Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

Texas equals red state, mostly voted for Trump, Electoral College voted for Trump... the impact comes from the ppl whom could change red into Purple. The blue vote was in a way worthless (unless there was a larger mass of blue to change the Senate and therefore the EC), the need and right to exercise voting is priceless.

I still don't understand the purpose of the electoral college.

When MAJORITY of a country vote for a specific person they should win. That's the point of voting.

When MAJORITY of a country vote for a specific person they should win. That's the point of voting.
If I'm not mistaken it gives states with smaller populations an opportunity to be heard

The country was founded primarily as a republic. The word democracy wasnt even mentioned once in the original ratification of the constitution.

The electoral college made perfect sense in a time when literacy was less than 50%. And a formal education was an exception reserved for the wealthy and not the rule.

But in these days where the collective knowledge of our species is accessible in the palm of our hands?

Nah. Makes zero sense.

Trump bout to give putin a in person status report and get a mid year job evaluation smh

tenor.gif

I dont really think people were paying attention to the campaign or the platform.. she ran on she didnt have a bumper sticker phrase.. thats it..

This.

She had a site with a book’s worth of strategies to solve the specific challenges our community is faced with.

But she said “super predators” decades ago.

People believe what they want to.

This.

She had a site with a book’s worth of strategies to solve the specific challenges our community is faced with.

Fam, thats why i don't even engage i say my piece and TRY to let the stupid shit lie

This.

Not that any politician should just be believed.

Knowing her history and background why the fuck should people have just bought into that book of so called strategies?

So people should've just ignored the videos of Hillary in one town saying one thing she is going to do. Then going into a different town the very next day contradicting everything she just said the day before?

Show me the video of Hillary going to meet with jewish media people and her pulling matzo ball soup out her bag to pander and show them how she relates to them like she did with black people by pulling hot sauce out her bag on the breakfast club.

This is the person you asking people to put their faith in?

I know she not the only one to do that. My point this whole time the people, the voters should say FUCK all those types of politicians. I guess that makes too much sense though. Since people seem to fight that train of thought tooth and nail.

What does it mean to say “fuck politicians” ...

How does that help us achieve our goals today?

I said fuck "those" types of politicians.

Politicians ain't helped black people.

We the dumb ones who continue to rush to the polls to blindly vote democrat to get nothing in return. When the move the whole time has been right in our faces and that is to create PACs to donate money to the politician of our choosing.

Politicians respect and respond to money not votes. They give voters their ass to kiss and they give money donors results.

I said fuck "those" types of politicians.

Ok- We are in the position we are in period. From a collective wealth and power perspective.... That doesn’t change overnight.

If you say “fuck those type of politicians”, that implies that you are not for total anarchy ... which type of policiticans are you willing to work with.

Ok- We are in the position we are in period. From a collective wealth and power perspective.... That doesn’t change overnight.

If you say “fuck those type of politicians”, that implies that you are not for total anarchy ... which type of policiticans are you willing to work with.

Me personally I want anarchy cause us black people ain't going to get a fair shake in this system from democrats or republicans. The whole thing needs to be destroyed in order for us to truly move forward and have some real say so in matters. Look at the pictures of congress. All you see is old to middle aged white men and women with a very extreme small amount of black people mixed in. No matter how much we vote they don't have our best interest at heart. Never have and never will.

I'm speaking in this convo from the perspective of person who believes this system we will work. I personally know it won't but for conversing purposes that is the stance I'm taking.

Haven't looked her up to read about her in detail. Heard a few interviews but I'm very interested in Ocasio-Cortez and other young politicians who feel and think like she is at the moment.

IMO it says a lot of about the democratic party in how much they don't seem to want an infusion of young democrats in office cause they don't agree with the old establishment. When you think about it the old establishment ain't done shit for us for them to have black peoples undying loyalty.

Me personally I want anarchy cause us black people ain't going to get a fair shake in this system from democrats or republicans. The whole thing needs to be destroyed in order for us to truly move forward and have some real say so in matters. Look at the pictures of congress. All you see is old to middle aged white men and women with a very extreme small amount of black people mixed in. No matter how much we vote they don't have our best interest at heart. Never have and never will.

I'm speaking in this convo from the perspective of person who believes this system we will work. I personally know it won't but for conversing purposes that is the stance I'm taking.

Haven't looked her up to read about her in detail. Heard a few interviews but I'm very interested in Ocasio-Cortez and other young politicians who feel and think like she is at the moment.

IMO it says a lot of about the democratic party in how much they don't seem to want an infusion of young democrats in office cause they don't agree with the old establishment. When you think about it the old establishment ain't done shit for us for them to have black peoples undying loyalty.
Ok. Looks like we will never agree.
I consider myself a pragmatic person.

Back