Welcome To aBlackWeb

them scientific questions that always bother you.

Very interesting answer is the whole debate worth watching? Shits over 2 hrs

I thought ppl always thought the universe began with the big bang

I could reason the big bang could have happened and caused by a creator so i never felt it contradicted the possibility of a god

What i cant wrap my head around is before time, space and matter was created what was there?

In 1927, a catholic priest was the first to propose the Universe was expanding. In 1929, Hubble was the first to observe this fact. In the 60’s, the CMB (cosmic microwave background) was discovered by accident.

So, it’s a fairly new idea, in the overall timescale of humanity, that the Universe began which they call “the Big Bang”.

Before then, during the time of Newton and whatnot, it was supposed that the Universe was static, aka eternal.

The comprehension of God existing outside of space, time and matter is “inconceivable” because we don’t understand what that truly means to our minds.

The comprehension of God existing outside of space, time and matter is “inconceivable” because we don’t understand what that truly means to our minds.
It makes me wonder though. Before God created our 'experience' wtf else was he doing? Did he have a purpose before these creations? And if not would he still be considered a god if he had no creation to look over? Or did God only become God once he created us? And if he only became God once he created us, what was he considered before he became God?

Obviously those cant be answered but its something to think about

Looking for a God and answers about him in a scientific world seems pointless.

We are nothing but evolved bacteria

scientific laws = cause & effect

law of gravity
law of thermodynamics
etc

so, if there is laws, there is a law giver

if there is effects, there is a cause, there is a causer

in the end, no matter how you try to work science against God, it cannot be done. God is the creator of the science being explained.

Newton was a believer in God and he was able to explain gravity, he never once said, “explained gravity, there’s now no need for God!” Actually, science made him appreciate God even more.

Science and religion need to KILL the idea that they’re opposing subjects, because they’re not. We have the science today thanks TO religious people. They were the ones who pursued science because they knew it point to God and they wanted to discover how so. Atheists of the time weren’t scientists like they are today. It’s now flip flopped in modern times.

law of gravity
law of thermodynamics
etc

in the end, no matter how you try to work science against God, it cannot be done. God is the creator of the science being explained.

Newton was a believer in God and he was able to explain gravity, he never once said, “explained gravity, there’s now no need for God!” Actually, science made him appreciate God even more.

Science and religion need to KILL the idea that they’re opposing subjects, because they’re not. We have the science today thanks TO religious people. They were the ones who pursued science because they knew it point to God and they wanted to discover how so. Atheists of the time weren’t scientists like they are today. It’s now flip flopped in modern times.
It was a lot of science that was snubbed out because of religion.

Sooooo
All thus chatting in here and no one said shit about recent development?

So a black hole supposed to be so powerful(gravity) that not even light can escape.

Yet its flashing.

can’t escape the hole itself... but the stuff surrounding the hole can be seen... so that’s where the flash is thought to be coming from... friction = radiation = bright flash

it happens but not to the scale seen in this one

law of gravity
law of thermodynamics
etc

Just because we dont know everything does not mean there is a GOD.

But if u find comfort in saying that all is well i guess.

And there was science far before the bible existed.

Lost civilizations mapped the cosmos thousands of years ago. If u look into human history ancient civilizations across the globe basically used astronomy as their "religion"

And there was science far before the bible existed.

Lost civilizations mapped the cosmos thousands of years ago. If u look into human history ancient civilizations across the globe basically used astronomy as their "religion"

Yup, I agree. I’m not saying science was invented from the Bible, though, I’m saying science is within the Bible.

Just because we dont know everything does not mean there is a GOD.

But if u find comfort in saying that all is well i guess.

The point isn’t because “we don’t know”, the point is the evidence points to a God.

It is a fact our Universe had a beginning.

A beginning has a beginner.

Evidence lines up to there being a God.

I do not subscribe to a “God of the gaps” idea at all.

We dont even know for sure if our universe had a begining or is cyclical.

And "evidence" only "points to a god" if u choose to believe in that sort of thing.

I dont see how anything is providing evidence of a god.

We dont even know for sure if our universe had a begining or is cyclical.

And "evidence" only "points to a god" if u choose to believe in that sort of thing.

I dont see how anything is providing evidence of a god.

Big Bang = beginning. Because it’s expanding, we can reverse that, when they do, the Universe comes back down to a single point called the “singularity”. An insanely small, dense and hot point the size of an atom. A beginning.

There’s no other running explanation other than fun theories to try to unexplain the beginning. Scientists actually willingly admit they don’t like the beginning explanation because beginnings require beginners. They understand it points to an intelligent mind, so they play around w ideas... string theory, dimensions, big bounce etc

As for evidence pointing to God:

Fine tuning of the Universe
DNA
Laws of Nature
Law of Causality
Law of Thermodynamics
Anthropic Constants
Consciousness

and so on...

I’m not trying to be the smarty-pants or the arrogant a-hole, but I’m just simply presenting what I see and what I know from my studies and research. I’m far from being a scientist but based on my studies, it seems to really point to a Creator. It takes more faith to believe that nothing came into everything that we know.

Back