Welcome To aBlackWeb

The United States Capitol is under siege by Trump Supporters

This is what I said:

Your response to that question was "Raise the minimum wage?" When I pointed out that one measure doesn't really answer my question and that they need a comprehensive plan to address the problem, you doubled down and said some dumb shit about the wage increase being satisfactory not excellent.

Again, you're either just being dishonest in your argument here or you're simply not capable of having an informed discussion here. You right though. I said I was going to stop and didn't. You got it.

Do you think fixing the wealth gap can be addressed without raising the minimum wage yes or no?

In Jersey??? Do me a favour look up rent, food prices, mortgages, products, services, etc $600 might be a sewer bill...

I know that. I was going to point out that $600 is a weekly check making $15 an hour. It was not meant to mean that it is simply enough.

Remember that the key point in minimum wage is the word minimum. Meaning it's not going to be lower than that.

I understand that.

But to address a systemic issue like the wealth gap it won't be done by the push of a button. Raising the minimum wage would be a step towards fixing that.

Here's what we do know and I'm pretty sure we can all agree on. The wage gap in general needs to be overhauled.

But we have to start somewhere and right now raising the minimum wage is the absolute easiest thing for Congress to do. It already has overwhelming support.
I am not disagreeing I feel the same way I just would hope that it's not limited to that idea and made out like "look what we did for ya, that should be good enough"

I am not disagreeing I feel the same way I just would hope that it's not limited to that idea and made out like "look what we did for ya, that should be good enough"

Well considering that the bill to make the minimum wage $15 has already passed the House and is literally in The Senate on Mitch McConnell's desk I don't think democrats are gonna do a look at us after they pass it. It's technically old news for them since they already addressed it.

200.gif

Exactly. That's why you can't just say raising the minimum wage is addressing the wealth gap. It's a good step, but if that's all we get and its heralded as some big move, then the politicians will move and and leave the job undone. We've seen that before.
Raising the minimum wage doesn't even catch us up to inflation. And by the time it's fully implemented inflation will have moved even farther along it'll more than likely not even feel like too big a difference.

Can’t we all just agree that raising the minimum wage is a good thing and something that wouldn’t have even been considered under Trump?

Why are we arguing about something that is an excellent thing for many families?

Inflation will always increase, so don’t double the minimum wage because inflation might go up a little but not nearly in direct proportion to the minimum wage?

Either way, this whole minimum wage increase debate or any what can Democrats do to address x debate should be another thread.

And a $600 stimmy is just a weeks pay making....................

$15 an hour

38a7a50dc545dd1ec491ec8e3f849c86.gif
The math on the stim checks is ridiculous- You giving $600 to about 60% of the people or 140mil people - which is only 84Billion...where is the rest of the money?

There is a lot of BS going on....left and right. The MAGA guys are crazy and dangerous but they are the symptom of the problem.....not the problem.

It’s just funny to me to see white men get so mad at feeling unheard that they rioted....hmmm i have heard that before

then for them to say....NOT ALL Of us rioted and it was mostly a peaceful protest......hmmmm heard that before too

Now they feeling that they are being unfairly grouped with violent people just because they share similar views.....hmmm heard that before too.

Now they think the police are unfairly targeting them.....hmmm heard that before too

And companies are not treating them the way they treat everyone else.....hmmmm again...yep

It only took an attack on the capitol to make all those MAGA dudes get what BLM protest were all about .... but of course they dont see the irony

Back