Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/china-announces-60-billion-us-goods-tariff-retaliation

Trump Tariff Threat Spurs China To Target $60 Billion Of US Goods

BEIJING (AP) — China’s government has announced a $60 billion list of U.S. goods including coffee, honey and industrial chemicals for retaliation if Washington goes ahead with its latest tariff threat.

The Finance Ministry on Friday accused the Trump administration of damaging the global economy after it proposed imposing 25 percent duties on $200 billion of Chinese products in a dispute over Beijing’s technology policy.

A ministry statement said, “China is forced to take countermeasures.”

Washington imposed 25 percent duties on $34 billion of Chinese goods on July 6. Beijing responded by imposing similar charges on the same amount of U.S. products.

I like reading the comments of certain tweets and found this. Thought it was pretty good
Djogt0pXoAAuWoK.jpg

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/katy-tu...something-to-your-boss-before-it-is-too-late/

Katy Tur: If Anyone in WH Cares About Attacks on Press, ‘Say Something to Your Boss… Before It Is Too Late’

MSNBC’s Katy Tur is warning the White House that something bad is inevitably going to happen if the President keeps promoting vitriolic attacks on the press.

Trump blasted the media for the kajillionth time during a rally last night, which came hours after CNN’s Jim Acosta pressed Press Secretary’s Sarah Huckabee Sanders to reject the notion that the media is the “enemy of the people.” As Tur ran coverage of this, she noted that the president obviously hates the media, “but do you have to put our lives in danger?”

After noting the recent Capital Gazette shooting and Ivanka Trump‘s recent comments, the MSNBC host went into detail about nasty threats she and other journalists receive on a daily basis:

What you saw and still see on TV, those boos and taunts, are only part of it. What you do not see are the nasty letters or packages or emails, the threats of physical violence. ‘I hope you get raped and killed,’ one person wrote to me just this week. ‘Raped and killed.’ Not just me, but a couple of my female colleagues, as well. And in case you want to argue this has nothing to do with the president, the most recent note I got ended with ‘MAGA.’ So if anyone in the administration cares about the safety and security of journalists, the health of a free and unintimidated press, and, by extension, our democracy as a whole, please say something to your boss, to your dad, to your Commander-in-Chief before it is too late.”

Tur concluded by saying her message was not directed to Sanders, since “you made it clear where you stand yesterday.”

Back