Welcome To aBlackWeb

Thoughts?

I prefer small delis or coffee shops as first dates. A lot of times we would chill in my car outside of the store

You pay for your food and I’ll pay for mine. Not spending money on other people I know I might have no interest in seeing again

Most of the time she’s always willing to pay for my food regardless. Money was never a factor when it came to dates

These chicks always coming up with some new term.

Going Dutch isn't a new term. Shits been around for a long ass time. In the instance of this "conversation" in the OP it's not technically a bad idea but that don't mean it's the smartest either. You ask you pay. It should be that simple. There's plenty ways to go on a date and not spend money or limit his spending if that's what he's worried about.

I prefer small delis or coffee shops as first dates. A lot of times we would chill in my car outside of the store

You pay for your food and I’ll pay for mine. Not spending money on other people I know I might have no interest in seeing again

Most of the time she’s always willing to pay for my food regardless. Money was never a factor when it came to dates

Wait... you would take a first date to hang out in your car and eat bodega sammiches that she paid for?

Are you from flatbush? That sounds like flatbushian behaviour.

Wait... you would take a first date to hang out in your car and eat bodega sammiches that she paid for?

East New York/Bushwick/Canarsie

And yes, it’s how I grew up in Brooklyn and I still apply it everywhere I go

I’ve had plenty of dates in my car or somewhere it was comfortable to sit or stand.

Any bodega or small deli/coffee shop was perfect

As for who pays….I always pay for mine….a lot of times she would offer to pay for mine

Last edited:
Going Dutch isn't a new term. Shits been around for a long ass time. In the instance of this "conversation" in the OP it's not technically a bad idea but that don't mean it's the smartest either. You ask you pay. It should be that simple. There's plenty ways to go on a date and not spend money or limit his spending if that's what he's worried about.
I just new it as "splitting the bill."🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: GNS
Idk man. I never thought like this.

Like I never thought i had to make sure the chick going out with me cause she interested and not for a meal.

Not like we spending a grip on a first day.

Like so what if I spend $40-$60 on her and it turn out I dont like her or she dont like me?

Im supposed to trip over $40-$60?

Like i said. It was never something I considered.

I bet most dudes dont either.

Not saying it’s a crime to pay for your date. If you want to go ahead. But for a first date don’t be the dude trying hard to come out your wallet

Don’t lead with your pockets. Keep it simple. I like to be around women who can show they can take care of their own little stuff

Last edited:

Mans going on dates while on the clock working for uber. I respect the hustle.

I have said this multiple times though.
People are not creative with their dates. If money is a worry, there are plenty of free or low cost activities.

Also, I never dated a women that i felt is out for a free meal.
If you get vibes like that from someone, maybe up your standards. Most times, you can spot those type of people after a convo

I could never feel used because I paid for a meal and she doesn't like me or feel like I wasted my time after paying for a meal and I realize I don't like her.
76d63f9f-43b2-4abf-ae76-39a0df15a646_text.gif

Idk man. I never thought like this.

Like I never thought i had to make sure the chick going out with me cause she interested and not for a meal.

Not like we spending a grip on a first day.

Like so what if I spend $40-$60 on her and it turn out I dont like her or she dont like me?

Im supposed to trip over $40-$60?

Like i said. It was never something I considered.

I bet most dudes dont either.

This. If I was interested in a chick, spending the money on a first date was never a big deal to me. That said, I don't think chicks using dates to get free meals was really a thing when I was still dating. Back then, if chicks wasn't feeling you, they'd shut you down quick. You weren't getting a first date.

This. If I was interested in a chick, spending the money on a first date was never a big deal to me. That said, I don't think chicks using dates to get free meals was really a thing when I was still dating. Back then, if chicks wasn't feeling you, they'd shut you down quick. You weren't getting a first date.

That's always been a thing it just wasn't as publicized like everything has now become because of social media.

It should also be noted that this question is probably coming up more and more because with basically a generation and a half thats grown up with social media interactions being how they meet alot of people, they aint going on dates like that anymore. Ive seen alot of young women and women in the mid 30s say they've never actually been out on a real date, been given flowers, etc...and it's wild as hell.

Now, women under 25 out here going Dutch but that's because they ain't really looking for a man to take care of them and they less of an innate lazy whore mentality.
I got asked out by a youngin and she said that dutch ish too.
It really is a whole new world outchea. Granted she asked me out and by new nigga rules she should be paying but all that crap is still new to me.

I don't think chicks using dates to get free meals was really a thing when I was still dating.
It's a thing now.
Hoes is hungry mayne lol

It's sad that so many of these people of this generation are growing up in an environment where every relationship they have is transactional. So the majority of them have this mindset of trying to get over on a person before said person gets over on them.

Real relationships, friendships and bonds can never be formed under those types of conditions. Shit is fucked up.

Last edited:
Back