Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

and I think mofos seriously underestimated Stringer's competence

he smashed D's girl on the low to keep an outside look on D to see where his head was at

Stringer also was the only dude willing to do what it took to elevate from the street bullshit

in the end, ego fucked him and Avon up because that's what made them eventually get off the same page

Avon knew Stringer essentially made the right call with killing D

and Stringer couldn't handle having Avon point out his limitations...........in the end Stringer got what he deserved but u can tell that Avon had serious regrets after Stringer's death was confirmed..........u could see that even Avon had grown a little and considered that maybe Stringer was right to try to elevate above the street shit

McNulty is a raging alcoholic. Just when you think he's kicked in the habit in Season 4, he's back on the wagon in Season 5. Bunk is about sick of his shit lol

Herc is the villain of Season 4. Ruined Randy's life. Ruining Bubble's life. He took so many L's this season.
If Herc had taken Bubble's concerns seriously, Bubbles would have never devised that plan to kill his bully and wouldn't have accidentally poisoned Sherrod

Missed this post....a black man outsmarted him and McNulty made it personal....season 2 shows you that niggas ain’t got shit to do w wholesale drug trafficking yet all McNulty can focus on is Stringer....he d actually would have made a difference if he focused on the CACs ...luckily season 5 somewhat brings that point home

McNulty wasn't focus on any real investigations in season 2 cuz he was on a boat bout to retire til Bunk and Lester convinced Daniels to let him back. Even Bunk and Lester knew a focused Jimmy could make some headway into the Greeks. But by the time he came back, the Greeks was already closing shop and switching up

I never understood why people liked Herc and Carver as characters. Their behaviors were shown in a laughable way but i couldn't get over the fact they represented police brutality. At least Carver showed some character development towards the end.

Herc was terrible. They offered some comic relief.

Watch the show again and you'll see Carver had some leadership ability albeit he was immature.

3rd season he gets around Colvin and Hamsterdam and you can see he starts to change.

4th season even though he improved he still wasn't natural police like McNulty.

Example Carver came on Bodie corner chopping it up and McNulty came and easily had the rapport laughing how Bodie beat the wiretap before telling Bodies crew they done for the day.

Carver did fuck up by giving randy to herc to help him out

and I think mofos seriously underestimated Stringer's competence

he smashed D's girl on the low to keep an outside look on D to see where his head was at

Stringer also was the only dude willing to do what it took to elevate from the street bullshit

in the end, ego fucked him and Avon up because that's what made them eventually get off the same page

Avon knew Stringer essentially made the right call with killing D

and Stringer couldn't handle having Avon point out his limitations...........in the end Stringer got what he deserved but u can tell that Avon had serious regrets after Stringer's death was confirmed..........u could see that even Avon had grown a little and considered that maybe Stringer was right to try to elevate above the street shit

I actually don't think it was an ego thing at all. The think the two just grew to have different goals that contradicted each other. Avon wanted to be a street hustler and that's all. He believed in that game and its rules and wasn't really interested in anything else. Stringer wanted to rise above simple street shit and believed it was ok to break those rules because he was beyond that game. The two got rid of each other because they both knew there was no way they could salvage their partnership.

Kima was the only respectable cop on the show. I always forget Bunk did this

funnny enough, been meaning to find out how everybody felt about Daniels

was he a sellout? Company man? or just responsible?

Back