudes dont either.

Facts like I like to go out yo eat because I like food if she just using me for a meal and we don’t speak like that that’s one date

That's always been a thing it just wasn't as publicized like everything has now become because of social media.

You might be right. I guess it's just not something I ever experienced. It seems so blatant now, and I'm not even up on social media. I'm just talking about what I hear from other people.

You might be right. I guess it's just not something I ever experienced. It seems so blatant now, and I'm not even up on social media. I'm just talking about what I hear from other people.

I'm older than you and I heard that in my teens. Verbatim I've heard women say "I'm just going out with him for a meal and some drinks. He cool but I don't like him like that".

Also I don't have social media pages but shit is posted here and gets shown to me. Which is how I've seen it on social media but I've seen it more in my life experiences

It should also be noted that this question is probably coming up more and more because with basically a generation and a half thats grown up with social media interactions being how they meet alot of people, they aint going on dates like that anymore. Ive seen alot of young women and women in the mid 30s say they've never actually been out on a real date, been given flowers, etc...and it's wild as hell.

Then that brings to question the type of female they are. You have to be a certain woman of standard and show a certain level of respectability and character in order to get to the candy, flowers, wining and dining. No random chick you first met should ever get that treatment so quickly.

This is why I use the word “date” sparingly. In reality most first dates are just “we chillin”

If I meet a chick and she seems cool, she can meet me (or I’ll pick her up) at the local coffee shop or deli. I’ll order my food….she orders hers

Afterwards we can chill in the whip and listen to music/talk. We can even go for a small walk. The entire interaction can last maybe an hour and a half. This is just the FIRST date. Shit don’t gotta be an all day event.

But like @SneakDZA implied I’m a Brooklyn kid so that’s just what I’m used to. I never had an issue with this. It’s like people expect the first date to be some awe-inspiring fairy tale.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
It should also be noted that this question is probably coming up more and more because with basically a generation and a half thats grown up with social media interactions being how they meet alot of people, they aint going on dates like that anymore. Ive seen alot of young women and women in the mid 30s say they've never actually been out on a real date, been given flowers, etc...and it's wild as hell.

Ain’t gonna well to ya I haven’t brought flowers at all as an adult I go on dates but just never did that

I'm older than you and I heard that in my teens. Verbatim I've heard women say "I'm just going out with him for a meal and some drinks. He cool but I don't like him like that".

Also I don't have social media pages but shit is posted here and gets shown to me. Which is how I've seen it on social media but I've seen it more in my life experiences

I see what you're saying. I guess I was looking at it a little different. That comment you posted seems more like chicks treating free meals as a benefit of what they consider to be a platonic friendship. Like you said, that's always been common. I guess I was thinking more of like the instances where chicks meet a dude, accept the date for the free food, and then ghost him. I never really heard of that kinda thing happening until now. Not to say that it never did.

Ain’t gonna well to ya I haven’t brought flowers at all as an adult I go on dates but just never did that

Covid fuck my flower game up. I would buy my wife flowers from the folks selling flowers outside of the train station on my way home. When covid hit and folks worked from home for 2 years they never came back.

I still can't believe dutch is a common term. The only Dutch I knew was vanilla dutches son. The Rastas told me stop fucking with dutches. And I've been a fronto & grabba nigga since.
Word up😁

I see what you're saying. I guess I was looking at it a little different. That comment you posted seems more like chicks treating free meals as a benefit of what they consider to be a platonic friendship. Like you said, that's always been common. I guess I was thinking more of like the instances where chicks meet a dude, accept the date for the free food, and then ghost him. I never really heard of that kinda thing happening until now. Not to say that it never did.

It's nothing platonic about it. The dude wants her, she doesn't want him and she thinks since he cool she'll go the date knowing from the get go he wants more than what she is willing to give. So he either leaves her alone or friendzones himself.

It's all the same thing whether she talks to him again or not. Cause her goal was the free meal

East New York/Bushwick/Canarsie

And yes, it’s how I grew up in Brooklyn and I still apply it everywhere I go

I’ve had plenty of dates in my car or somewhere it was comfortable to sit or stand.

Any bodega or small deli/coffee shop was perfect

As for who pays….I always pay for mine….a lot of times she would offer to pay for mine

Yo this sounds crazy.

I hope you find ya one tho king.

I've gone dutch before.

It's actually not bad for two guarded people who want to get to know each other but are wary about perceived implications regarding the person who pays.

A lotta dudes hate feeling taken advantage of.
A lotta chicks hate the obligation of sex for a meal.

If Both parties paying for themselves, that alleviates that anxiety if either of them were feeling it.
And not a bad suggestion for a first date considering the times were in 🤷🏿‍♂️

Alonzo Mourning clip.gif

Only time I was pressed after a date was me and my girl had broken up a few times and wanted to "start fresh" so we do the lil first date thing. But really I just wanted to fuck. We were 2 years in. She fixed my ass right up that night buying the most expensive shit then instead of coming back to the crib as usual she gonna go to her little gay friends spot down the street. Man I wanted to flip the fucking table over. I was sick. Broke up with her again the next day. I was still mad. 🤷🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤣😂😭

Back