Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

Maxine Waters is a moron for this shit. I'm not gonna harrass white people in the name of other white people. That's slave shit.

It's so fucking stupid. "Let's kill fuck shit with fuck shit" uh that only leads to more fuck shit. She doesn't see how democrats always go hard for illegals but completely ignore the plights of black americans? Doesn't she get it? THEY'RE ALSO WHITE SUPREMACISTS!!

They go hard for mexicans to "seem" tolerant and progressive but its really to keep low wage workers in their businesses. They care about nobody's progress but white people's just like republicans. They're all capitalists first and want to keep the capital for themselves above all other races. So I say let them burn themselves

I'm not gonna waste my time allowing Trump and his goons into my head. Or sweating a white civil war. Life's too short.

Maxine Waters is a moron for this shit. I'm not gonna harrass white people in the name of other white people. That's slave shit.

It's so fucking stupid. "Let's kill fuck shit with fuck shit" uh that only leads to more fuck shit. She doesn't see how democrats always go hard for illegals but completely ignore the plights of black americans? Doesn't she get it? THEY'RE ALSO WHITE SUPREMACISTS!!

They go hard for mexicans to "seem" tolerant and progressive but its really to keep low wage workers in their businesses. They care about nobody's progress but white people's just like republicans. They're all capitalists first and want to keep the capital for themselves above all other races. So I say let them burn themselves

I'm not gonna waste my time allowing Trump and his goons into my head. Or sweating a white civil war. Life's too short.

Bolded... i damn sure aint doin it. But if other ppl wanna do it, thats on them.

Plus, the way i see it. Trumps in office, there are no more rules. But for every action, there is a reaction.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/mcconnell-camp-gloats-gorsuch

McConnell Camp Gloats About Gorsuch After SCOTUS Upholds Trump Travel Ban

The Twitter account for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s campaign was ready to remind everyone, in the minutes after the Supreme Court upheld President Trump’s travel ban, of the unprecedented power grab that helped secure such a decision.

The tweet was photo of McConnell going in for a hand shake with Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch, who filled the absence on the bench created by Justice Scalia Antonin Scalia’s death in 2016 and provided the fifth vote upholding the ban Tuesday.

McConnell notoriously blocked then-President Barack Obama from filling the seat with his own choice, D.C. Appeals Court Judge Merrick Garland, and refused to grant the Obama nominee even a committee hearing.

The seat stayed open well over a year, while the prospect of a Republican-appointed Supreme Court justice to fill the pivotal ninth seat appeared to help drive conservatives otherwise skeptical of Trump to the ballot box in 2016, according to exit polls.

Trump nominated Gorsuch, who has quickly emerged as one of the most conservative justices on the court, soon after his inauguration and Senate Republicans led by McConnell blew up the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees to see him confirmed.

McConnell, meanwhile, has bragged that blocking Garland was “the most consequential decision I’ve made in my entire public career.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-news-trump-va-pick-confederate-gay-20180626-story.html

President Trump's Veterans Affairs pick publicly defended neo-Confederate groups, anti-gay policies

President Trump’s nominee to head Veterans Affairs has a history of defending neo-Confederate groups and controversial positions on gay rights, revelations that will likely stir intense debate during his Senate confirmation hearing Wednesday.

In a profile published by the Washington Post on Tuesday, Trump’s VA pick Robert Wilkie is described as having been “a fixture” at events organized by descendants of Confederate veterans honoring the birthday of the Confederacy’s only president, Jefferson Davis, as recently as 2005. Wilkie was reportedly also a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, a group that defends public displays of Confederate symbols.

Wilkie, who currently serves as the Pentagon’s undersecretary for personnel and readiness, started out his political career as an aide to former North Carolina Sen. Jesse Helms, who condemned Martin Luther King Jr.
and once said homosexuals are “weak, morally sick wretches.” After Helms, Wilkie went on to work for Trent Lott, the ex-Senate majority leader who lost his post after defending a segregationist presidential campaign ran by a fellow senator.

Wilkie, 55, has been a vocal defender of preserving Confederate monuments and displaying Confederate symbols — issues that have landed in the national spotlight since deadly violence broke out at a far right rally in Charlottesville, Va., last summer.

“What we are seeing is an attempt in the name of political correctness to erase entire blocks of our history,” Wilkie told the Washington Post in 1993 amid discussions in the Senate over Confederate symbols. “The questions is whether we’re going to wipe out the history of millions of Americans who trace their heritage to the losing side.”

In 1996, Wilkie went after a Democrat running against Helms, accusing him of having “openly courted money from the homosexual community,” according to a PBS transcript from the time.

More recently, Wilkie has spearheaded internal Pentagon efforts to justify Trump’s contentious ban on transgender people serving in the U.S. military.

The Pentagon downplayed Wilkie’s previous engagements and said he’s no longer a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans and has stopped attending events. Wilkie, who is a descendant of Confederate veterans himself, said in a statement, “while I still honor the soldiers in my family, and I am a student of history, the past is the past and I do not live in the past.”

A spokesman for the Sons of Confederate Veterans did not return a request for comment.

Trump tapped Wilkie after his personal physician, Ronny Jackson, dropped out of the running to lead the VA amid damning reports about his drinking on the job, doling out drugs to co-workers and creating a hostile work environment.

Wilkie’s checkered past is likely to come up during his confirmation hearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Wednesday.

Chelsea Clinton took serious issue with the revelations.

“Someone who has defended treason against the United States, pines for the days of slavery and advocated for banning our brave transgender troops from serving is not fit to lead the VA,” the daughter of Hillary Clinton tweeted.

Will Fischer, an Iraq War veteran and director of the left-leaning VoteVets advocacy group, echoed that sentiment.

“The confederacy had at its foundation a commitment to preserve a slavocracy and preserve a system that kept people as chattel and believed in racism,” Fischer told the Daily News. “If Robert Wilkie believes that the calls of the Confederacy were just, then how in the world can you expect he will provide benefits for all veterans?”

Back