Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

She ain’t the only one fat sergeant saved Bubbles life by letting him slide w that murder
Fair statement cause I like Bunny and Lester

kima is the only cop I remember who played it straight all the way thru. Even when they beat the shit out of bodi, you can at least say, he did pop a cop

I respect her Not compromising to get her target was wha I meant

Kima was the only respectable cop on the show. I always forget Bunk did this

funnny enough, been meaning to find out how everybody felt about Daniels

was he a sellout? Company man? or just responsible?

‘Sometimes things just gotta play hard.’

I don’t wanna let her off the hook though. Kimah engaged in blatant police brutality on more than one occasion.

I get what you saying and I tend to agree that she’s the LEAST morally-bankrupt cop on the whole fuckin’ show.

Used to hate how McNulty always got so much screentime.............but I understand it now.

McNulty was always all about the job.

Only thing that fucked him up was the politics of the job always got in his way.

That's why he was so happy at the end of the Season 3 Finale when he was just a beat cop again and didn't have to deal with all the bullshit anymore.

Last edited:
Used to hate how McNulty always got so much screentime.............but I understand it now.

McNulty was always all about the job.

Only thing that fucked him up was the politics of the job always got in his way.

That's why was so happy at the end of the Season 3 Finale when he was just a beat cop again and didn't have to deal with all the bullshit anymore.

"Good Police"

I've watched the show back when it was originally released so it felt fresh watching it then. Did the show feel dated for you or was it as good as expected?
To answer your question, I actually enjoyed how "dated" the show was using pagers, pay phones and the early versions of cell phones. It made for character development.
I will say though the writing is top notch. I won't dispute anybody saying it's one of the greatest shows ever.
To be completely honest, I enjoyed the street shit way more than the other shit. Those scenes were tense and had consequences depending on a certain decision or things leading up to it. It was like watching live action chess.
Nobody really above that got hit with any real life shit except for Kima getting shot.
I was ___ this close to not finishing after like I think the 3rd or 4th episode of season one when Omar got introduced and it started with the "other shit". I was like here we go. Luckily he's so good of a character that his sexuality takes a backseat and morals/code are the highlight for him.

A few of my favorite characters from the show in no order.
Avon - when he checked Marlo in prison. Had that boy looking like a #2. And when he looked out for Cutty when he was looking for money for the gym.
Slim Charles - when he rocked Cheese in regards to Prop Joe.
Omar - this dude got too many good scenes.
Daniels - every scene he's in was commanding.
Bubbles - was proud he got his happy ending.
Michael - "you look good, girl"
Lester - was one of my favorites until season 5.
Wee-Bey - him and his fish lol

A few of my favorite characters from the show in no order.
Avon - when he checked Marlo in prison. Had that boy looking like a #2. And when he looked out for Cutty when he was looking for money for the gym.
Slim Charles - when he rocked Cheese in regards to Prop Joe.
Omar - this dude got too many good scenes.
Daniels - every scene he's in was commanding.
Bubbles - was proud he got his happy ending.
Michael - "you look good, girl"
Lester - was one of my favorites until season 5.
Wee-Bey - him and his fish lol

This would probably be any Wire fan's list, my included. But I also fucked wit some of the smaller characters as well.

Norman(RIP) was fukn great as Carcetti's right hand man.

Tho the news paper angle wasn't the greatest, Gus was a dope ass character too.

This would probably be any Wire fan's list, my included. But I also fucked wit some of the smaller characters as well.

Norman(RIP) was fukn great as Carcetti's right hand man.

Tho the news paper angle wasn't the greatest, Gus was a dope ass character too.
Norman kept it way too real. He was definitely written well.
Oh I can't forget about Butchie. Talk about a friend to the end. When Omar got that news, I was like oh shit. Man I really wanted him to knock Marlo off.

This show has iconic characters. Every single show these actors have gone on to do after the wire just makes you think of them on the wire.

This show isn't for people who need shit to happen every sec. It's one of the best slow burn shows I can think of.

Norman kept it way too real. He was definitely written well.
Oh I can't forget about Butchie. Talk about a friend to the end. When Omar got that news, I was like oh shit. Man I really wanted him to knock Marlo off.
It was crazy how the hunted was now the hunted.
They set him up nice.

This show has iconic characters. Every single show these actors have gone on to do after the wire just makes you think of them on the wire.

This show isn't for people who need shit to happen every sec. It's one of the best slow burn shows I can think of.
Slow burn shows like this makes character's decisions make sense and not rushed. Plus we had some pretty good payoffs.
For example, when Butchie dies. Look how Omar reacted. He was normally calculated in how he wanted to get to somebody. But that shit had him way out of character because he was that hurt. Look at the people that died before, he never reacted like that. I wished he woulda waited to get healed.
But that in turn put Marlo's name on the line in the street. Them dudes didn't know who Marlo was in his last scene. That was his hell.

Slow burn shows like this makes character's decisions make sense and not rushed. Plus we had some pretty good payoffs.
For example, when Butchie dies. Look how Omar reacted. He was normally calculated in how he wanted to get to somebody. But that shit had him way out of character because he was that hurt. Look at the people that died before, he never reacted like that. I wished he woulda waited to get healed.
But that in turn put Marlo's name on the line in the street. Them dudes didn't know who Marlo was in his last scene. That was his hell.

It was also a call back to season 3 when Tasha got killed and how he took it.

And it was also the scene when Bunk got on him

The game is rigged man

:cry:

"But Marlo. This nigga and his kind man...they gotta fall. They gotta."

This is what Bodie was talking about and when Michael started to realize the same thing. No proof, but we merking whole families? TF?

I'm probably late because some vids are in here already, but if you haven't check out the Kel Ana channel on youtube. They got playlists of HD clips for all seasons of the Wire. They currently uploading season 5, but 1-4 are all up.

I liked how Slim Charles watched and took everything in. I just wished Prop Joe really listened to him about what Marlo was up to.

Back