Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

Hmmm...I kinda like what she's saying. Problem is, some folks in her party won't. If she get the people behind her on this, especially the young voters, anything is possible.

Now is definitely a good time.
notice how she aint opt out pf the process she ran as a massive underdog and won props to her..

hopefully she remembers why she ran and keep soldiering on

https://www.mediaite.com/online/nor...rading-nuke-program-despite-big-trump-summit/

North Korea is Totally Still Upgrading Nuke Program, Despite Big Trump Summit

“There will be denuclearization,” President Donald Trump said at a rally in Duluth, MN last Wednesday. “That’s the real story.”

Now, in the words of the late radio legend Paul Harvey, the rest of the story:

Despite the president’s assurances, North Korea has been upgrading its nuclear program in the two weeks following the June 12 summit in Singapore. That’s according to watchdog group 38 North — which posted satellite imagery to its website backing its assertions.

The images show that North Korea has made a series of infrastructure upgrades to its only known nuclear reactor. Among the improvements; new buildings have been erected, covered pipe trench has been completed, and cooling units have been added.

The 38 North report cautions that the continued work, “should not be seen as having any relationship to North Korea’s pledge to denuclearize.” However, 38 North’s managing editor, Jenny Town, stated on Twitter that the construction does show why an “actual deal” is needed — not the nebulous pact signed by Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mcconnell-gloats-over-blocking-garland

McConnell: Blocking Garland Was ‘Most Consequential Decision I Ever Made’

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell took a victory lap during a Politco Playbook interview on Wednesday, calling his decision to block President Barack Obama from filling the vacant Supreme Court seat during his tenure as the “single most consequential decision I ever made.”

“I felt very confident that if the shoe was on the other foot, a Democratic Senate would not have confirmed a Republican president’s nominee during an election,” he said. “I was confident that the complaints would be rank hypocrisy knowing full well that they would do the same thing in the middle of an election.”

McConnell touted getting Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch on the bench, along with his record rate of getting circuit judges appointed, as one of his most significant accomplishments in the time of Trump.

Overall, he said that this has been “the best year and a half” for those wanting America taken in a “right of center” direction.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rep-steve-king-refuses-to-apologize-for-retweeting-a-neo-nazi

Rep. Steve King Refuses To Apologize For Retweeting A Neo-Nazi

Rep. Steve King (R-IA), who two weeks ago retweeted a neo-Nazi’s call to stop “mass immigration,” refused on Tuesday to delete the tweet or apologize for sharing the hate leader’s message.

“It’s unjust to simply put a politically correct bridle on someone and say, ‘You’ve got to do a background check on everybody that ever tweets something out before you can ever agree with a single sentence that they might put out,'” King told CNN in an interview. “And by the way I didn’t even know it was his message. I thought it was a Breitbart message.”

Regardless, the congressman, whose racist comments have made headlines frequently during his 15-year congressional tenure, refused to take down the message.

“I am aware of many leftists that are attacking me, trying to get me to take this down,” he told CNN’s Chris Cuomo later on Wednesday. “I’m not taking it down. It was simply a Breitbart story that I tweeted. It had a guy’s name on it that I had never heard of. Now a lot of people have heard his name. It’s going to stay on my website as long as it takes, it’s going to go into the rearview mirror.”

Republican leadership stayed silent after King’s tweet on June 12. TPM’s requests for comment to House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI), Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), the National Republican Congressional Committee and the Republican National Committee went unanswered.

On Tuesday, Ryan broke his silence through a spokesperson, with a message to the Daily Beast’s Sam Stein: “The speaker has said many times that Nazis have no place in our politics, and clearly members should not engage with anyone promoting hate.”

King didn’t seem to take that personally.

“Paul Ryan didn’t say anything,” he told Cuomo. “His spokesperson made a general comment that didn’t even have my name in it.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livew...-shine-expected-to-be-named-wh-comms-director

NYT: Ailes Crony Bill Shine Expected To Be Named WH Comms Director

Former Fox News Co-President Bill Shine, who was an ally of the network’s late CEO Roger Ailes, is expected to be the next White House communications director, the New York Times reported Wednesday.

Shine left Fox News in May last year amid accusations that he helped cover up a number of sexual harassment allegations at the company.

Consequences to not voting or having voted for a 3rd party candidate in the last election

Those same people are bitching about this administrations decisons and actions too.

On top of that voter turnout was about 55% in 2016. Odds are close half the people on tv protesting and talking shit about the administration didn’t vote.

Back