Welcome To aBlackWeb

The United States Capitol is under siege by Trump Supporters

@DOS_patos

Bruh, Republicans been on some shit during our whole lifetime, but in 2020, they literally ran on telling scared white people you specifically were coming for their suburbs, and that they would keep you out of their suburbs.

That shit was disgusting.

If you pass all that and still end up voting for them cause they gonna be better for your pockets, thats a massive character flaw.

And btw, when I say you in this post, I dont mean you. Just saying you to prove a point.
i get that....and appreciate you you specifying.

but im legit curious as to why people vote the way they do.

The cost have living has been going up for decades while minimum wage has not.

There is not argument that you can make that proves that raising the minim wage will drastically make the cost of living go up.

The cost of living has always gone up with the minimum wage never changing.

I gave you an example with my first job. It was at White Castle in 2007. I was making $5.85hr which was minimum wage at the time. A steak dinner at Applebees was $15 in 2007. Are you telling me that if the minimum wage is raised to $15 that the same steak dinner is going to be $45 now? That's not going to happen.

It wont happen over night, but it will happen.

Companies will pass the cost of paying employees more to customers, which will lead to a domino effect of everything going up.

Simple macro economics.

I support the minimum wage going up. But more has to be done to make sure the minimum wage continued to go up.

We're in the middle of a pandemic and an economic crisis and niggas can literally see how impactful a single $600 stimulus check is.

Think about how critical getting that $600 stimulus check would be for so many people.

$15 is a $600 weekly check yet a $15 minimum wage won't really mean much.

Are you serious?
So do you ignore the cost of living increase... you get $15 an hour but food, products, and services rise up more than normal to offset the increase of the increase minimum wage... essentially putting you back at square one... are you better off?

i get that....and appreciate you you specifying.

but im legit curious as to why people vote the way they do.

Im with you bruh.

I legit hate democrats and almost never vote for them. I never vote republican either. Never will.

This year I had to vote dem cause the republicans were just wildin to extreme levels.

For me personally when voting though, ill never vote for my personal benefit. I always vote for what I think is the societal benefit even if it hurts my pockets.

It wont happen over night, but it will happen.

Companies will pass the cost of paying employees more to customers, which will lead to a domino effect of everything going up.

Simple macro economics.

I support the minimum wage going up. But more has to be done to make sure the minimum wage continued to go up.

So do you ignore the cost of living increase... you get $15 an hour but food, products, and services rise up more than normal to offset the increase of the increase minimum wage... essentially putting you back at square one... are you better off?

This is an honest question for both of y'all,

Have you ever gave a fuck about the cost of living?

I had to leave all my family and friends to move to a state that had a low cost of living because I couldnt afford to live in the state I was raised in.

Does that answer your question?

And you think raising the minimum wage would've made things worse for you because the cost of living would've been even more?

And you think raising the minimum wage would've made things worse for you because the cost of living would've been even more?

Now you taking shit to extreme levels fam.

No one said anything like that.

All mfers said was raising the minimum wage is a temporary stop gap and more needs to be done.

You disagree with that? Cool.

Now you taking shit to extreme levels fam.

No one said anything like that.

All mfers said was raising the minimum wage is a temporary stop gap and more needs to he done.

Nigga everybody has said that more needs to be done. Nobody ever said that only raising the minimum wage to $15 and doing nothing else is all that we need.

The cost have living has been going up for decades while minimum wage has not.

There is not argument that you can make that proves that raising the minim wage will drastically make the cost of living go up.

The cost of living has always gone up with the minimum wage never changing.

I gave you an example with my first job. It was at White Castle in 2007. I was making $5.85hr which was minimum wage at the time. A steak dinner at Applebees was $15 in 2007. Are you telling me that if the minimum wage is raised to $15 that the same steak dinner is going to be $45 now? That's not going to happen.
It already happens... gallon of whole milk was how much in 2000, then look at the price in 2010 and compare that to 2020...
2000 retail $2.79
2010 retail $3.15
2020 retail $3.60

That's increase due to inflation... add in now a new double digit minimum wage, a smaller bottom line, and employers are left with a) increase prices more and/or b) lay off ppl. Increasing the minimum wage is only a step

This is an honest question for both of y'all,

Have you ever gave a fuck about the cost of living?
Honest answer, I've watched numerous ppl move because they couldn't afford to live in my state anymore... not living on minimum wage, cost of living increase every was too much to handle, especially if you're from the Northeast

Nigga everybody has said that more needs to be done. Nobody ever said that only raising the minimum wage to $15 and doing nothing else is all that we need.

Facts. But you like to see your self argue with everything fam. And thats why we here

Im with you bruh.

I legit hate democrats and almost never vote for them. I never vote republican either. Never will.

This year I had to vote dem cause the republicans were just wildin to extreme levels.

For me personally when voting though, ill never vote for my personal benefit. I always vote for what I think is the societal benefit even if it hurts my pockets.
salut

i voted dems too.....trump was all out of pocket.
i cant support that....but i hate the choices we end up with in the end regardless of party.

people should be starting now to prepare to 2024...to support who they want and who support the ideas people want.

but i am slowly starting to understand why some people vote for their own benefit even if i dont agree

It already happens... gallon of whole milk was how much in 2000, then look at the price in 2010 and compare that to 2020...
2000 retail $2.79
2010 retail $3.15
2020 retail $3.60

That's increase due to inflation... add in now a new double digit minimum wage, a smaller bottom line, and employers are left with a) increase prices more and/or b) lay off ppl. Increasing the minimum wage is only a step

What's fucked up is employers usually do both to put even more money back in their pockets.

Back