Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/maxine-waters-cancels-events-after-very-serious-threats

Rep. Maxine Waters Cancels Events Due To ‘Very Serious Threats’

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) cancelled two events in Alabama and Texas this week after receiving a flood of “hostile mail” — including “one very serious death threat,” according to a Friday CNN report.

“As the President has continued to lie and falsely claim that I encouraged people to assault his supporters, while also offering a veiled threat that I should ‘be careful,’ even more individuals are leaving (threatening) messages and sending hostile mail to my office,” Waters said in a statement.

“There was one very serious death threat made against me on Monday from an individual in Texas which is why my planned speaking engagements in Texas and Alabama were cancelled (sic) this weekend,” she continued. “This is just one in several very serious threats the United States Capitol Police are investigating in which individuals threatened to shoot, lynch, or cause me serious bodily harm.”

Waters called for people to continue protesting Trump staffers in public spaces on Saturday, prompting Trump to threaten her in a tweet and rail against her at rallies since. Trump claims that Waters is advocating for physical violence against his administration, while she insists that she is only urging for peaceful protest.

Ok. Looks like we will never agree.
I consider myself a pragmatic person.

Cool

Since you consider yourself a pragmatic person. Tell me how its sensible or realistic to think continuing to do the same shit over and over again in this system is going to work for black people.

Selene San Felice “Thanks for your prayers, but I couldn’t give a fuck about them if there’s nothing else.”

NRA errand boy Marco Rubio is offended...

This lil bitch wanted to be president of this country but crying cause somebody who just survived an attack said "FUCK" on tv.
tenor.gif

I want to see Mitch McConnell in DC and call him "Cocaine Mitch" LLS Don't know why I just do.

Cool

Since you consider yourself a pragmatic person. Tell me how its sensible or realistic to think continuing to do the same shit over and over again in this system is going to work for black people.

Depends ...

Do you consider objectively weighing my options each political cycle and voting for my best interests and that of my country “doing the same shit over and over”?

If so, you would be skipping over a grand canyon of nuance to make a straw man's argument. I would love to hear your VIABLE alternative to the aforementioned approach.

Depends ...

Do you consider objectively weighing my options each political cycle and voting for my best interests and that of my country “doing the same shit over and over”?

If so, you would be skipping over a grand canyon of nuance to make a straw man's argument. I would love to hear your VIABLE alternative to the aforementioned approach.

Are you really voting in your best interests and that of this country when black people not getting shit out of the people they are helping elect into office?

What is the old establishment democratic party doing for black people?

Cause from my view black people been voting a long ass time and still in last place and treated like 2nd-3rd class citizens.

Yes.

You have a finite amount of options in the political process.

Out of options A, B, and C - which platform BEST aligns with my views and provides me with the BEST opportunity for success. Notice I said “best” because we cannot have the perfect candidate or the perfect situation. WE HAVE TO CHOOSE.

In parallel, we should do what we can to affect positive change in said political system.

If you refuse to select any of those options guess what... one will be chosen for you.

If you would like to somehow annihilate the most effective political system in modern history and build a new one from scratch ... that’s cool.

What is the first step in doing so? And what happens to our people in the mean time?

I’m all ears ... otherwise, see the top of this post regarding how to engage in the political process.

Yes.

You have a finite amount of options in the political process.

Out of options A, B, and C - which platform BEST aligns with my views and provides me with the BEST opportunity for success. Notice I said “best” because we cannot have the perfect candidate or the perfect situation. WE HAVE TO CHOOSE.

In parallel, we should do what we can to affect positive change in said political system.

If you refuse to select any of those options guess what... one will be chosen for you.

If you would like to somehow annihilate the most effective political system in modern history and build a new one from scratch ... that’s cool.

What is the first step in doing so? And what happens to our people in the mean time?

I’m all ears ... otherwise, see the top of this post regarding how to engage in the political process.

This is what I'm not understanding. You knowingly being sold some bullshit and happy about it. You really don't have to choose shit. Close minded thinking.

You go cast your vote. I donate $1,000 to the same person you voted for but I didn't vote.

We both have issues we want addressed from said politician. Who do you think issue is going to be addressed first and urgently? Your's or mine.

Back