Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

I understand Stringer stance towards D and the shit D was on but IMO D would've never snitched because of that convo he had with his mother and how that if he snitched his mother would be out here in the streets basically homeless with their family name being shit and folks taking literal and verbal shots at her. He didn't want that for his mother. I don't even think D factored in shit when it came to his kid and that decision.

You're off about #1 in a way.

Avon crew had the towers and the low rises and Marlo had some corners that had nothing to do with where Avon was running his show and getting money.

Once the towers got tore down which was Avon's biggest money maker he needed a new place to replace all that money. That new place was the corners that Marlo had built up that Avon never gave a fuck about because he had the towers and low rises.

So actually Avon started the shit with Marlo and became his comp. Marlo handled the shit accordingly. Avon beefing with Marlo gave Marlo everything he always wanted. Marlo wanted to wear the crown and Avon came fucking with him. So in the streets and to everybody watching Marlo ain't doing nothing but what a man should which stand up for himself and what he built and not just let a nigga come take something from him without a fight.

Damn, as much of a Wire-head as I am, I never considered the fact that Marlo was playing defense. But you're right. You even hear Avon comment on the situation. I think you just hear Marlo and Vincent and Chris and however else talk about wearing the crown so often, and the nigga just move so aggressive, that it gets put into your head that he's the one initially tryna make the power move.

Na. Didn't play out like that.

Interesting.

Given their ages avon and stringer should have been insolated from the streets. Just get the money keep a low profile.

Avon was wilding power tripping. Even worse he had no muscle.

It's not like they had Weebay Bird Stinkum and the crew from the first season.

They had a bunch of dumb niggas outside of Slim Charles

Given their ages avon and stringer should have been insolated from the streets. Just get the money keep a low profile.

Avon only knew what he knew

You're off about #1 in a way.

Avon crew had the towers and the low rises and Marlo had some corners that had nothing to do with where Avon was running his show and getting money.

Once the towers got tore down which was Avon's biggest money maker he needed a new place to replace all that money. That new place was the corners that Marlo had built up that Avon never gave a fuck about because he had the towers and low rises.

So actually Avon started the shit with Marlo and became his comp. Marlo handled the shit accordingly. Avon beefing with Marlo gave Marlo everything he always wanted. Marlo wanted to wear the crown and Avon came fucking with him. So in the streets and to everybody watching Marlo ain't doing nothing but what a man should which stand up for himself and what he built and not just let a nigga come take something from him without a fight.
i wasnt coming from a who started it....

he was comp regardless.

but this post is GOAT.

imma sit my ass down for a second

he had NYC connects

Not anymore. The Dominicans who supplied them cut off their relationship after avon only got 7 years. They thought avon was snitching.

They literally had weak product no muscle in the 2nd season and the fiends were going Eastside getting Prop Joe's better product
aye blood.....why you in here fuck with me?

you should be on the beach with your beautiful lady instead of in here tell me im wrong.

anyway....
he had access to brother and the greeks

aye blood.....why you in here fuck with me?

you should be on the beach with your beautiful lady instead of in here tell me im wrong.

anyway....
he had access to brother and the greeks

Lol. Brother relationship was dependent upon him giving up Stringer.

Greeks don't know Avon. They only dealt with Joe.

Even though Stinger gave up 3 towers they doubled their profit.

They started losing money again when Avon started the war with Marlo

I understand Stringer stance towards D and the shit D was on but IMO D would've never snitched because of that convo he had with his mother and how that if he snitched his mother would be out here in the streets basically homeless with their family name being shit and folks taking literal and verbal shots at her. He didn't want that for his mother. I don't even think D factored in shit when it came to his kid and that decision.

Her saying that is what made him not testify against Avon & Stringer. He already snitched, when he told the police bout Bey. They didn't really need him for Avon. And he was basically gonna replace Wallace in testifying against Stringer.

Plus in season 4 when Dalonda and Namond went to see her. She didn't look like she was on scraps, as she told D, and her brother's organization was dead at that point.

Avon only knew what he knew

Read a comment on YouTube about the downfall of Stringer and Avon. One of the best I've read:

Avon would have never called the hit in on D'Angelo. Stringer did. Just because Stringer wasn't concerned with his reputation didn't mean he wasn't cold, probably colder than Avon. Avon was a soldier who became a commander, he was hard but loyal. Stringer ran the business as a business, cruel and uncompromising.

When they worked together, with Stringer operating as the business manager and Avon working as the field commander, they were a perfect match. When they started working against each other, Stringer became the field commander and Avon got involved in the business. They stepped over each others' feet. Stringer ended up screwing up the fight with Marlo, Avon ended up ruining their business by fighting for corners. And, finally, they doomed each other.

Stringer needed Avon out of his way to fix the business and sold him out to the police. Avon got Stringer out of his way to protect his reputation and sold him out to the gangsters. Mostly, though, they forgot to include each other. Stringer wasn't just some weak yes-man, he was still hard as a rock. Avon wasn't just some dumb goomba, he was intelligent himself. They stopped trusting each other and listening to each other, then ended up ruining each other.

This is where The Wire became more than just a cool television show. This arc is on the level of a fable, a story of a landed lord and his trusted commander and friend who came up together to rule a kingdom, then eventually ended up being each others' downfall. It's important to note that Avon and Stringer didn't lose because of the police, or Marlo, or anyone else. They each lost because of the other.

“King stay the king yo”

. Him turning Avon in was like him flipping the chessboard, the game ends

its why I compared him to Tasha, they brought the organization down cause they ain’t want to follow anymore, they had their own ideas about what was right but forgot it wasn’t their kingdom

I understand Stringer perspective, it just don’t validate him acting out of turn

Last edited:
this is the silliest post about this show i've seen from you

with the exception of the docks, all the criminals were black...why would it be race motivated?

Chitown and Deadeye are closer to probably the real reason why
Missed this post....a black man outsmarted him and McNulty made it personal....season 2 shows you that niggas ain’t got shit to do w wholesale drug trafficking yet all McNulty can focus on is Stringer....he d actually would have made a difference if he focused on the CACs ...luckily season 5 somewhat brings that point home

Missed this post....a black man outsmarted him and McNulty made it personal....season 2 shows you that niggas ain’t got shit to do w wholesale drug trafficking yet all McNulty can focus on is Stringer....he d actually would have made a difference if he focused on the CACs ...luckily season 5 somewhat brings that point home
McNulty worked in homicides, that's all he cared about. The Barksdale's were dropping bodies so that's what he tried to stop

McNulty worked in homicides, that's all he cared about. The Barksdale's were dropping bodies so that's what he tried to stop

that's the beauty of this show

it just shows how everybody is a pawn in an overall bigger game

too many scenes showed how comfortable McNulty was around black people vs the other white cops

but McNulty also showed extra arrogance and motivation to take down street dealers when the bigger criminals were the white folks on top

I also loved how the show revealed just how much ego played in the police's motivation to pursue crime..........the senior cops were all about titles and political connections/prominence

meanwhile the lower ranking officers were only about getting recognition and pay (OT), and some just loved the rush of dealing with street shit

Back