Welcome To aBlackWeb

The United States Capitol is under siege by Trump Supporters

How it is used means that it's workable and can do the trick... there's no hint of temporary

I used satisfactory in response to one thing Democrats can do to address the wage gap when my response was raising the minimum wage to $15 so in the context I used it...................

Democrats raising the minimum wage to $15 would be satisfactory as the minimum wage has never moved in line with the cost of living over the last 4 decades and it still leaves more work left to be completed to adequately address the wealth gap in The United States of America

I don't even know what the fuck you're arguing here.

Who said that anything about restaurants doubling the prices of their meals in response to an increase in the minimum wage? That's some shit you just plucked out of your ass so you could shoot it down as being stupid.

You

No, not in a meaningful and long lasting way. I've already explained that. If they pass that, and grocery stores, restaurants, and other business affected by the increase raise their prices, that change has effectively been nullified. As was just said by someone else, given how fast the cost of living increases, it won't be long before that minimum wage increase has been eclipsed.

I've said this multiple times and this is the absolute last time I'm saying this. It is a good policy proposal, but by itself it's just a half measure. If I ask you how the Dems are working to decrease the wealth gap and the only thing you can give me is that they are increasing the minimum wage, I don't consider that a satisfactory answer. For a problem like the wealth gap disparity, there needs to be some kind of formal plan and strategy they plan to implement to tackle the issue.

If you can't get what I'm saying after that, I don't know what to tell you.

I used satisfactory in response to one thing Democrats can do to address the wage gap when my response was raising the minimum wage to $15 so in the context I used it...................

Democrats raising the minimum wage to $15 would be satisfactory as the minimum wage has never moved in line with the cost of living over the last 4 decades and it still leaves more work left to be completed to adequately address the wealth gap in The United States of America
Now was that in your original post about it being satisfactory?

Now was that in your original post about it being satisfactory?

Yes. After I said it would be satisfactory I explained why but @The Lonious Monk keep trying to drown out my response and tried to spin it as if I was saying raising the minimum wage to $15 would be all that needs to be done.

Like I explained to @AZTG most of what we are discussing is pretty straight forward but niggas are trying to spin in into more than what it is. I'm pretty direct.

I and others have given you reasons why the wealth gap problem is not something that can be satisfactorily addressed solely or even largely through a minimum wage increase. Your response has largely been to wrongly act like we're saying a wage increase is meaningless and most recently propose a scenario that doesn't even reflect the problems that were raised. At this point, it seems like you either are not trying to have an honest discussion or are not capable of having an informed discussion, so I'm getting off the merry-go-round here.

Where do you think the $15 figure comes from? The reason why it's settled on that number is because that factors in all of those things you mentioned across the entire country.
Not really

It's kinda like the R's thinking a one-time $600 check is "satisfactory" during in a time like this

A bunch of comfortable/rich/wealthy politicians and corporattions giving "poor" people what THEY think is enough for poor people to live

I and others have given you reasons why the wealth gap problem is not something that can be satisfactorily addressed solely or even largely through a minimum wage increase.

You never needed to give me any reasons for this because I never said that the wealth gap would be solely addressed by raising the minimum wage.

You specifically asked for one thing that Democrats can do to address the wage gap and I stated that raising the minimum wage would be one thing that they could do and you proceeded to say that doing that wouldn't be enough......................

Well no shit nigga!!!!!!!!! You asked for one thing so I gave you one thing. I even said that it wouldn't be enough by itself.

You created a whole back and forth because I answered your question directly as you asked.

And you keep say you're gonna end the discussion but look where you at nigga

f8b18133ef74eb19aaa53cd9e9fb44c60c8390ff.gif

You never needed to give me any reasons for this because I never said that the wealth gap would be solely addressed by raising the minimum wage.

You specifically asked for one thing that Democrats can do to address the wage gap and I stated that raising the minimum wage would be one thing that they could do and you proceeded to say that doing that wouldn't be enough......................

Well no shit nigga!!!!!!!!! You asked for one thing so I gave you one thing. I even said that it wouldn't be enough by itself.

You created a whole back and forth because I answered your question directly as you asked.

And you keep say you're gonna end the discussion but look where you at nigga

f8b18133ef74eb19aaa53cd9e9fb44c60c8390ff.gif

This is what I said:

Instead of talking about generalities. Give me an example of something that will be addressed satisfactorily by the House. Maybe I missed something. Let's take the wealth gap. What is the House planning to pass to aggressively reduce the wealth gap?

Your response to that question was "Raise the minimum wage?" When I pointed out that one measure doesn't really answer my question and that they need a comprehensive plan to address the problem, you doubled down and said some dumb shit about the wage increase being satisfactory not excellent.

Again, you're either just being dishonest in your argument here or you're simply not capable of having an informed discussion here. You right though. I said I was going to stop and didn't. You got it.

Try living in New York or New Jersey or Connecticut, Northeast outside Pa...

I understand that.

But to address a systemic issue like the wealth gap it won't be done by the push of a button. Raising the minimum wage would be a step towards fixing that.

Here's what we do know and I'm pretty sure we can all agree on. The wage gap in general needs to be overhauled.

But we have to start somewhere and right now raising the minimum wage is the absolute easiest thing for Congress to do. It already has overwhelming support.

Back